Silly Ideas to Fix Second Life

1 minute ago, Rat Luv said:

Oh, no? Did he write the same thing on another thread? 

No but he is into security orbs, isn't he?
I just gave him a suggestion for future builds.

• Haha 1

People who' have been in SL for more than 15 years, constantly saying SL is doomed because it's not the same as 15 years ago, are scaring noobs away, so, anyone who has an account over 15 years old, MUST use an RLV enabled viewer, and wear a locked RLV ballgag with the keys held by "Keymaster Linden".

They will still be able to talk rubbish, but thanks to the gag-garble, nobody will understand a word they say, and so they won't scare the noobs.

Also, the proliferation of avatars wearing gags will help LL demonstrate their acceptance of SL's adult side, as promised in their 2024 roadmap!

• Like 1

Instead of trying to bring the games tech and culture to a modern era, invent time travel and throw the entire world back to 2008 so it just fits in better.

Building with prims should be encouraged far more, and should work with incremental steps with a basic toolbox like Roblox. Sacrifice photo realistic detail for accessibility.

There should be linden operate spaces which are just designed to be smaller chatrooms. Nowhere to go, just a conversation pit for 5-15 people. These should be found by random selection or by group traveling, and should be situated around info hubs across the world. Like the idea of a social island but compacted and on the mainland.

A built in camera feature for a cut away top down or isometric view would be neat. Think of the sims. 

A linden run HOA of sorts that just maintains a cohesive aesthetic to the world around infohubs. If you want to make your home an eyesore, do it away from the primary locations in world. There’s a difference between an eccentric style and large blocking walls, ban lines, or intentionally disruptive terrain.

Item tags, so items can be automatically classified in your inventory to where they’re supposed to go. With a 2 layer sub folder system, ie Clothes > Shirts, no further. Obviously users could go further but just having that automated would make the inventory much less of a pain to use.

How many of my ideas are real, how many of them are jokes, some may never know.

• Haha 1

On 3/29/2024 at 11:08 AM, Zalificent Corvinus said:

People who' have been in SL for more than 15 years, constantly saying SL is doomed because it's not the same as 15 years ago, are scaring noobs away, so, anyone who has an account over 15 years old, MUST use an RLV enabled viewer, and wear a locked RLV ballgag with the keys held by "Keymaster Linden".

They will still be able to talk rubbish, but thanks to the gag-garble, nobody will understand a word they say, and so they won't scare the noobs.

Also, the proliferation of avatars wearing gags will help LL demonstrate their acceptance of SL's adult side, as promised in their 2024 roadmap!

mrfff blmurgr phm!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

A huge boobs-stick?

Is this back to Love's recent obsession with BDSM stuff and Fetish Nurses?

Actually, I wanted "boomstick" to be an "Evil Dead" movie reference, but Google disappointed me by revealing it means "shotgun" (which Ash wore as a prosthetic when not wearing a chainsaw). Long story.

1 minute ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Actually, I wanted "boomstick" to be an "Evil Dead" movie reference, but Google disappointed me by revealing it means "shotgun" (which Ash wore as a prosthetic when not wearing a chainsaw). Long story.

Not sure giving noobs free shotguns is a good idea, giving them a huge-boob-stick would be a lot funnier.

18 minutes ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

Not sure giving noobs free shotguns is a good idea, giving them a huge-boob-stick would be a lot funnier.

Like the giant flexi peen everyone passed to noobs when they asked where and how to get one?  Those were hilarious.

• Haha 1