If I won the lottery... 💰

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 72 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

If I won the lottery, nothing would change in my SL..

I wouldn't be spending more money ,because I spend what I want now.. I've had sims before and really it's just too much room for me.. I like having a 1/4 of a sim.. that's the right size for me..

We'd probably just figure out what would make it work best for us and let it do it's thing.. I sure wouldn't want the attention that those winners get..The dogs would be barking all the time and probably have to get new phone numbers..

We'd probably do the over time payments rather than the  one chunk thing..

We don't play those lotteries anyways.. hehehe

• Like 6

If I won the lottery (Publishers Clearing House or whatever) and the accountants and government had figured out what I get to keep, I would invest in Substance painter (Adobe) so I could better paint and texture my mesh builds. It's a pricy Adobe subscription that is outside my  Creative Cloud account---because, well...Adobe.

I would increase my land holdings. I'm on a 1024 with my premium account and my alt is a jealous freeloader with a boot addiction. She wants her own bed  to sleep on.

I think it would be cool to create a peaceful sanctuary for the sexually abused. A place with trees to talk to others who have gone through the same horrors, or feel the same guilt, shame, and other misplaced emotions of confusion and consequence that reflect throughout a victim's life. Underneath it all would be a BDSM dungeon to work out the carbon shadow of our demons that have been indelibly etched onto the soul of our inner child.

After some thought, It's probably best to just stick with the trees. We can take field trips to destinations for self medicating our addictions.

I would make and fund a group owned money tree where members of the group or friends could come weekly and boost their $linden accounts. 

AANND...just for fun I would build (or have built) a money pit that when jumped into would produce clouds of particle dollar bills for me to roll around in. 

• Like 6

I think I would probably spend less time in SL, although I might purchase a region for when I was in SL.  There would just be so much to fill my time with in RL as well as tinker around with on the computer I would build.  

• Like 3

If I won a big lottery?

SL I would hire a housekeeper to sort and do the upkeep on my Inventory. Start by arranging everything in the Wardrobe app as it's the only way I would stay in SL.

Opensim I already have regions and can create plenty more but I would hire a developer to take a fork of the code and make some changes to it that I would like, including some to the viewer I use.

I'd likely also hire a tutor to get me more familiar with Blender and Gimp or Photoshop as that would interest me.                                                         

• Like 4

Having just found out that a couple who live(d) just a few miles away from me won £61,000,000 at the start of the month, I'll join in:

I would start by having a builder make one of the houses that I built for myself in SL, in RL. On my RL private island. With ban lines (which I don't like in SL but RL doesn't have such easy ban/blacklist abilities).

Probably, I would keep a presence in SL. A dozen regions plus some homestead watery areas say, all nicely landscaped and with facilities for others to enjoy.

And I would have a (RL) kitchen big enough to swing a cat in without her hitting the four walls which she would now, if we still had her (she's been pushing up the dandelions in the garden since last November - nothing to do with being bounced off kitchen walls. Honest.)

And I would still very much be the same me I always have been, just with more ability to actually be me and not have to toe the line in life so much.

• Like 6

25 minutes ago, Rick Nightingale said:

And I would still very much be the same me I always have been, just with more ability to actually be me and not have to toe the line in life so much.

I agree...the best thing millions can buy you is freedom 👍

• Like 5

In RL: I would stop working, make sure my Dad gets the best, unlimited, (medical) care for the rest of his life, get a nice piece of land to make a private dog park for my dogs (they don’t like other dogs….), buy an electric car and a heat-pump for my house.

In SL: getting a few regions. One to live on and some for friends to use as they please.

• Like 5

On 2/20/2024 at 5:23 PM, JUSTUS Palianta said:

It's hard to know because real life would be so busy and fabulous you probably wouldn't have time for SL anymore.

On 2/20/2024 at 5:25 PM, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Same for me. There are a zillion things I'd love to do in life and if I won that kind of money, I'd be off doing all of that.

"Delete my account" is my answer.

People that spend their winnings like this are generally broke inside a couple years. 

Then you'd be back in SL with a RL potentially worse than it is now.

Me, I'd take care of a few bills, buy that new motorcycle I've already been saving for, maybe expand my land holdings in SL, and maybe pick up less hours at work. 

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Paul Hexem said:

People that spend their winnings like this are generally broke inside a couple years. 

Broke or much worse! There's a famous RL crime story about a lottery winner who 'disappeared', I think they found he was buried in concrete under his porch.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Broke or much worse! There's a famous RL crime story about a lottery winner who 'disappeared', I think they found he was buried in concrete under his porch.

Lots of lottery winners wind up involved with bad people, yeah. Or worse, their own families do it to them.

• Sad 3

4 minutes ago, Paul Hexem said:

Spend it like what? I never actually stated what I'd do with the money. And, having known a few someones who won pretty massive lotteries many years ago (one bought a mansion a few towns over that I got to visit), I learned a lot about how to go about handling it (and what NOT to do).

I'm also obsessively frugal to where I've managed to study abroad and travel internationally several times with not at all much in the ole bank account through a combination of low-cost lodging (hostels, making lots of friends, etc.) and budgeting my buns off. If anyone could plan a super budget vacation, it's me. I wouldn't need to go throwing money around unnecessarily to do things like that.

20 minutes ago, Paul Hexem said:

Then you'd be back in SL with a RL potentially worse than it is now.

Nah. Since moving abroad and setting up a business and establishing a new life would be part of the plan, I'd have very limited time for SL - if any. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Spend it like what? I never actually stated what I'd do with the money. And, having known a few someones who won pretty massive lotteries many years ago (one bought a mansion a few towns over that I got to visit), I learned a lot about how to go about handling it (and what NOT to do).

I'm also obsessively frugal to where I've managed to study abroad and travel internationally several times with not at all much in the ole bank account through a combination of low-cost lodging (hostels, making lots of friends, etc.) and budgeting my buns off. If anyone could plan a super budget vacation, it's me. I wouldn't need to go throwing money around unnecessarily to do things like that.

I did say "generally.".

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Paul Hexem said:

I did say "generally.".

Observation:

When we talk in "generalizations", we say "generally". (Refer to: rank of General..)

But when we talk about things relative to life, we don't say "corporally". (Refer to: rank of Corporal..)

Edited by Love Zhaoying
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Paul Hexem said:

I did say "generally.".

Yup, but you quoted me. 😜

Trust me, I know all about those people who run out and buy Bentleys and homes and second homes and third homes and vacation homes and more homes and blow it all in Vegas and all that. That's just not my style. I mostly would use the money to make my relocation plans happen sooner (and make it a helluva lot easier to get residency).

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Observation:

When we talk in "generalizations", we say "generally". (Refer to: rank of General..)

But when we talk about things relative to life, we don't say "corporally". (Refer to: rank of Coporal..

We could say corporeally though.

• Like 1

RL, I'd drop my job down to extreme part-time, basically just the stuff only I know how to do (I'm not indispensable, but I am convenient and my employers are fond of their convenience), and I'd insist on remote.  If they didn't want me to be 98% remote, they could find someone else to run that extremely specialized software.  We'd abandon the current house to the kids (aged 21 and 25) and their respective girlfriends, and move somewhere with a kitchen that's been updated since 1983, a reasonably-sized yard for our Sulcata tortoise to run amok, and a tortoise keeper because Sam is really annoyed when we try to bring him in when it's cold.  Then we'd sock the rest of it away in a trust/ annual distribution type scenario, because stupid is as stupid does, and an obscene amount of readily disposable cash is just asking for it.

We may or may not leave a forwarding address :P

SL, I'd talk to my current landlord about getting a full region for me to take out my landscaping aggression on, and I'd drag my next door neighbors over with me.  It would have to be a 30K region because we all basically eat LI for breakfast.  And then when I filled up that region, I might get one more just for funsies.  Oh, and I'd find a parcel in Bay City to buy or rent, because I've always been interested in that area.  I already rent on the Blake, but I might upsize or purchase there.

I'd also have so much fun providing matching funds for donations and participating in the auctions at Fantasy Faire :D

Edited by Ajay McDowwll
  • Like 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 72 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.