Legacy vs Reborn

Tayt3rChip

1 hour ago, Rowan Amore said:

Just demoed the new Legacy.  More triangles than regular and perky and why in the hell is it still not ONE piece?  Sheesh.

I gave it a try just for the heck of it, the media-based HUD makes me want to throw stuff into the wall. As for the body itself, it's just way too heavy-bosomed for my avies (which is no surprise though). The sliders for the breasts also act kind of weird when dialed down, so for anyone who wants 'moderate' boobage are probably better off with something else.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Re: this collab set - there are problems. I won't go deep into that, though.

I was curious, since the fantasy avatar in my forum pic is loosely inspired by Marilyn, so of COURSE I had to demo.

Unfortunately, everything put together just feels really off.

The thing is, I usually like all of these brands separately and wear some of them regularly. Together, though - it's not working for me.

Also, the separate hands and feet feel really odd, since my male Legacy has everything together (with the new high/ballet/etc. feet available in the pack as addons).

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I'm gonna have to demo it, just b'cause. hehehe

Just FYI, unless my memory is wrong (which is 100% possible, mind you!), the skins will look very different to the ones we tried that one time. The older ones are way better IMO. Also, the issue we had with the confusing naming - still present.

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Just FYI, unless my memory is wrong (which is 100% possible, mind you!), the skins will look very different to the ones we tried that one time. The older ones are way better IMO. Also, the issue we had with the confusing naming - still present.

Now I know what you were meaning.. Those are their skins.. hehehe

I'm not going through that head game again!! \o/

I'll just see how it looks with my skins I already have.. hehehe

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Now I know what you were meaning.. Those are their skins.. hehehe

I'm not going through that head game again!! \o/

I'll just see how it looks with my skins I already have.. hehehe

Yeah, that's the way to go. From what I saw, there's no matching head skin, so you get the stark contrast between the smooth face and heavily textured body, especially around the neck fade, if you try them with the skins included with the head. Demo it and you'll see what I mean.

More noticeable with the darker tones, from what I saw. I didn't look too hard, though. It was just not for me overall.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Yeah, that's the way to go. From what I saw, there's no matching head skin, so you get the stark contrast between the smooth face and heavily textured body, especially around the neck fade, if you try them with the skins included with the head. Demo it and you'll see what I mean.

More noticeable with the darker tones, from what I saw. I didn't look too hard, though. It was just not for me overall.

There sure is a lot of gap above the inner thigh and the crotch region.. That seemed really unnatural. Enough to hold a Sunday morning news paper and not wrinkle a page.. hehehe

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

There sure is a lot of gap above the inner thigh and the crotch region.. That seemed really unnatural. Enough to hold a Sunday morning news paper and not wrinkle a page.. hehehe

I noticed that, too.  It's just an odd body.  Even using my old shape from the Legacy body just didn't work at all which I thought was strange.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

I noticed that, too.  It's just an odd body.  Even using my old shape from the Legacy body just didn't work at all which I thought was strange.

When I first noticed it, I thought there was some strange clipping or something going on there.. For me it looked like my V was sitting sideways rather than centered. When I say V I just mean the one on my skin..

that whole area feels very cartoony, which some may like.. But after seeing my shape and all their shapes and it still being there.. That was my biggest turn off that had me finished demoing the body..

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Ceka Cianci said:

You're noticing a lot more than I did. I didn't even see that, lol. I demoed the included shapes, took a quick look at the skin, and took a quick peek at the face. Considered playing with the sliders and current skins I own, said nah, and put my original avatar back on.

It'd take a really, really natural-looking body (in any shape - I'll take anything at this point) to make me switch to something new. I'm not loving the trend of exaggerated shapes that keep showing up all over the place.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

Just demoed the new Legacy.  More triangles than regular and perky and why in the hell is it still not ONE piece?  Sheesh.

Yeah.

Given the other recent forum topic about not enough attachment points, if a store refuses to give us Mod, they should at least do all the linking for us in advance. Ideally they'd do both so their scripts are intact.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Orwar said:

The sliders for the breasts also act kind of weird when dialed down, so for anyone who wants 'moderate' boobage are probably better off with something else.

It's gets as large as reBorn Waifu, but didn't have as nice of a shape.

It's long been an issue that breast size dials down poorly for most bodies that can look good dialed higher (and vice versa: a body made to look good small breaks on high), with a few exceptions like Belleza Freya. Thus probably why some brands have made attachments for smaller sizes.

Edited by UnilWay SpiritWeaver
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Ceka Cianci said:

When I first noticed it, I thought there was some strange clipping or something going on there.. For me it looked like my V was sitting sideways rather than centered. When I say V I just mean the one on my skin..

I saw that too. I just assumed it was because the shape I started with was my reBorn one where I have some dials set to their extreme ends. But going for mid dials only partly resolved it.

It seems to fit legacy items right? So shouldn't this part of the body be the same as on legacy. If it's not that's curious.

I used to be a big legacy body fan, It's a really beautiful body and loved how it was shaped with the exception of the thigh gap and that it didn't do a chubbier body type as well as I wished. But what made me switch over to reborn was because legacy uses a web-based hud but also a overly complicated hud + the material/layer hud, it is no mod and has a higher complexity, rather than making the body mod and creating addons they are creating more bodies with minimal changes to shake all your coins out of your pockets, they are not easily giving permission to other creators to create addons for the body,  the stores past shady behaviour and another reason why I hate the web-based hud, there is nothing stopping them from yoinking your coins and shutting down the hud, they are not really listening or interacting well with their customers, who wants a non-web-based hud among other things, with that in the back of my mind and seeing how Reborn was just better in many ways I decided to switch over.

Reborn is mod, it has addons and a lot of third-party addons that gives customers a lot of possibility, that also doesn't need a separate material applier to match the body, it gets a lot of updates compared to other stores who are dormant compared, which shows that they are indeed listening to their customers. Getting the devkit itself is so easy if you already have a marketplace or a little store and intend to sell content, never in my life did I think I would get one, but I sure as heck did even with the lack of blender knowledge or mesh products, which is so motivating if you are trying to learn blender and want to create content, being allowed a devkit gives you that possibility. 

The body itself isn't perfect, there are parts of it that I find odd looking, such as the hands, feet and knees, and the butt being big even at the smallest, but with body deformers I can solve most of my visual issues that I have with it, with the right deformer like for example the Warm - Full Body Deformers HUD that I use, requires just one attachment slot after setting it up the way I want, which solved most of my issues, such as the knees and butt, if someone made a modify deformer you could even link it with your body so it doesn't take a extra slot. 

Basically I find the body very flexible and I find that it gives you a whole lot more potential and room for creativity, I do understand that it might not work for everyone, especially people who prefer a more petite body type or a body with less of a butt, but I do find that the body can give you a petite body type with a slight chubby twist if you decide to play more with the body and deformers, but again I understand that it isn't for everyone, I just really feel salty that legacy is going around what people actually want instead of meeting in the middle with the customers, I think most people don't want to pay full price for the same body that has a bigger chest as the only difference, which would of costed less if the body was mod and that the chest was a addon they could plop on. I also just feel bad for customers who are getting stepped on, even after staying and supporting the body that they love, hoping that it will get better, that they will get listened to or that they will give other creators more room for creativity with their body.

Anyways I really love reborn even with its few flaws, their juicy rolls and boobs are having me at chokehold, maybe I'm biased. 

Edited by PixelBerry
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I got it, because bodies and heads are like Pokemon to me.  I noticed that the dead lowest you could put the chest sliders before things started to seriously deform was 45, and things were way more happy at 50, which is where they are in this picture.

They're kind of awkwardly shaped in the northern "hemisphere" of the breast; the top is very rounded, as if the wearer is floating in space and gravity is not a thing.  No one with a chest that large has that level of weird perkiness; my typist is not under-endowed and... no.  This is not a shape that ever happens in nature.  This is a shape that requires mass quantities of silicone.  Also, the rounding is to the point where the nipples almost point down, which is kind of disconcerting as well.

All that said, I do like that there's a heavier-chested body out there with less emphasis on the bottom half of the body.

Legacy Bombshell.png

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Ajay McDowwll said:

They're kind of awkwardly shaped in the northern "hemisphere" of the breast; the top is very rounded, as if the wearer is floating in space and gravity is not a thing.

Well, they're obviously designed for the good old self-inflicted blackeye physics types! 

• Haha 1

On 3/3/2024 at 10:57 AM, Ceka Cianci said:

I messed around a little bit with the Erika body about a year or so ago, just making a Flo Jo look.. I didn't really do too much to it other than shape it and find an outfit for running and then the hair..

If I would have put a little more effort into really finding a more tone skin and  other things for it.. it would have  turned out pretty good..

But just in the gluts and legs and arms it has a good foundation to work from.. plus it comes with all it's own addons and deformers built into it's hud..

It doesn't have as much clothing as the top bodies, But things are still made for it and you can find things for it.. just not as easily..

I might just mess with it some more next weekend and see what more I can get out of it.. But I always thought it had the best foundation over the other bodies.. Reborn just kind of stole it's thunder coming out  a little after it did.. those damn body addons is what did it.. hehehe

52546091596_eae22d29ed_k.jpg

52602251766_23ecfb54aa_k.jpg

This reminds me that I forgot I morphed myself the other day.

53576395887_c115d0e666_c.jpg

53577575269_83a051f713_k.jpg

53577478668_ba64c9cec3_k.jpg

ETA: oh, right - that's Reborn + Waifu + arm and leg add-ons I got at the skin fair.

Edited by PJBear Bitey
  • Like 1