Legacy vs Reborn

Tayt3rChip

3 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

When it's all said and done, those top three, maybe four with Lara X moving up, bodies will still more than likely still be in the top three to four of womens bodies. Maitreya Lara, Reborn, Legacy classic Female, Maitreya Lara X.

It'll be interesting to see what happens with the Legacy Classic Female and the Lara X when those two are right there with each other.. Not that it's really gonna matter too much, because if you're in that top 3 to 5, you're having content made for the bodies.

3 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

That's good to know, because I have the perky but never really tried it that much and didn't know it came with Petite.

[snip]

I'm really getting into the Petite bodies and  love how things just seem to fit better and in my opinion, look much better and more natural..

In the top mesh bodies we now have Reborn at the top for curvy.

Maitreya and Legacy are at the top for Mid-shape bodies.

What are the top bodies for slim or athletic shapes? It seems to me that this is a niche that hasn't been filled with a top body yet.

I think Erika might be the best for a Trans body, though Maitreya Flat fills part of that niche too.

I like the slightly curvy shape I can get with Erika, but it lacks clothing support. I like Freya and LaraX best for this shape. I don't love GenX Classic enough to buy new clothes for that body. Reborn lost me because I don't like the hands on it.

• Like 1

On 2/28/2024 at 9:53 AM, Lucia Nightfire said:

Legacy has a few test users floating around wearing a new "Pinup x Bombshell" body which was uploaded Feb 18, 2024.

IDK what kind of shape it has, though.

Maybe it will compete with Reborn. Maybe it will compete with Lara X.

One thing that is almost guaranteed, though, is that it will be released as no-mod. 😆

Legacy Bombshell is live. It looks like Reborn, but with Legacy limbs. It can allegedly fit Legacy normal pants, so I'm guessing it will be more a boobs girl than a butt girl, though.

Bombshell collab

Nobody asked for this.

Edited by Blaise Glendevon
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Blaise Glendevon said:

Legacy Bombshell is live. It looks like Reborn, but with Legacy limbs. It can allegedly fit Legacy normal pants, so I'm guessing it will be more a boobs girl than a butt girl, though.

Bombshell collab

Nobody asked for this.

They would have been smarter by letting 3rd parties make add-ons like Waifu if it's just about the boobies.  

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, Blaise Glendevon said:

Bombshell collab

Nobody asked for this.

Actually I would have and have asked for a "boob" body loudly in the past that wasn't all butt..  If this had been out  before Christmas I would have tried it.   I finally went Reborn though and tamed it to my satisfaction with deformers.. added on Waifu and I'm really happy with the final look . It's also not glitchy with animations and has great clothing support.. so yeah, sticking to Reborn for the foreseeable future.

If this new body is no-mod there is no reason to look at it for me.. but will be interesting to see what type of support it gets.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Chery Amore said:

I finally went Reborn though and tamed it to my satisfaction with deformers.

What deformers are you using? I'm pretty content with a combination of Legacy Perky & Maitreya Petite, but I've never met a bandwagon I didn't want to jump on. LOL.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Blaise Glendevon said:

What deformers are you using? I'm pretty content with a combination of Legacy Perky & Maitreya Petite, but I've never met a bandwagon I didn't want to jump on. LOL.

Pretty Liars Flat A** level 3 takes it down quite a bit... then again you don't want to see the horror show I become without the mesh body on it's like a potato on stick legs..

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Chery Amore said:

Pretty Liars Flat A** level 3 takes it down quite a bit... then again you don't want to see the horror show I become without the mesh body on it's like a potato on stick legs..

So, it's the butt version of my nose. I like a prominent nose, so when I take my head off, I kind of look like that nose prosthetic Bradley Cooper wore. . .

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

53 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

They would have been smarter by letting 3rd parties make add-ons like Waifu if it's just about the boobies.  

Can't charge you L$5K for that though!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I'll demo later, because why not, but I really don't think this body will get too popular. I still remember PR campaign with original Legacy release, when bloggers and creators "been talking about it" for weeks prior to release, all the previews and saying what an ultimate body it is. This one was kind of just released, missed skin fair, too. With zero previews and (totally unbiased, of course /s ) reviews. Lelutka and Stealthic collaboration is a good way to get the word going, though, but I'm not sure it's enough.

And while I'll demo it when I'll have time for it, I already know that I'm very unlikely to buy it and not even because "Legacy bad" or "but muh complexity" kind of stuff, I was pretty happy with Legacy from 2020 to 2023. But simply because it's only a half of a new body if waist and below fits original Legacy clothing. I also use deformers on Reborn and pretty happy with the result, so why would I really go back to "almost Legacy, but with built-in waifus-like addon"?

Similar(ish) deal as with LaraX, although that one I just don't find visually appealing the slighest as it's really just rehashed Lara with long overdue fixes to the most problematic areas (at the cost of nearly entire wardrobe it had). Give me a new body, made from the scratch, that is good looking (subjective, of course), and looks like worth trying/wearing to see if it'll get enough support so it could become my "main body". Well, unless it's Belleza, in this case they can keep their new bodies too. Those reworks/rehashes/half of new bodies really don't appeal to me at all.

2 hours ago, Blaise Glendevon said:

I'm guessing it will be more a boobs girl than a butt girl, though.

Nobody asked for this.

Bombshell collab

Really?

That's literally been about half my posts in here for the last few years.

A body that is big up top without being excessive below is a common ask that none of the major suppliers have been willing to do. reBorn is "almost" there but getting the bottom down to normal takes extreme dials.

Asking for this = my thing.

Will have to see if it meets the demand I've been seeking. I know legacy is no mod though so that will probably be an issue.

I've been asking for a body like this so much I'm a bit of a broken record and I suspect some people are just "polite" with me and roll their eyes at this point and assume I'm some "internet weirdo" (I probably am, but that's a different topic). ;)

Edited by UnilWay SpiritWeaver
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, Rowan Amore said:

I don't know. before Waifu there was Mounds which never took off.

There is also Proud Girls for Maitreya which never took off. And 'Fat Tids' for Belleza Freya which also never took off.

Mounds almost took off because unlike Proud Girls and Fat Tids it kept working with and in fact still works with current reBorn... but even there it was a matter of only days before the inhouse addon Waifu was easier to find things for than Mounds.

People feel more comfortable when the addon is inhouse, or a major brand (obviously the 'maze' thighs is a major exception to this - probably because they have rapidly supported so many different bodies).

1 hour ago, UnilWay SpiritWeaver said:

Hey don't body shame the mesh free look. :)

Screenshot2024-03-15150236.thumb.png.928cb972ea9d4c358ee954000c48d506.pngScreenshot2024-03-15150225.thumb.png.40b9170093d3817356675a29be8132cd.png

I'm fabulous. :P

It was your post about how to deform it that made me get the reborn body! So thanks....   I'm still averting my eyes though *shudders*

Edited by Chery Amore

After the gen.x launch, it is nice to see a body launch on sale. I grabbed a demo of the bombshell legacy and it does look like the body outside of the bosom is pretty thin. I noticed it already works with 'Phat P' for legacy.

Because it's half off I'll pick an alt and grab copy at some point before the sale ends.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, UnilWay SpiritWeaver said:

After the gen.x launch, it is nice to see a body launch on sale. I grabbed a demo of the bombshell legacy and it does look like the body outside of the bosom is pretty thin. I noticed it already works with 'Phat P' for legacy.

Because it's half off I'll pick an alt and grab copy at some point before the sale ends.

The vendor ad said that Legacy pants fit, and after a little testing, a friend said that the demo version seems to fit tops rigged for Reborn+Waifu. Hopefully that will be useful information!

• Like 1

Demo-ed it now. It does look very "off" in my opinion. I've used the shape I had for Legacy and it's just "wrong" proportions. To balance out heavy top I had to add quite a bit on the bottom, and it pretty much became slightly odd looking Reborn+waifus at that point.

Yep, it's Legacy Perky all over again, because why make a good system with seamless body mods and materials sync like Reborn did it (or even Maitreya with their initial petite/flat chests), when you can sell what is essentially a body mod priced as a whole body.

Edited by steeljane42
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, steeljane42 said:

Yep, it's Legacy Perky all over again, because why make a good system with seamless body mods and materials sync like Reborn did it (or even Maitreya with their initial petite/flat chests), when you can sell what is essentially a body mod priced as a whole body.

Yeah. It does seem that way. For someone like me who never bought legacy it's not a bad choice. But for a legacy user they are being asked to rebuy their body when they should just be asked to buy a mod kit.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

There's gallery on their site with much more, but not too much new stuff from what I've seen. Most are updates. And I've only noticed two exclusives on the list, although I did scroll through quite fast.

And the issue that is present on their 1.6 bodies with finger/toenails is also a thing on this one (well, duh, it's the same body really). Only way to restore the nails after hiding hands/feet via HUD is via chat commands. It's a "known issue" since June. They had time to mesh up a new "addon", but absolutely ignored this.

14 minutes ago, steeljane42 said:

There's gallery on their site with much more, but not too much new stuff from what I've seen. Most are updates. And I've only noticed two exclusives on the list, although I did scroll through quite fast.

And the issue that is present on their 1.6 bodies with finger/toenails is also a thing on this one (well, duh, it's the same body really). Only way to restore the nails after hiding hands/feet via HUD is via chat commands. It's a "known issue" since June. They had time to mesh up a new "addon", but absolutely ignored this.

I only wore Legacy for about a year and have no intention of buying an entirely new body as I'm quite happy with Reborn.  If I were to switch, I would use the new LaraX as the only real issues I ever had with that body were the arms and shoulder blades.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

I only wore Legacy for about a year and have no intention of buying an entirely new body as I'm quite happy with Reborn.  If I were to switch, I would use the new LaraX as the only real issues I ever had with that body were the arms and shoulder blades.

I'm also happy with Reborn ever since I've swapped to it. Actually not sure what body I'd have to see to actually switch to it. It's certainly not this "new" Legacy waifus edition, nor the LaraX for me as I just don't find it visually appealing.

Perhaps a new body by Maitreya or Ebody whenever they would want to make one, actually new body and not the rework/update of existing ones. But because their existing bodies are so popular I can see why they wouldn't really bother to make anything new. And there's no competition around at all, because Belleza being Belleza, and TMP being TMP.

P. S.

Friend wanted to go grab a demo to check it herself, their mainstore's region now enabled key experience which has to be accepted to even enter, and likely thanks to that it's nearly empty now. TMP REALLY being TMP. At least demo is available around other places like Stealthic's, but yeah, they never learn, do they...

Edited by steeljane42
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, steeljane42 said:

I'll demo later, because why not, but I really don't think this body will get too popular. I still remember PR campaign with original Legacy release, when bloggers and creators "been talking about it" for weeks prior to release, all the previews and saying what an ultimate body it is. This one was kind of just released, missed skin fair, too. With zero previews and (totally unbiased, of course /s ) reviews. Lelutka and Stealthic collaboration is a good way to get the word going, though, but I'm not sure it's enough. 

3 hours ago, Lysistrata Szapira said:

Big difference though. Legacy isn't handing out ANYTHING for free.  

A couple stores are sponsoring give-aways for the new body. Carol's Store is one of them. Stealthic might be the other one?

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Like 1