Legacy vs Reborn

Tayt3rChip

15 minutes ago, PJBear Bitey said:

This reminds me that I forgot I morphed myself the other day.

53576395887_c115d0e666_c.jpg

53577575269_83a051f713_k.jpg

53577478668_ba64c9cec3_k.jpg

ETA: oh, right - that's Reborn + Waifu + arm and leg add-ons I got at the skin fair.

I got the thigh ones for reborn a little while back. I was gonna see if they had more things at the time, but I think Lara X came out and distracted me from finishing looking.. hehehe

Your pictures look really good.. :)

• Thanks 1

On 3/10/2024 at 11:58 AM, Ceka Cianci said:

That's good to know, because I have the perky but never really tried it that much and didn't know it came with Petite..

I've been wanting to toy with my Legacy bodies recently, but got tied up with the skin fair and spending way more than I intended too.. hehehe So probably next weekend.

I'm really getting into the Petite bodies and  love how things just seem to fit better and in my opinion, look much better and more natural..

Yeah, I just wish people would stop treating petite bodies as if it was some sort of disease.

I hope it gets more accepted, the norm is thicc bodies beause it's the safest body type.

• Confused 5

On 3/15/2024 at 3:30 PM, Blaise Glendevon said:

Legacy Bombshell is live. It looks like Reborn, but with Legacy limbs. It can allegedly fit Legacy normal pants, so I'm guessing it will be more a boobs girl than a butt girl, though.

Bombshell collab

Nobody asked for this.

No one asked for Reborn, Maitreya, Slink, Belleza or anything else mesh, either, but we still got it.

People think creators make for them, but they make stuff because they want to, not because they have to.

There are several people who love the body, if one doesn't love it there is still Maitreya, Reborn.

I don't see the need to complain about any body out there because it doesn't do anything, I'm just greatful they do create for a game that doesn't try to appreciate anything a creator does and still keep on going.

I love Reborn, Legacy, myself, after learning a bit of making mesh, I understand how hard and tough it is to create and after creating something for a few friends, i understand how hard it is to rig and appreciate every single piece of mesh that comes out

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, Starberry Passion said:

I hope it gets more accepted, the norm is thicc bodies beause it's the safest body type.

Do you mean because more people seem to prefer the thicc shape? I'm just wondering what you mean by this.

Edited by Shiloh Lyric

On 3/21/2024 at 10:55 AM, Shiloh Lyric said:

Do you mean because more people seem to prefer the thicc shape? I'm just wondering what you mean by this.

I'm a legacy petite, a few days ago someone messaged me calling me a child because I didn't have double Zs and didn't have a BBL, because I wasn't thicc. If you make a thicc shape, you're safer from this, unless you are short. You are still more safe, but less safe if you are short. People are still paranoid, somewhat, if a linden see you with someone skinny and or short, then you'll be banned. Which I understand. That's what I mean.

I know that bit of info, because I asked them what made me a child to them, that is what they said.

Edited by Starberry Passion
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Starberry Passion said:

I'm a legacy petite, a few days ago someone messaged me calling me a child because I didn't have double Zs and didn't have a BBL, because I wasn't thicc. If you make a thicc shape, you're safer from this, unless you are short. You are still more safe, but less safe if you are short. People are still paranoid, somewhat, if a linden see you with someone skinny and or short, then you'll be banned. Which I understand. That's what I mean.

I know that bit of info, because I asked them what made me a child to them, that is what they said.

The less you listen to what random people have to say about it the better. There always will be someone who will have something like this to say about your avarar. Thick/thin, face traits, hairstyle, hair color etc. There are still those giant 2.5m tall classic avatars around, and compared to them anyone is a child. I suggest you utilize the block/mute button on such "suggestions" instead of wasting your time on them.

Nothing new either. Places owners also can (and sometimes will) kick you for any reasons they can think of. But it's not a reason to say how people "treat petite bodies as a disease".

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, steeljane42 said:

The less you listen to what random people have to say about it the better. There always will be someone who will have something like this to say about your avarar. Thick/thin, face traits, hairstyle, hair color etc. There are still those giant 2.5m tall classic avatars around, and compared to them anyone is a child. I suggest you utilize the block/mute button on such "suggestions" instead of wasting your time on them.

Nothing new either. Places owners also can (and sometimes will) kick you for any reasons they can think of. But it's not a reason to say how people "treat petite bodies as a disease".

I never said people treated anything like a disease, I said that thiccer is safer.

38 minutes ago, Starberry Passion said:

I never said people treated anything like a disease, I said that thiccer is safer.

On 3/21/2024 at 1:12 AM, Starberry Passion said:

Yeah, I just wish people would stop treating petite bodies as if it was some sort of disease.

• Thanks 2

42 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:
1 hour ago, Starberry Passion said:

Funny, how quotes work like that!

• Like 1

On 3/21/2024 at 10:55 AM, Shiloh Lyric said:

Maybe with the extra cushion, it is safer because you are less likely to break something if you fall down? 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Do either Legacy or Reborn have male bodies?

Legacy's had male bodies forever. Like Jake, it has a ton of clothing and accessory support.

Legacy Athletic has less of its own clothing support than the regular Legacy Male version, but it should, in theory, fit most Legacy M stuff. Always demo to be 100% sure.

https://www.meshbody.com/legacy

image.thumb.png.b1e62f1d34ee560c4231e0a1b746297f.png

image.thumb.png.89e0109104c29bc85398632c602f7c79.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Legacy's had male bodies forever. Like Jake, it has a ton of clothing and accessory support.

Legacy Athletic has less of its own clothing support than the regular Legacy Male version, but it should, in theory, fit most Legacy M stuff. Always demo to be 100% sure.

https://www.meshbody.com/legacy

image.thumb.png.b1e62f1d34ee560c4231e0a1b746297f.png

image.thumb.png.89e0109104c29bc85398632c602f7c79.png

I wonder if there's good support for skins  that work with EvoX heads?

14 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I wonder if there's good support for skins  that work with EvoX heads?

Head skins and body skins are sold separately in most cases, outside of a few cases and the fantasy/furry/specialty markets. Generally, you don't need to worry about EvoX at all when buying a body. 

All major skin stores - Velour, Not Found, Stray Dog, Vendetta, Clef de Peau, Gloom, etc. sell body skins for Legacy M. Skin stores that don't sell their own body skins and only sell the head (Unholy, Ives, Moccino Beaute, metaHumano, etc.) usually match their head skins to Not Found or Velour body skins, typically. The notecard in the head skin demo will tell you where to get the match from.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Head skins and body skins are sold separately in most cases, outside of a few cases and the fantasy/furry/specialty markets. Generally, you don't need to worry about EvoX at all when buying a body. 

All major skin stores - Velour, Not Found, Stray Dog, Vendetta, Clef de Peau, Gloom, etc. sell body skins for Legacy M. Skin stores that don't sell their own body skins and only sell the head (Unholy, Ives, Moccino Beaute, metaHumano, etc.) usually match their head skins to Not Found or Velour body skins, typically. The notecard in the head skin demo will tell you where to get the match from.

When I switched to EvoX just recently, I found matching skins pretty easily; the body skin my head skin creator matched to was Velour.

ETA: I just didn't know if it was the same with Legacy as with my Jake. 👍🏾

Edited by Love Zhaoying
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

When I switched to EvoX just recently, I found matching skins pretty easily; the body skin my head skin creator matched to was Velour.

ETA: I just didn't know if it was the same with Legacy as with my Jake. 👍🏾

Very same.

• Thanks 1

For anyone on the fence, Reborn is 25% off as part of the spring sale.

As an aside, I wish body creators would post how they created the shape in the ad. Bloggers I get not sharing, but if this shape was one of the default shapes I'd likely get it. Or is it? My initial forays into the demo didn't yield the same results.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/133873458@N04/53615532175/in/pool-14755488@N25/

Edited by Zallia Creeley

1 minute ago, Zallia Creeley said:

As an aside, I wish body creators would post how they created the shape in the ad. Bloggers I get not sharing, but if this shape was one of the default shapes I'd likely get it. Or is it? My initial forays into the demo didn't yield the same results.

Can't see link if you don't have a flickr account and signed in, and also the ads or blog posts are likely heavily edited. I bought this body some time ago and I can't get it how I want it even using a ton of deformers, so it just sits in my inventory now. It's a great body don't get me wrong but too much junk in the trunk for me . lol

2 minutes ago, Modulated said:

Can't see link if you don't have a flickr account and signed in, and also the ads or blog posts are likely heavily edited. I bought this body some time ago and I can't get it how I want it even using a ton of deformers, so it just sits in my inventory now. It's a great body don't get me wrong but too much junk in the trunk for me . lol

I was going to embed the image, but it shows a fair amount of bum bum.

It is a good body, and I am also cognizant that I may be making a change for the sake of making a change, which isn't a good reason.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Zallia Creeley said:

I was going to embed the image, but it shows a fair amount of bum bum.

It is a good body, and I am also cognizant that I may be making a change for the sake of making a change, which isn't a good reason.

It'd be nice if they had given their original body the same treatment as the Reborn with new hud and functions, that body was not bad at all, but the hud left a lot to be desired. I think it could do well if they remixed it and released it as a thinner Reborn, but I know that won't happen.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Zallia Creeley said:

Often body creators use bloggers to take those pictures. That being said that looks like the body with waifus and the small butt deformer that comes with the body. The pic also looks a little zhushed up  in photoshop. But that look is definitely doable.

5 minutes ago, Janet Voxel said:

That being said that looks like the body with waifus and the small butt deformer that comes with the body. The pic also looks a little zhushed up  in photoshop. But that look is definitely doable.

Thanks.

I messed around with the demo some more, and it does look like "Shape 3" is close to this one.

The challenge if I switch is going to be shoes. I don't have a lot of Reborn shoes currently.