Legacy vs Reborn

Tayt3rChip

23 minutes ago, Zallia Creeley said:

Thanks.

I messed around with the demo some more, and it does look like "Shape 3" is close to this one.

The challenge if I switch is going to be shoes. I don't have a lot of Reborn shoes currently.

There are always tons of shoes in the weekend sales and most come with Reborn sizes.

I've worn both bodies, Legacy Classic and now Reborn, and while I like Legacy, I prefer Reborn.  It is a much simpler body and hud. I prefer a slimmer shape and was able to find deformers that helped reduce the large behind.  I am wearing the rvn - my body reflection - reborn version deformers (middle body form - v4 and butt form - v6 linked together as one attachment) and the eBODY - REBORN Deformer - Nadu knee fix.  I don't use any other Reborn attachments like the waifus as I prefer a smaller chest.  I really like this body because it can be slim with just a bit of curve to it.  I recommend Reborn if you like a slightly curvy slim shape.

image.png.4ce9b769e2d8e8138ffdb469c8356afc.png

image.png.336a1c343dfe7200936f0b99106f5900.png

image.png.fc2bfc188f75271ccd7d139c48c61272.png

image.png.1bb241437f3e27d134fccda9753788c7.png

• Like 5

My two-cents for whatever it's worth.  Legacy is kind of an irksome thing for me because Legacy sells whole bodies when the only thing that really changes is the front upper chest. With Maitreya or Reborn if you want bigger boobs it's like a $600L +/- addon from them or a 3rd party.  With Legacy it's another $5000L body.

A good example of this is Legacy Perky. The bodies are interchangeable except for the front chest section (attachment). So why does Perky cost $5000L when LaraX Petite is pretty much the same for much less? And, Lara and Reborn don't "phone home" every time you attach the HUD.  (Where is home anyway, and what happens to your data?)

With Reborn, if you want to be a little more Rubenesque, and who isn't if you live in the US, you can buy their Juicy Rolls addon for ~$600L more or less.  The same is true for their Waifu breasts.  It's just a much cheaper option.  But all of that said, I really do like Legacy bods. I just hate the money grab aspect, and the need for data collection(?)

I own them all, Maitreya & Petite +X, Legacy & Perky/Petite and Reborn /w Juicy, Rolls and Waifu not to mention a couple of lesser others, and I mostly wear Legacy or Reborn, although LaraX is a great value once more clothing creators add it to their body venue.

Always buy what you prefer, but let's not encourage SL profiteering. Shopping is expensive enough as it is.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, UvulaSashimi said:

My two-cents for whatever it's worth.  Legacy is kind of an irksome thing for me because Legacy sells whole bodies when the only thing that really changes is the front upper chest. With Maitreya or Reborn if you want bigger boobs it's like a $600L +/- addon from them or a 3rd party.  With Legacy it's another $5000L body.

A good example of this is Legacy Perky. The bodies are interchangeable except for the front chest section (attachment). So why does Perky cost $5000L when LaraX Petite is pretty much the same for much less? And, Lara and Reborn don't "phone home" every time you attach the HUD.  (Where is home anyway, and what happens to your data?)

With Reborn, if you want to be a little more Rubenesque, and who isn't if you live in the US, you can buy their Juicy Rolls addon for ~$600L more or less.  The same is true for their Waifu breasts.  It's just a much cheaper option.  But all of that said, I really do like Legacy bods. I just hate the money grab aspect, and the need for data collection(?)

I own them all, Maitreya & Petite +X, Legacy & Perky/Petite and Reborn /w Juicy, Rolls and Waifu not to mention a couple of lesser others, and I mostly wear Legacy or Reborn, although LaraX is a great value once more clothing creators add it to their body venue.

Always buy what you prefer, but let's not encourage SL profiteering. Shopping is expensive enough as it is.

It's just like RL, vote with your wallet. I don't spend my money with them since their first body, and its for a reason.  Fool me once and all that.... Creators can charge what they want , obviously, but we are under no obligation to buy it- and I won't .

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Modulated said:

It's just like RL, vote with your wallet. I don't spend my money with them since their first body, and its for a reason.  Fool me once and all that.... Creators can charge what they want , obviously, but we are under no obligation to buy it- and I won't .

Ich bin eine TMP owner 😞

20 hours ago, UvulaSashimi said:

I ended up purchasing the Legacy Pinup/Bombshell body, even though I have Reborn and the Waifu's. The reason? I take a lot of photos...it's my only real creative outlet in SL since I don't make anything. And, no matter how hard I try, I can't past the Reborn hands and fingers. Who in the world has fingers that long and that completely straight with no shape to them? I have yet to see a body with great fingers/hands (mainly because we can't adjust finger 'bones' in the shape editor, but just hands overall), but Reborn's just look downright weird to me. I wear it sometimes, but now that Legacy has the big boobs, it's worth it...to me and in my opinion...to spend my lindens on it, especially at half-price. I'll get my money's worth in photos, already took one I was thrilled with and looking forward to many more. But that's just me.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Shiloh Lyric said:

I ended up purchasing the Legacy Pinup/Bombshell body, even though I have Reborn and the Waifu's. The reason? I take a lot of photos...it's my only real creative outlet in SL since I don't make anything. And, no matter how hard I try, I can't past the Reborn hands and fingers. Who in the world has fingers that long and that completely straight with no shape to them? I have yet to see a body with great fingers/hands (mainly because we can't adjust finger 'bones' in the shape editor, but just hands overall), but Reborn's just look downright weird to me. I wear it sometimes, but now that Legacy has the big boobs, it's worth it...to me and in my opinion...to spend my lindens on it, especially at half-price. I'll get my money's worth in photos, already took one I was thrilled with and looking forward to many more. But that's just me.

I'm not fond of either Legacy or Reborn. We all have our own preferences. The problems with Legacy for me are the high price, the high render cost, the thigh gap, and the server-based HUD. The problems with Reborn for me are its big butt and hands. I have small hands in RL, so I don't want an avatar with huge hands in SL.

I'm glad other people have these mesh body options though. I wouldn't want us to all look the same in SL.

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Persephone Emerald said:

I'm not fond of either Legacy or Reborn. We all have our own preferences. The problems with Legacy for me are the high price, the high render cost, the thigh gap, and the server-based HUD. The problems with Reborn for me are its big butt and hands. I have small hands in RL, so I don't want an avatar with huge hands in SL.

I'm glad other people have these mesh body options though. I wouldn't want us to all look the same in SL.

Oh, definitely. I do like the way Reborn shapes, and can live with the bum. I just do a lot of photos with props and holdables, and find Legacy better for those. (Maybe someone will bring out a 'morph' body like Genus has done with their head. Interchangeable parts which all work together...if someone wants long delicate fingers, they're available. If someone prefers small stubby fingers, there's an option. Someone wants really muscular calves, but not a muscular upper body? You can have that! I can dream, anyway. 😊)

I do love seeing all of the great looks everyone puts together with different bodies/heads/skins. So many interesting, gorgeous and unique looks, so I definitely agree.  😁

Edited by Shiloh Lyric
typo
  • Like 1