Treehouses

Luna Bliss

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 109 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Moles

Hey... some of you may have noticed controllers not working on your Fantasy parcel. If this happens the best thing to do is what you always do... touch and hold the controller for  4 or 5 seconds and let go. That will reset the controller and it should function normally again. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 6

Gave up my Sakura home. It was nice but not 'vital'.

Rolled the dice twice, got one with an open path to the river on the second roll.

Screenshot2023-10-26170847.thumb.png.413d0ea6703149436b9fca7ca14b763e.png

The tree was already there some somebody'd already been here today and decided a sailable path to the ocean was not important. Sure... it lets out on the south side of the ocean so I have to sail around the continent to get anywhere because "reasons". But this will do until and unless I take this alt to Premium Plus to get a better sailing path in and out.

• Like 9

50 minutes ago, Nae Mayo said:

I don't understand why Fantasy LH is so unpopular.

I also have wondered about the more generalized form of this question… why do so many in SL prefer conventional human dwellings and luxury items. Maybe the fantasy is to have regular real life stuff, but more high end than they actually have in real life.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Nae Mayo said:

I don't understand why Fantasy LH is so unpopular. If you were take a walk around the neighborhood at night, you will notice they are so beautiful. 

When the first set of Linden Homes became available way long ago, the fantasy homes actually went pretty quickly at first. For some reason though, it didn't stick and folks ultimately gravitated more towards the other styles or away from Linden Homes in general.  Even these fantasy homes seemed fairly popular when they first came out, but not so much after a while.  Couldn't explain it then and can't explain it now.

• Like 2

• Moles
5 hours ago, UnilWay SpiritWeaver said:

Gave up my Sakura home. It was nice but not 'vital'.

Rolled the dice twice, got one with an open path to the river on the second roll.

Screenshot2023-10-26170847.thumb.png.413d0ea6703149436b9fca7ca14b763e.png

The tree was already there some somebody'd already been here today and decided a sailable path to the ocean was not important. Sure... it lets out on the south side of the ocean so I have to sail around the continent to get anywhere because "reasons". But this will do until and unless I take this alt to Premium Plus to get a better sailing path in and out.

When were doing our post-release checks on random regions we looked for unowned parcels on which to test the rezzers, and deliberately left tree houses there when we'd finished. Maybe it was one of those. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

2 hours ago, Nae Mayo said:

I don't understand why Fantasy LH is so unpopular. If you were take a walk around the neighborhood at night, you will notice they are so beautiful. 

There was a pretty good thread about this.  

24 minutes ago, AzureWaves said:

they're so dark. if they were happier colors i would be so on board.

Wait a few days, and treehouse shells will be available.  But they probably will not have the bioluminescent tree shadow falling across the exterior walls ... it looked to me like the treehouses are seasonal.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I am happy to see that LL can do things like this. 😃

Tree houses have been mentioned so often, and people has been vocal about that there is only one style of Fantasy - Elven large houses.

So this is a case where LL actually listen. I am sure it helped that the Fantasy theme regions has so many empty houses. It is always a waste of money to run unpopulated regions.

3 hours ago, Nae Mayo said:

The first theme way back before Bellisseria, had a Hobbit house, a Wizard tower and two other options. It was more variety. The tree houses is a step in the right direction. To fill up the Fantasy regions 100%, as popular as Victorians, will never happen, unless LL throw in some more options like small thatched cottages, tower ruins and hobbit houses.

It is also a very specific beauty, where Hobbits might like a more English countryside feeling. LL went all out with the new enviroment, and created an etheral beauty that is so special that people will visit and admire it, but not live there.

But I am positive that the Fantasy regions will see an increase now, maybe to 80% when the Treehouses are the new house to try out. On the downside, it is already said in the thread that people do not upgrade alts... they leave another theme of Premium houses to get a Treehouse. So the increase in Fantasy will come to the cost of abandoned homes in other themes.

I suspect that BonnieBots got booted from Bellisseria, because LL did not want all to see how the number of available homes fluxtuate.

• Like 9

7 hours ago, AzureWaves said:

they're so dark. if they were happier colors i would be so on board.

There are other outside colors in addition to the brown. I chose a purplish color but it's pretty faint.

I might put some flowering vines on my outside walls to brighten it up even more.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Teresa Firelight said:

Personally I like the two pixie models but I dont like the angel ones.... Pixie is a very usable size/shape for me. Angel has the tree going through the house, which some fantasy faithfuls may love, but I personally prefer the tree on the outside. Pixie is a single story, but Angel has a spiral staircase going up to a loft... again, I am a one-story kinda gal and I usually struggle to get up spiral staircases.

I cant believe how beautifully the yard opens up to enjoy the surrounding landscaping on the three houses. You can really do a Lot with your yard if you use a tree house style home.

It is great that they included both open and regular models of TWO styles of homes for the treehouse. I imagine there are people who love the angel and the one I like (the pixie) doesn't appeal to them... so it is great that we have a choice.

I am starting to reconsider. While I strongly prefer the interior of the Pixie, it turns out the Fairy models have a back porch for another view, and have less bundles of leafs at "eye level" when on the porch.. in short you get much better views with the Fairy than with the Pixie. So the decision between the two models becomes a tradeoff between view or interior layout.

Now I am torn.. I like the PixieBrook best for furnishing, but I like either of the Fairy models for 1) view from the porch and balcony, and for view from inside of the house looking out.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

I am happy to see that LL can do things like this. 😃

Tree houses have been mentioned so often, and people has been vocal about that there is only one style of Fantasy - Elven large houses.

So this is a case where LL actually listen. I am sure it helped that the Fantasy theme regions has so many empty houses. It is always a waste of money to run unpopulated regions.

The first theme way back before Bellisseria, had a Hobbit house, a Wizard tower and two other options. It was more variety. The tree houses is a step in the right direction. To fill up the Fantasy regions 100%, as popular as Victorians, will never happen, unless LL throw in some more options like small thatched cottages, tower ruins and hobbit houses.

It is also a very specific beauty, where Hobbits might like a more English countryside feeling. LL went all out with the new enviroment, and created an etheral beauty that is so special that people will visit and admire it, but not live there.

But I am positive that the Fantasy regions will see an increase now, maybe to 80% when the Treehouses are the new house to try out. On the downside, it is already said in the thread that people do not upgrade alts... they leave another theme of Premium houses to get a Treehouse. So the increase in Fantasy will come to the cost of abandoned homes in other themes.

I suspect that BonnieBots got booted from Bellisseria, because LL did not want all to see how the number of available homes fluxtuate.

LL is giving those numbers now on the newly revamped land page, so you can see the which themes failed.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Luna Bliss said:

There are other outside colors in addition to the brown. I chose a purplish color but it's pretty faint.

I might put some flowering vines on my outside walls to brighten it up even more.

I actually don't like anything there, from the terrain to the trees colors.

I think tree houses is a lovely idea - it was something floated around and suggested back in the earlier days of the new homes project. Not for me, I love my Stilt, but I'm sure there'll be plenty of residents eager to try one.

I hope we see some more floor plan updates in the future (ahem..Stilts...pretty please @Patch Linden..with a cherry and sprinkles and sparkles on top...☺️)

• Like 5

58 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Treehouses wants me to bring back my old "Tarzan" look and loincloths!

But, you are a cat of the savanna, not a cat of the jungle.  Hmm, one of the early Linden Homes areas looked kinda like a savanna area with developments around it.  

• Like 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 109 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.