What are some Halloween traditions you do in Second Life?

Gopi Passiflora

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 202 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

A couple weeks ago I bought the cutest little compilation of pumpkins I ever saw...huge thing...from Love Superstore...and put it on the corner of my deck out front.  It really is a HUGE grouping arranged a little crazily -- so far have not been banned from the sim.

• Like 2

Shop, but that's an all-year-round tradition. Halloween is best for when I want to stock up on discounted fantasy skins, makeup, and heads, though, which I wear all year anyway.

I don't do anything holiday-specific. Fall through Winter is my least fav time of year so other than big sale events, I pay little attention.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I have one absolutely invariable and indispensable Halloween tradition: deciding which slightly risqué costume I've purchased for parties and such I'm going to be too cowardly to wear in public.

Cher, of course. Actually, if you really want something wild, I have PLACES.

Come to think of it, I actually never wear costumes considering my avatars are usually, well...costume-like. Sorta.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Stephanie Misfit said:

Nothing, we don't do Halloween in Australia, so I don't do it in SL either. And I find it annoying that all the events are full of Halloween-themed nonsense for 2 months. Good for those who enjoy it, I suppose.

/me sits a scary pumpkin on your pretty little head....:)

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1

I usually take a Memorial Flight across the Blake in honour of my RL cat, whom went to the Rainbow Bridge and the time I was learning about SL planes. Poor thing got sick one day, and we planned to take him to the vet that next morning. Though alas he slipped away that night. =( Though this is earlier in October.

As it happens, he was also a black cat, even.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 4

17 hours ago, Gopi Passiflora said:

I don't do much except decorate my parcel and attend parties at clubs. I also wear Halloween themed avatars.

All I generally do is change my outfit to something more halloween-themed while I go exploring. I don't join in with it massively, not in real life nor in Second Life, but I do like fancy dress, and I'm partial to a decorative gourd or two. It's the only time of the year you can legitimately walk around my home town wielding an axe (albeit a plastic one). 

• Like 3

In the time I had an inworld shop I decorated that one a bit with Halloween props. I think I went twice to a Halloween party in world in all those years.
Halloween is simply not a real thingy in most parts of Europe. Commerce is trying to push Halloween for years already, but not  successful so far.

Our dress up party is way bigger. It is the The Fifth Season: Starting November 11th and ending somewhere in February after the 3 days finals, at Ash Wednesday: It's called Carnival.

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 3

A friend and I went trick or treating at various SL clubs, but got told to stop 'begging' :o One place ejected us! xD Looking back...I suppose they might have had a point...but it was just a bit of fun...

I spent one SL Halloween inside a giant neon fly in the sky, which had live electro and 60s garage rock DJs B| Also one at the ballroom in Innsmouth, but I can't remember much about it except one of the DJs being a bit uptight and telling  people to stop typing in local during his set :S

I don't know if I'll do anything on SL this year...I will probably just light some candles and listen to Siouxsie & The Banshees and read a spooky book 👻 I used to LOVE dressing up and going out IRL for Halloween before Covid, but I'm too lazy now 9_9 I always see it as a week-long thing, with Halloween being the big party night, and then ending with All Souls' Day, when I visit my granddad's grave.

Edited by Rat Luv
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Rat Luv said:

A friend and I went trick or treating at various SL clubs, but got told to stop 'begging' :o One place ejected us! xD Looking back...I suppose they might have had a point...but it was just a bit of fun...

Unpopular opinion: "Griefers" are just Trick-or-Treaters who work all year around!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 202 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.