What are some Halloween traditions you do in Second Life?

Gopi Passiflora

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 182 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

6 minutes ago, Rat Luv said:
12 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

But in SL, rezzing and decorating haunted houses is my main tradition over the years.

More info (and pics?) please :)

Sure!

I bought several "Dark Rides" and posted pics last year, maybe I will rez a "classic" scary house this year and actually decorate it! 

Since it isn't even October still, this thread will probably still be here, hopefully with pics of people's stuff.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Phil Deakins said:

I've done that, but for the last couple of years, I've put a poster in the window saying that halloween isn't supported here. The poster is a printout of a file that the police provided.

We live in the kind of small US town where folks routinely drive in from the countryside on Halloween with a carload of kids to Trick or Treat around town and our block gets 400-500 kids stopping by between late afternoon and 9 p.m.  Last year we were all sick with COVID so I wanted to put out yard signs saying "Beware of Plague House!" but my daughter said (quite wisely) that would be more inducement than deterrent to the kids.  So I had to settle for some totally anodyne signs saying we were not partipating, sigh.  My daughter is no fun............

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

46 minutes ago, Phil Deakins said:

I've done that, but for the last couple of years, I've put a poster in the window saying that halloween isn't supported here. The poster is a printout of a file that the police provided.

I think this would be a 'red rag' to some of the kids around here xD

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, Rat Luv said:

I think this would be a 'red rag' to some of the kids around here xD

One just has to step out with a carpet beater, look mean and  say with a bit creepy voice: "Do step inside guys, if you want some".
Scary or what?

Edited by Sid Nagy
It is Saturday, so I have to edit.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Well today I set out to do some Halloweeny type things, and was quickly disappointed by every single pumpkin patch I found.

Then, I found a magical place, which doesn't look so magical, but definitely is. They let you pick a pumpkin and then rez it out and carve it right there! I don't know if you can carve it away from there or not, I haven't tried. So far I have picked and carved 3 pumpkins! Don't worry, they grow more super fast!

They also have this cool grave game, which I have to wait 51 seconds to play again because I didn't read instructions, oops!

(am I allowed to leave a lm if it's not my place and I have no affiliation? Well if not, someone at the lab can remove it, lmao)

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Port Caledon/195/50/23

KUDOS to you folks, really. I am absolutely tickled orange about the pumpkin patch!

This week coming up, weather permitted, my students and I have a trip to go apple picking and cider making. In a couple weeks we'll be heading to a pumpkin patch (I pre-buy all pumpkins so everyone gets to take one home). So it's kinda nice to see stuff similar in sl. Or maybe I'm just weird. Fall makes me happy, it's not so hot, students are still eager and haven't yet hit that wall of who knows what to call it, there are so many activities and fun things we can still do (indoors and out). I love it!

Edited by Casidy Silvercloud
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...
On 9/23/2023 at 12:42 PM, Phil Deakins said:

Does the poster have your mug shot and list of crimes you are wanted for?

Halloween not supported here

Wanted Phil Deakins: Arguing with the authorities.  Drinking Boddingtons in the Yorkshire Area. Etc etc

• Haha 4

On 10/30/2023 at 4:56 PM, Aethelwine said:

Does the poster have your mug shot and list of crimes you are wanted for?

Halloween not supported here

Wanted Phil Deakins: Arguing with the authorities.  Drinking Boddingtons in the Yorkshire Area. Etc etc

I never thought of that. Worra good idea, although my poster still works - it did again this year.

• Haha 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 182 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.