ONLY FOR NEW SL RESIDENTS TO ANSWER!! - Account must be under 6 months to answer the following questions!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 315 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello! Welcome to Second Life! My name is Lavender Mocha-Aiko and I'm a writer for a new & upcoming magazine on SL. I'm writing on article that's solely based on the new residents that has entered SL as of 2023. I would like to seat and chat with some new SL residents to get your ideas on when you entered the metaverse. Here are some guideline questions for you, so when you reach out. There will be a better understanding of what we will be talking about. Please message me on here first. I'll be checking daily hour by hour to make sure I'm getting responses. Here are the questions:

1. When joining, what were your expectations?

2. Were your expectations met? Why or Why not?

3. What was the first thing you did when you went pass the basic stuff; your real true adventure?

4. What do you think of the overall SL community?

5. What have you experienced mainly on the grid?

6. What are you are your most memorable encounters and your worst? Why they were memorable and why they were your worst?

7. What is the SL dating scene like for you? Explain

8. What are your views on the sims you've visited around SL? (Pick your top 3 and explain what stood out to you: both good or bad or both)

9. What would you say is lacking in the community when you entered it as a new resident?

10. What are your hopes, dreams, and goals for your Second Life?

Business Inquires: kyddlavender@gmail.com

[Business affiliation redacted by moderator]

Any questions, please feel free to message me here or email me. 

Edited by Dyna Mole
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Few new users read these forums.

if you want to interview new users, try going to London City, a popular new user area, and talking to people. Or, better yet, rent a storefront in London City and  put up a sign saying you will pay new users L$250 (which is about US$1) for an interview. That's enough to bring in most new users.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, animats said:

Few new users read these forums.

if you want to interview new users, try going to London City, a popular new user area, and talking to people. Or, better yet, rent a storefront in London City and  put up a sign saying you will pay new users L$250 (which is about US$1) for an interview. That's enough to bring in most new users.

Most newbies don't have money and don't understand how much linden dollars are worth. $L100 would be plenty as an incentive.

• Like 6

Okay, I noticed some of the many here has taken this the wrong way. I even noticed that some of you went out of your way to be immature about it, instead of just ask the question "Hey, can you go into more details about this?" but I get it. You're still operating on a child-like mentality. So, I won't concern myself with the likes of people that simply can't have a conversation nor communicate properly. Thank you for putting in the effort to be so negative just to make yourselves feel so special or smart. I hope it made your day better and made the burden of your life feel weightless.  

Sorry to those who may have seen this as aggressive. That really wasn't my intention. And also thank you to those that has advised me that I won't get what I'm looking for here. I really appreciate it. I have taken in the fact that newbies that really know about the forums really. So, thank you again 🙂

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5
  • Sad 2

7 minutes ago, LavenaKydd said:

Okay, I noticed some of the many here has taken this the wrong way. I even noticed that some of you went out of your way to be immature about it, instead of just ask the question "Hey, can you go into more details about this?" but I get it. You're still operating on a child-like mentality. So, I won't concern myself with the likes of people that simply can't have a conversation nor communicate properly. Thank you for putting in the effort to be so negative just to make yourselves feel so special or smart. I hope it made your day better and made the burden of your life feel weightless.  

Sorry to those who may have seen this as aggressive. That really wasn't my intention. And also thank you to those that has advised me that I won't get what I'm looking for here. I really appreciate it. I have taken in the fact that newbies that really know about the forums really. So, thank you again 🙂

Please understand, we Forumites see a LOT of posts about Surveys. 

Usually, the Surveys are stated as being for some College / University project.

Also, please understand that most comments regarding a) "new residents" and Surveys, and b) "new residents" being Forum members - are genuine comments and not meant to troll you, be sarcastic, etc.

Good luck with your survey!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Usually, the Surveys are stated as being for some College / University project.

As is this. "OMINA" is a publication of the University of Pennsylvania.

17 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Please understand, we Forumites see a LOT of posts about Surveys. 

Yes.

There are people who did this right. Read "Making a Metaverse that Matters", by Au.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Thank you Love & animats for helping better understand the situation. It's just sometimes, I see a lot of people reply back in the forums with some negative filler just because they can. I genuinely wanted to really understand what new people to SL experience when they come to Second Life and write about it because I know everyone view Second Life differently. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Oh, the book covers surveys? I missed that in your thoughtful posts about it! Now I'm more curious.

He spent much time in world and talked to many people, rather than running surveys.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, animats said:
11 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Oh, the book covers surveys? I missed that in your thoughtful posts about it! Now I'm more curious.

He spent much time in world and talked to many people, rather than running surveys.

So if I understand you in context, Au essentially performed his own "surveys" by talking with people.  Sounds like the best way to get "good answers". 

• Like 4

18 hours ago, LavenaKydd said:

Hello! Welcome to Second Life! My name is Lavender Mocha-Aiko and I'm a writer for a new & upcoming magazine on SL. I'm writing on article that's solely based on the new residents that has entered SL as of 2023. I would like to seat and chat with some new SL residents to get your ideas on when you entered the metaverse. Here are some guideline questions for you, so when you reach out. There will be a better understanding of what we will be talking about. Please message me on here first. I'll be checking daily hour by hour to make sure I'm getting responses. Here are the questions:

1. When joining, what were your expectations?

2. Were your expectations met? Why or Why not?

[snip]

Business Inquires: kyddlavender@gmail.com

Writer/Journalist @OMINA Magazine

Any questions, please feel free to message me here or email me. 

We don't seem to get many newbies on the Forums. You may get a few responses, but you might get more if you go inworld to the new Welcome HUB, London city, the Firestorm Help area, or other areas that new users frequent. If you can offer a small pay incentive, you may get more responses, but that also makes it more likely that you'll get some alts of older accounts who just want the money. 😄 I wish you luck finding enough respondents for a good survey sample.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

I'm going to answer only because I was ordered not to. (Also, you posted this in the wrong place, OP.)

We could always derail the thread and get it closed up!

Anyhoo, there should be a separate section of the mboard for survey and research stuff relating to SL and the Lab.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 315 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.