SecondLifeTime

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 407 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

13 minutes ago, MelodyMoonflower said:

At that price why not keep it open to anyone that wants it? Also give it for free to people that have stuck around for 20 years, they surely deserve it. Just my opinion, yours may vary.

My guess is that they are losing money in the long run on it, they probably need a quick influx of money for some project or another.  If they offered it for longer, and provided it to more people it would probably cripple them years down the road.  It is kind of worrisome that they are doing it at all, I don't imagine they would do this unless they were experiencing some sort of emergency that required immediate funds.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

32 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

I bought this beasty at auction TODAY for less than the cost of lifetime premium plus. Runs great. Full tank. Stickers.

feuOovI.png

As a former auto mechanic, hate to tell ya, but that thing won't still be running for you 20 years from now. Even with regular maintenance and rolling restarts. I mean, I get what you meant, but yeah.

An older model, maybe. That one, no. It's way too rounded to be from back in the good batch.

I can get you a really good deal on a Lada, though.

Edited by PheebyKatz
  • Like 1

Why does nobody post the specific details? these are kinda buried as if everyone's already 'in the know'

https://lindenlab.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/31000170266-secondlifetime-premium-secondlifetime-premium-plus

ETA: I gave it a good think, but while I ~could afford 750 for the lifetime premium, I don't want to 'sunk cost' myself 7 years into the future.

Edited by Quistess Alpha
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 2

I got all worked up into a tizz, I made a ticket and then I ended up closing it when I calmed down. I am older now, I have paid premium for 17 years and had regions for 13, to not have any benefit for 7 years was too much, and that this was not even 1% of the user base that can get this made me sad, I was sad, that is not the feeling that should have happened. The idea that if i had kept the ticket and not gotten a spot, when willing to pay that, would have really upset me. One day they may offer it as an actual option, and then I will have time to decide, this was pressure, this was best bank balance wins. I had the balance, but looking that many years into the future when you have already 17 behind you, it is more beneficial to younger accounts, and why take a spot they could have. There was no incentive other than spending lots, there was no special coloured profile lol, no vanity plates to display, no SLB20 something that would have made doing it now a collectible that they could have offered different each year. no SLifer last name lol. Good luck to everyone that did a ticket, I really hope you get them, I am sorry it was a limited amount of people and not a limited amount of time, running the option for the full celebration time would have been amazing.

• Like 6

27 minutes ago, Quistess Alpha said:

Why does nobody post the specific details? these are kinda buried as if everyone's already 'in the know'

https://lindenlab.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/31000170266-secondlifetime-premium-secondlifetime-premium-plus

ETA: I gave it a good think, but while I ~could afford 750 for the lifetime premium, I don't want to 'sunk cost' myself 7 years into the future.

Thanks, I had absolutely no idea what the original poster was on about.

• Like 6

56 minutes ago, Istelathis said:

My guess is that they are losing money in the long run on it, they probably need a quick influx of money for some project or another.  If they offered it for longer, and provided it to more people it would probably cripple them years down the road.  It is kind of worrisome that they are doing it at all, I don't imagine they would do this unless they were experiencing some sort of emergency that required immediate funds.

At the most it's approximately 250k. Not a whole lot really.

• Thanks 1

I was ready to pull the trigger but I have questions and no answers. I have my premium account paid for the next 2 years, will they credit me for those years? I have a grandfathered stipend of 500 per week, will that remain on the lifetime premium? I may need premium plus for a few years can I pay the difference for the year I need it? Support had no answers and I was told I need to commit to $1749 or $749 before knowing the answers. That is not ok these questions should of been anticipated this is not the first time they have been asked in regard to premium and Plus. 

I do not like the pressure of this, why not make it limited-time?  This is a big financial commitment, it is far more than what initial lifetime cost, it is a commitment to SL and a belief in the future. Give us some time to think and budget. Please reconsider and make this a limited-time offer for a month.

• Like 9

1 minute ago, Sparkely Sugar said:

I was ready to pull the trigger but I have questions and no answers. I have my premium account paid for the next 2 years, will they credit me for those years? I have a grandfathered stipend of 500 per week, will that remain on the lifetime premium? I may need premium plus for a few years can I pay the difference for the year I need it? Support had no answers and I was told I need to commit to $1749 or $749 before knowing the answers. That is not ok these questions should of been anticipated this is not the first time they have been asked in regard to premium and Plus. 

I do not like the pressure of this, why not make it limited-time?  This is a big financial commitment, it is far more than what initial lifetime cost, it is a commitment to SL and a belief in the future. Give us some time to think and budget. Please reconsider and make this a limited-time offer for a month.

I have the stipend of 500 too I was scared of that loss also

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Quistess Alpha said:

same. I thought, where was this 10 years ago? Then realised it was limited quantity and didn't consider it further. 

I do wish there was some little loyalty reward for old timers.. we've sure spent enough over the years. Wishful thinking..

• Like 7

16 minutes ago, Sasy Scarborough said:

There was no incentive other than spending lots, there was no special coloured profile lol, no vanity plates to display, no SLB20 something that would have made doing it now a collectible that they could have offered different each year. no SLifer last name lol. 

I agree, there needs to be some vanity incentives with this. This is a big investment and a commitment that shows your belief in the future of SL and your participation in it. There should be something to reflect that.

• Like 3

Buy down your region today for 600 US$ a piece. Benefit from this exceptional offer today.

a bit later....

We are lowering all tier fees on private regions by 50 USD$ no buy down required.

a bit later....

We are now lowering all tier fees on private regions by another 30 USD$ no buy down required.

And what will it be this time @Linden Lab ? Pay 750 or 1750 USD for lifetime Premium to see how you reduce premium membership prices in half next year ?

Edited by Count Burks
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

52 minutes ago, PheebyKatz said:

As a former auto mechanic, hate to tell ya, but that thing won't still be running for you 20 years from now.

Thing is it doesn't have to .. If it tides us over till the end of the year, it's worth every penny.

52 minutes ago, PheebyKatz said:

I can get you a really good deal on a Lada, though.

I learn to drive in Lada! No thank you !!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

37 minutes ago, Sasy Scarborough said:

I have the stipend of 500 too I was scared of that loss also

i never lost my stipend levels in the past when up and downgrading ( did that several times on several accounts)
didn't even lose the basic stipends on the accounts that got 50 L$ when downgrading from premium.

I think they won't do different that now either, as those stipends are still mentioned in the knowledgebase article 

Stipends for old accounts

The stipend amount for older accounts depends on what type of account you have and its age. Plus and Premium Plus accounts receive the standard stipend amount for their membership regardless of account age.

Premium accounts created or upgraded:

• On or after November 1, 2006 receive L$300 per week.
  • Between July 21, 2006 and November 1, 2006 receive L$400 per week.
  • Before July 21, 2006 receive L$500 per week.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Sparkely Sugar said:

I agree, there needs to be some vanity incentives with this. This is a big investment and a commitment that shows your belief in the future of SL and your participation in it. There should be something to reflect that.

erm.. becoming a Scottish Laird ( or Lady  .. or both for couples) is a a lot cheaper :)   just around 40 $.. ánd you get a real visitable 1 sqf of land in a Nature Reserve there.

Edited by Alwin Alcott
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

At the most it's approximately 250k. Not a whole lot really.

Yeah. It's hardly worth doing for them, at this scale. I don't see any exclusivity guarantee that they won't add more SecondLifetime accounts later, though, so maybe the program will make sense eventually.

The actual offers are a bit underwhelming; I'd expected a higher price for benefits not available in any annual subscription plan. But I'm sure they'll sell out if they haven't already.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Quistess Alpha said:

Thanks for the details, I saw them zip by in a post somewhere. I was disappointed that LTPP is $1000 more, and there are only 20! Unless most are smarter than me, you'd think all 20 are taken already.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sparkely Sugar said:

It is a commitment to SL and a belief in the future.

I've been here off and on just over 10 years, so I'm not exactly a young account, but I am still under the age of 40 in RL. A lifetime account is entirely worth it to me, and for the first time in several years, I'm financially in a place where I can do it fairly easily. Plus what Sparklely Sugar said, although I wish folks had more time to pre-plan that purchase! 

A final thought: as someone who pays for premium yearly, $749 is about 7.5 years of subscription. As of about 20 minutes ago, 7.5 years of L$300 weekly stipend is around $480 of that $749.

• Like 1

Thank you to @Quistess Alpha for the link. I had no idea what the OP was talking about.

Having read the page, it seems to me that the $749 Lifetime Premium account is well worthwhile for anyone who has an interest in SL that stretches to the benefits of a Premium account. I feel tempted even though I haven't had a Premium account for years, and I have no real reason for having one. I still feel tempted though. If my memory is correct (and it probably isn't), $1749 for the additional benefits of a Lifetime Premium Plus seems to be comparatively high.

The idea that they may offer it again at smaller prices doesn't seem right to me. They may do, but not so soon, and the benefits until then will probably be worth taking it up now. If they do offer it again, I'd guess that the prices will be the same. They can't do it do too much of it, or they'll end up with too few people paying monthly and annually, which wouldn't be good for them.

On the whole, I really do think that it's a good thing. I don't see it as a way of sucking more money out of people, because they can't go too far with it. I see it more like a gift - which could be repeated from time to time. I can imagine some people finding fault to the extent of not taking it up, but later, when it's too late, wish that they had. I don't find fault with it, but I may be one of those who wished they'd taken it up lol.

Edited by Phil Deakins
  • Like 1

I do not see "Request SecondLifetime Premium Account" on the dropdown menu of the support ticket page. Does this mean it's already sold out?

"In the support ticket form, select the ticket type Account Issue, and choose Request SecondLifetime Premium Account from the second drop down that appears."

At 749.00 it would be 7 1/2 years before the benefit would kick in.

I'm pretty happy with regular old premium. I'm like 17 or 18 years in already. If I was newer I might have tried to get it. But I'm not even sure I'll be around in SL that long to get the benefit.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 407 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.