Ranch Theme

diamond Marchant

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 143 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I think everything in this theme is really well done and it’s inspiring me. I’m dusting off my shabby/distressed texture making & modding skills. Going to see if I can work up some color coordinating out-buildings that look nice in the shared environment (time to learn PBR Materials) and some ‘up-cycled’ looking decor. Ivy for the walls, maybe a farm stand. Also chickens, a little garden plot (maybe MyStory) and a dog!  Green Acres x Petticoat Junction with a dash of modern boho. Yep.

Edited by Fauve Aeon
Reference
  • Like 7

Given that the Ranch lots now appear to have all been snapped up, I suspect that we are going to see more regions added soon(ish). If my experience is any indication, there were probably a few people who upgraded an avatar account to Premium Plus just to get one of these properties.

Plus, I predict that there will be spin-off effects on the SL economy, since I now need to invest in some new home and garden decor for these larger lots, like trees! I'm quite looking forward to doing some decorating in my new Ranch Linden Home. Job well done, Linden Lab!

Edited by Vanity Fair
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

Found them!

Ranchexpansion28June2023.thumb.png.e45009014d814c418ae501be66eaf232.png

Thanks Sarah. Once again, you're the fastest on the draw.

I'm gonna throw out another bit of speculation that the next 2048 m theme will be to the west of the current 2048 m regions, roughly mirroring their future shape and connecting to the rest of Bellisseria with a few water regions that touch that little lighthouse in the lower left corner, by those house boats. I don't think Bellisseria regions will connect directly to that grid of regions to the west.

Lighthouse islands usually have water rez zones, which make them ideal places to connect to other regions. There's another below and to the west of Belli Island that I hope will connect to more water regions once the Log Home northern coast fills in.

Edited by Persephone Emerald
added comma & typo correction
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I am loving the new 2048 theme.  I know it is called 'Ranch', but the Spring View floorplan reminds me more of a farmhouse.  So this is going to be my country retreat.  No barns, no garden, but maybe a small apple orchard?  I dunno.  I finally settled on a color palette for the inside, utilizing, blues, grays, and greens.  This is just a sampling, and it may change.  My parcel sits next to the void at Squeaky Springs.  Will be interesting to see how the area progresses.  Great job Linden Labs!

Spring View Living room1b.png

• Like 17

3 minutes ago, BookishMelinoe said:

That's really pretty, @Cougar Sangria

I'm Premium Plus and considered abandoning my mainland and grabbing one of these, but tbh, I want to keep my mainland; I've put a ton of work into it. So instead I'm letting the ranch theme inspire me to ranch-up one of my rentals. *inventory search for: wagon wheel, rustic, horse, logs...* 😂

Thank you!  I have never owned mainland property.  I have had a Linden home since my 2nd day in SL.  

• Like 5

I've said this before, but I mean it this time. This is my forever home! I've not bothered with the inside yet. It's still packed high with boxes to unpack. HSHfront_001.thumb.jpg.b37593d874158b71714502336894349f.jpg

But my yard!

HSHback_001.thumb.jpg.84f90401fe4797b0495705b39af634b5.jpg

That tank near the house isn't for livestock. It's my swimming pool. I have a mini fruit orchard on the side of the house. I've got to start some seedlings to finish out the garden.

This is my dream farmhouse, but it's modernized with energy and water conservation in mind. I'm just starting to figure out how to build a rainwater collection system.HSHrainwater_001.thumb.jpg.db38835d81d0aa01dc5635fbe07ee2d3.jpg

I couldn't be happier with this theme!

Edited by Blush Bravin
  • Like 20

3 minutes ago, AzureWaves said:

When people say forever home, they usually leave in a month. It's a Linden Home curse.

I stayed in my original trad for over a year. I've wanted something with more room and more prims with the same flavor of the trads. Ranch does that beautifully. I have a houseboat that I love so much I made an alt premium so I could keep it and get the ranch. So yes, forever in SL is relative. But I really can't see me moving away from this home for a very long time. Plus as old as I am in RL forever isn't all that many years.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, AzureWaves said:

When people say forever home, they usually leave in a month. It's a Linden Home curse.

LOL, with my alts, I have been in five Linden Homes for over a year each, in one of them for 2.5 years. My main avvie, Leora, hops around constantly though.

• Like 3

I have always loved the Traditionals as well.  I have maintained the same Stilt for 2 1/2 years, the week they were released.  I have a Newbrooke as well for sentimental reasons.  But this release feels like home.  I love the larger parcels, the landscaping, and of course more LI.  I can't say enough good things about this release. 

Edited by Cougar Sangria
grammar error
  • Like 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 143 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.