Pride in Second Life 2023

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 364 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 6/2/2023 at 3:57 AM, Love Zhaoying said:

The Lindens posted a special Pride group photo yesterday!

I am starting this thread as a place to post about Pride in Second Life 2023.

Linden_pride_sl.thumb.jpg.c3605827cb16e55ea7ae0dd919ef5daa.jpg

Happy Pride from an ally!  ❤️🩷🧡💛💚💙🩵💜🤎🖤🩶🤍

I'm RL vacationing in a big city (yes, me) or I would log in for a colorful photo.  Love and support to all. 😘

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

8 hours ago, Han Held said:

You wat now? LOL if you're a bible literalist the bible itself says he died for our sins. If you're not -then what would make you say 'when he comes back'?

the problem with talking about this with you is that you at one side think to point out others to what christians do, even in big groups, but at the other side pulll all brakes when  somebody with other knowledge, points that your fundaments about it are not what you seem to think.
Bibles are translations made with a purpose in mind, and that's not always translate but more interpretate so their rules are better looking.

• Like 2

I finally found some time to visit the Pride At Home region. I highly recommend the exhibits about historical figures, support groups, etc. etc. The organizers put quite some effort into providing education. My favourite exhibit was the dance floor where my avatar was vogueing while I could read up some interesting history about it.

Unpopular opinion: Jesus and his 12 disciples, all men, all travelling, celebrated a long-life Pride Parade 😜 Take note, and spread more love and happiness! 🥳

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Yukiko Yeshto said:

finally found some time to visit the Pride At Home region. I highly recommend the exhibits about historical figures, support groups, etc. etc. The organizers put quite some effort into providing education. My favourite exhibit was the dance floor where my avatar was vogueing while I could read up some interesting history about it.

Thanks for this information, I need to tour the Pride at Home region more!

• Like 3

On 6/9/2023 at 3:24 PM, Love Zhaoying said:

Imagining ABDL in a Pride Parade:

"We Pooped!

Our Diapers!

And We're Proud!" 

Makes you wonder, how can they have "Pride" if they have no "shame"? I guess that's part of the joie de vivre! Or maybe the raison d'etre!

The only person I knew who was into wearing diapers and having his poopy nappy changed by his mommy was a middle aged hetero man and ceo of a large company.

Edited by Ingrid Ingersoll
  • Haha 1

On 6/9/2023 at 12:48 PM, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Here. I'll get some stuffs together. Gimme a moment to log in and I'll edit this post with goodies.

Some of the stuff is so cute, I love the rainbow ice lattes and popsicles the best.

image.png.db3aca1e810f4b2892100e06866786c7.png

Edited by Ingrid Ingersoll
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Certainly as movements and institutions get bigger and have increasing support from the elite and powerful there is going to be a percentage of adherents who have less than altruistic motivations and corrupt what was intended for good to serve their own selfish desires.

It happened for some religions and it is also becoming evident now with Pride's agenda turning increasingly towards targeting the children through the sexualization of the education system, media and the marketplace. I've seen a number of articles with pictures showing hypersexualized Pride parade displays that would have some certain SL residents in a tizzy should SL residents be exposed to the same without consent. And yet the same residents are supportive of R/L displays of the same as long as it is done under the Pride flag. Weird eh?

I understand what you think your point is, I just don't agree with it. Some form of "hell" is a rather normal threat in our society when one does not toe a certain line of what is considered acceptable behaviour. Religionists call it hell, laws and court call it prison and others call it cancel culture. All just different facets of the same idea of being ostracized from polite society and put in a dark place where one is removed from the goodies life has to offer.

Resentments, even if seemingly justified are a form of hell that leads to alcoholism, addictions and ultimately suicide. To resent is to emotionally relive an experience over and over again until one cannot stand their own thinking but can't get away from it except through some form of oblivion. Having experienced that, I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy so I very much disagree with your "As well they should" statement. The only way through is forgiveness. It is the only way to let go of the negative emotional reactions to real and perceived abuses.

Are you celebrating the secondlife pride festival? If so, please share  🤗. If not, then perhaps start your own thread focusing on whatever grievance you have? trainwreck-accident.gif.7d83c27f3981bc050779dbeddd371acc.gif

Edited by Robberinthemuseum
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 6/11/2023 at 7:21 AM, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

I find it interesting that some on this forum have no problem belittling people's belief's of a God, higher power or whatever, yet demand acceptance of their sexual orientation, gender identify or LGBTQIA+ status with no questions asked. Just an observation. 

Religion is a choice. The others are not.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

Every Saturday I teach a singing class where we gather 'round the fire by the ocean and the shining moon, and sing songs along with YouTube. I provide the words to the songs, more in-depth information about the subject or artist, and sometimes singing advice.

Last Saturday the focus was Pride, this Saturday we focus on Juneteenth, and we'll have one more Pride session the final Saturday in the Pride month of June.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This is one of my favorite songs we sing @ Moonlight Mantras for Pride month, about LGBTQ+ love, and is the theme song from the movie 'Call Me By My Name'.
Since it's about gay lovers, I think I'll dedicate it to my gay friend, Ric, who died of complications from AIDS not long ago. Incidentally, he indirectly introduced me to SL via trying to get me into games in general. I tried a game he played but got sick of being killed and sent to heaven when I just wanted to look at the trees and land formations. So I began googling and seeing what else was out there, finding SL.

MYSTERY OF LOVE
By Sufjan Stevens
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOdbUhAwGcA

♬˜*•. .•*˜♬
[❤] ♥♥♥ [❤]

MYSTERY OF LOVE

Oh, to see without my eyes
The first time that you kissed me
Boundless by the time I cried
I built your walls around me
White noise, what an awful sound
Fumbling by Rogue River
Feel my feet above the ground
Hand of God, deliver me

Oh, woah woe is me
The first time that you touched me
Oh, will wonders ever cease?
Blessed be the mystery of love

Lord, I no longer believe
Drowned in living waters
Cursed by the love that I received
From my brother's daughter
Like Hephaestion, who died
Alexander's lover
Now my riverbed has dried
Shall I find no other?

Oh, woah woe is me
I'm running like a plover
Now I'm prone to misery
The birthmark on your shoulder reminds me

How much sorrow can I take?
Blackbird on my shoulder
And what difference does it make
When this love is over?
Shall I sleep within your bed
River of unhappiness
Hold your hands upon my head
Till I breathe my last breath

Oh, woah woe is me
The last time that you touched me
Oh, will wonders ever cease?
Blessed be the mystery of love
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Luna Bliss said:

Every Saturday I teach a singing class where we gather 'round the fire by the ocean and the shining moon, and sing songs along with YouTube. I provide the words to the songs, more in-depth information about the subject or artist, and sometimes singing advice.

Last Saturday the focus was Pride, this Saturday we focus on Juneteenth, and we'll have one more Pride session the final Saturday in the Pride month of June.

That's cool! Where in Second Life is this? I know a couple of people who would love to go to this.

• Like 3

On 6/11/2023 at 10:19 PM, Alwin Alcott said:

Bibles are translations made with a purpose in mind, and that's not always translate but more interpretate so their rules are better looking.

In other words, manipulation or brainwashing for control of the masses.

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 364 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.