Any update on when we can expect Premium Plus Linden Homes?

JordanMcFarlin

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 348 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

4 hours ago, Sparkle Bunny said:

My guess was that all the landscaping/building moles you'd expect to be putting together a new Linden Home theme would probably get diverted to prepping the birthday itself; would be good to be proved wrong, though.

Over the last few weeks (since I started peeking in) I've been seeing activity on both groups of regions and the ssp4000's has had more presence than the SLB regions until just today.  I think we will see a theme reveal.  And I hope I am NOT proven wrong. :)

• Like 8

I have been a premium member for most of my Second Life. I paid in mostly to support SL. Some benefits I do enjoy and use. But I did not upgrade to premium plus because I learned the hard lessons over the many years to wait and see.

Promises, promises, promises.
Coming soon...
We are planning...
We have an idea...
We are working on...

If all I want was a 2048 Linden Home, I will wait until they are readily available. I will wait until they have them ready, finished, and the rush is over. Sure, I could buy mainland if I wanted to, but I don't want to. I will not pay more while I am waiting in my 1024m parcel home for a 2048 parcel that will be available... eventually. 

Exclusive gifts: They are rare and no longer seasonal. 
Premium Areas: Eh! You mean the sandboxes? There used to be feature-rich premium areas. No more.
More group slots: That's good, but I have enough groups notices and chats already. *grins*
Expanded Support: No, they took that away from us premium members and gave it to Plus Members. Concierge support is also available for Private Island owners (and my partner and I have some), but the office hours are never during the hours we need the service. What support office closes at 3pm? Not mine. Not anyone else in business I know. 

We each have our own needs, requirements, and times that we can be online in SL. Some Plus benefits are worth it for some people, but I will hazard a guess that most people just want a bigger parcel of land, a bigger house, and more group slots and money. Very active content creators will benefit from Plus. Sim owners probably won't. People who just came here to live their Second Life, Plus might be a bit too much to pay... and then have to wait and wait and wait for the promised land. 

I will wait until what is stated as part of the membership is fully available before I will even consider upgrading. I don't want to hear "coming soon" or "In the planning stages." No. I've listened to that for too many years. I've waited for too many years. 

Despite how this sounds, I love SL. I cannot imagine what my life would be without it. I DO love it. But like with anything or anyone you love, there is sometimes disappointment. 

Fix the roadways, LL. Fix the ski lifts. Fix the feature areas and quests that are broken... or remove them all from the grid. Promises and lip service is not going to grow SL or retain existing members. All those pitiful things out there they just remind people of how SL used to be way back in the golden times. Live up to what the expectations of SLers are. Most people will no longer bank on promises. We expect what we signed up for. Now, not later.

Edited by Markham Weatherwax
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

On 5/11/2023 at 10:22 PM, Aria Aurelia said:

They gave you the ability to own homesteads with Premium Plus, that alone is worth the 250 US dollars a year.   That is something quite a few people wanted for years.  The 2048's dont interest me as I want a victorian 2048, wont happen, so no worries, I can make do without.

Yes, that's true, but you still have to pay an astronomical set up fee and then the monthly fee on top of that.  That's over $500 to get a 5000 prim homestead!!!  If anything, homesteads should have prims increased to 7500.  That MIGHT be worth it.

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, VeeTach Littlething said:

Yes, that's true, but you still have to pay an astronomical set up fee and then the monthly fee on top of that.  That's over $500 to get a 5000 prim homestead!!!  If anything, homesteads should have prims increased to 7500.  That MIGHT be worth it.

and for many: the VAT ..

• Like 4

This is why I went Premium+, for the Homestead.  Thankfully, I live in the good old USA, so no VAT, and if you got it when they first advertised the offer, no set up fee :)  I had always rented my HS form Anshe, as I felt her company was trustworthy, but the last few times, it was coming in at $130USD per month.  With LL, it's the 109 plus 30 for premium, so a little higher out of pocket, but also get the other prem+ benefits...to me, it was the better deal, even without the 2048 homes.

ETA:  I misspoke :(  I looked back and the first month was $149 which included a $40 set up fee.

Edited by Kylie Jaxxon
Corrected fees
  • Like 5

48 minutes ago, Kylie Jaxxon said:

This is why I went Premium+, for the Homestead.  Thankfully, I live in the good old USA, so no VAT, and if you got it when they first advertised the offer, no set up fee :)  I had always rented my HS form Anshe, as I felt her company was trustworthy, but the last few times, it was coming in at $130USD per month.  With LL, it's the 109 plus 30 for premium, so a little higher out of pocket, but also get the other prem+ benefits...to me, it was the better deal, even without the 2048 homes.

I agree and went from a full region to a homestead which made it less for me at the time.  Playing with Linden homes over the years has taught me how to really stretch my LI.  5,000 is quite a lot and I love the space.  Can't wait to see what I can do with my 702LI on the new theme too.  

• Like 5

2 hours ago, VeeTach Littlething said:

I thought the set up fee included the first month. Even if it didn't include the first month, the homestead price would only be $258. Not sure where you are getting $500

df1842d06c6ec63547611148f5dca7cf.png

• Like 4

It is many things that's not LL's fault, and VAT is one of them.

And it is definitely not their fault that my country has the most inept government since WW2 and the currency is deeply undervalued. When I pay something in US, it is more expensive than ever. That goes for everything, Premium subscription, buying Lindens, paying tier to LL. It is wonderful that a Homestead is available without having a Region first, but it came too late for me. Several years too late.

I am actually considering if I will go Premum Plus, it must be fantastic Premium houses that comes with it. I am prepared to be underwhelmed by the houses. Or they will be so-so, not awful, but could be much better.

I can just rent and stay Basic. I think the Premium Plus houses may have come a year too late for me.

Or, maybe they are wonderful and I dance through rainbows and pay to get them, undervalued currency or not.

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 9

On 6/6/2023 at 8:55 AM, Marianne Little said:

It is many things that's not LL's fault, and VAT is one of them.

And it is definitely not their fault that my country has the most inept government since WW2 and the currency is deeply undervalued. When I pay something in US, it is more expensive than ever. That goes for everything, Premium subscription, buying Lindens, paying tier to LL.

We must be neighbours irl 💸💸💸😰

• Like 2

On 6/4/2023 at 1:31 PM, VeeTach Littlething said:

I paid 150 us dollars to set up the sim and it included the first months tier.  It serves the purpose in which I need it for until I get bored and cancel all of it and return to real life.  I've been spending less time in SL in general and more time traveling again now that we do as we please in RL. 

Edited by Aria Aurelia
  • Like 4

14 hours ago, Trinity Blakewell said:

When those of us in the US buy just about anything (physical goods) these days, it is more expensive than ever, too!

Everything is more expensive for all people all over the world. 😔

And it is not just that, but it is a feeling of gloom and depression. The news are just bad news now, nothing bright about the future.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

Everything is more expensive for all people all over the world. 😔

And it is not just that, but it is a feeling of gloom and depression. The news are just bad news now, nothing bright about the future.

I understand that.  I have a friend in real life who bought an electric car whose paying 800 a month just for electric and gas.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, Ciarra Lexington said:

I've tried to select one of the new 2048 homes, but it says I have to upgrade to Premium Plus, which I already have. Is there something I'm missing? 

Now it has allowed me to select one, but it can't teleport to the parcel..

The brand new regions, as in the ones dropped today, will require you to teleport to a region (one of the ones actually showing on the map now: Cow House is one of the regions on the edge of the new regions) nearish yours.  Then walk/fly/ride out to your new parcel.  Once the region appears on the map, Teleport should work.

Edited by PJBear Bitey
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Ciarra Lexington said:

I tried teleporting to the area of Cow House, but the one they gave me called "Clean Getaway", I don't see on the map anywhere. 

Some of them aren't on the map yet. Keep going west (off the map) into the new regions there.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 348 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.