BoM/Layer Jeans... anything left now?

Marjolaine Seymour

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 370 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have been searching up and down the MP for BoM/Layer (not Applier/Omega/Mesh) high waist jeans - just plain ones (typically with the upper part on shirt layer) - no rips, or holes.
Sounds simple enough, yes? No! Right now I can't find any at all... tons of Mesh ones, but that is not what I am looking for.
I had some MP links, but seems they are dead/deactivated/retired (and can't be bothered) now.

Anyone with better luck in the searching game? Or know about some in-world store?

6 minutes ago, BookishMelinoe said:

I like my ones from Sweet's:

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Sweets-Sweet-BoM-Denims-JeansCaprisShorts/21211866

They aren't high-waisted, but they're a lifesaver for putting under things like a long sweater/short dress.

Thanks.... just as I feared... one of the too low ones...

5 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Thanks... first ones looked promising, but a shame creator only made them for the tattoo-layer, so everything else go above them. Sighs... lost opportunity.

8 minutes ago, Tazzie Tuque said:

I have some that I made for my own use but have not gotten around to putting them out for sale anywhere yet.. Personal message me I may be able to help.

Thanks Tazzie.... might take up on that soon :)

If you go to the MP and type in the search, SYSTEM LAYERS. I usually always put it in caps

Then once that search is done go to the menu on the left and choose, Apparel, then Womens, then Bottom, then Jeans.. You'll get just over a couple hundred that should show up from the search..

• Like 1

While not high waisted, these are BOM (and I have abandoned appliers for many reasons). There are also DREAMER jeans which are BOM. Both of these were group gifts LONG ago (basic navy I think - I bought some other colors).  They are really nice. I had looked for them before in the store and on the marketplace for my alts but didn't find them so VERY happy to see that they are available again.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/BDR-OUTLET-Absence-Of-Fear-Jeans-Bleach-Indigo-6-Styles-Included-Appliers/7572043

Edited by Chic Aeon
Deleted picture in case it wasn't supposed to be there

On 11/16/2022 at 6:36 PM, Jennifer Boyle said:

Those look like they are Applier only -- are there system layers for BOM?

General tip if you're searching for BoM layers; set your search results to display oldest items first, which should weed out any mesh/applier items. (Yes, it also increases the amount of dross you have to scroll through before finding anything decent, but that's just part of shopping on MP, right?)

On 11/23/2022 at 10:44 PM, LittleMe Jewell said:

Those look like they are Applier only -- are there system layers for BOM?

Yes. Mine came with a system pants and undershirt (for the upper part) system layers.

The MP description could certainly be clearer, but it does say that they are for classic avatars. It's too bad sellers don't spell things out better. When they make it this subtle, I suspect they lose sales to new people who don't know that BOM and classic-avatar compatibility are the same.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you all.... long quest, and I think there are now none left with reasonable flexibility. There were two near-hits, in particular these

On 11/17/2022 at 2:36 AM, Jennifer Boyle said:

but.... the uppermost part is only available on 'undershirt' layer, meaning almost all BoM tops till go OVER the pants, which I (even RL) never do :)
- the other candidate was on tattoo-layer only.

Rowan had two additional suggestions, although they were if a bit unusual in design, so I'd probably pass on those.

4 hours ago, Marjolaine Seymour said:

but.... the uppermost part is only available on 'undershirt' layer, meaning almost all BoM tops till go OVER the pants, which I (even RL) never do :)
- the other candidate was on tattoo-layer only.

It might be worth messagiing the seller to see if they will sell you other layers.

@Marjolaine Seymour https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/DCNY-Everything-Jeans-in-Regular-Wash-Now-with-Phat-Azz-Appliers/1997055  these are system layers they are not high waisted that was not really that common back in the day because of the seams issues with upper lower but they come on all layers so you can wear your jeans over a longer top.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/6/2022 at 11:34 PM, Jennifer Boyle said:

It might be worth messagiing the seller to see if they will sell you other layers.

Sadly, it appears that creator has left.... hasn't been online for many months.

On 12/8/2022 at 8:17 AM, Sasy Scarborough said:

@Marjolaine Seymour https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/DCNY-Everything-Jeans-in-Regular-Wash-Now-with-Phat-Azz-Appliers/1997055  these are system layers they are not high waisted that was not really that common back in the day because of the seams issues with upper lower but they come on all layers so you can wear your jeans over a longer top.

Thanks Sasy - but that is exactly the reason I'm passing over on these :(

Even when system layer clothing was the only kind available, very high waisted jeans were rare-to-non-existant, primarily because of where the lower body template ends (a couple of inches below the bellybutton). So it's not so much a case of "they are all gone now" than "they were never here in the first place".  I've been in SL since 2006 and I don't recall ever seeing a pair of system layer jeans that were higher than the lower body template.

If "up to the line" is high enough, I would suggest looking at mens jeans. They tended to be higher-waisted, on average, then womens jeans. And of course they still fit perfectly well. 

Your only other option is going to be learn to make them yourself.

Strange how hard it is to find pants-layer indigo jeans that go as high as they can.  I do file by waist height, but my inventory has nothing.  Everything is either not indigo, holey, doesn't go all the way up, or isn't pants layer.

Two *underpants*- layer dark denim jeans that go as high as they can are in the inventory Library:  Female Rocker Jeans & Male City Jeans.  Being underpants layer, they're skin-tight.  The latter have optional sculpt cuffs, one of which for no obvious reason is titled "(Brown)".

Edited by LibGwen

You might try Robin (Sojourner) Wood's shop on Livingtree. (She passed away several years ago, but some of her friends have kept her region with her store and her texture tutorial area active).  

I don't have them in my inventory anymore but back before I got my first mesh body, her jeans were my favorite system layer jeans.

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Livingtree/89/136/25

It looks like it's L$150 for the fat pack shown in the vendor pic below, so inexpensive enough to take a chance on.  (I may go back and pick up another set just for nostalgia's sake).

893958495_rswstoreatLivingtree_001.thumb.png.e3ec1676e998ae1cfcf32d9b7910925e.png

edit to add:  the ones in the vendor center are "worn" style (with the hole in the knees) but there are other fat pack options in the vendor that are "good" jeans without the knee holes and with less faded colors. 

Edited by MoiraKathleen
added more info
  • Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 370 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.