1 hour ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I was going to say earlier, who says "eating babies" is not defensible?

"It came out of me, I was just trying to put it back!"

Mom’s go-to threat when she was really in a mood was…

”I brought you into this world, I can take you right back out.”

I never had difficulty telling if the mood was angry or silly. Friends did. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

We were not arguing --- we were discussing.

It's all a matter of how you look at it.

This reminds me of a schtick my partner and I do. He goes all manly man and claims he's not complaining (my word is "whining") about something, then I will seriously nod my head in agreement and recognize that he is merely "observing."

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Seicher Rae said:

Wistful semi-peeve, mostly with a heavy sigh...

ETA: I don't usually delete posts but sometimes, yeah. 

Too late. I read it and got a screenshot.

I'd strongly suggest you avoid Virtual Secrets for a week or two . . .

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

If you need a hug, @Seicher Rae, I actually give them out liberally.  I just don't accept them gracefully.

or maybe you would prefer the super-secret, exclusive forum handshake that is only used by the forum elites???  I am not one of them, but I recorded it years ago and have been practicing it.

Edited by Cinnamon Mistwood
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

If you need a hug, @Seicher Rae, I actually give them out liberally.  I just don't accept them gracefully.

or maybe you would prefer the super-secret, exclusive forum handshake that is only used by the forum elites???  I am not one of them, but I recorded it years ago and have been practicing it.

oooooooooh. I've heard of that stuff, but thought it was just urban legend! yes please! 3 PM SLT, behind the Forum Cartel bar? And maybe a little very awkward hug? But if it is either/or, then yeah, totes, the handshake.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Too late. I read it and got a screenshot.

I'd strongly suggest you avoid Virtual Secrets for a week or two . . .

Why do you think I did all that? I want my own VS meme thing, like Roman got! I'm jealous and hope I'm at more than 100 sims at once.

• Haha 1

Peeve: Being forced, at gunpoint, to respond with a few scorn laughs. Sigh. We need more emojis. However, they weren't entirely scorn laughs because I was honestly laughing at the posts because of the ridiculousness. Hm.

We need facepalm and eyeroll emojis. Emojis that are just "no" and "yes." Hug emoji, an "ew get away" emoji... Forum Elite stamp of approval...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Seicher Rae said:

Peeve: Being forced, at gunpoint, to respond with a few scorn laughs. Sigh. We need more emojis. However, they weren't entirely scorn laughs because I was honestly laughing at the posts because of the ridiculousness. Hm.

We need facepalm and eyeroll emojis. Emojis that are just "no" and "yes." Hug emoji, an "ew get away" emoji... Forum Elite stamp of approval...

Peeve: when people are bullied into thinking the "laugh" emoji is just for scorn, because it's perfectly fine for "just laughing". 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Peeve: when people are bullied into thinking the "laugh" emoji is just for scorn, because it's perfectly fine for "just laughing". 

My laugh is almost always an actual laugh at something amusing.  People should just use the confused (WTF?) icon more as I do.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

My laugh is almost always an actual laugh at something amusing.  People should just use the confused (WTF?) icon more as I do.  

Same here. 99.99% it is just "a laugh." Context and the poster it is directed at is generally the key. But sometimes ya need that .01%. :)  It's rare I use the WTF? icon, either, but again, sometimes ya just gotta.

On 8/15/2022 at 2:38 AM, Madelaine McMasters said:

Or which end of the sleeve of ice cream cones you open? My ex-hubby insisted on opening the “bottom” end, because you could easily grasp a cone to remove it from the sleeve. I insisted on opening the “top” because it was easy to tuck the plastic sleeve into the next cone when resealing. I’d insert my index and middle fingers into the cone and spread them to grip it for extraction. Easy peasy.

Did I mention he’s my ex-hubby?

...Judge Lindal bangs the gavel. "Divorce granted on the grounds of irreconcilable differences!"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1