1 minute ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Peeve: Not knowing which of the many qualifying threads that was!

That is, I think, literally what it was called. "The Mods Are on Vacation." Or something like that.

It included a very nice picture of a Nepalese flag, and a terrible dad joke about it from Zali.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

That is, I think, literally what it was called. "The Mods Are on Vacation." Or something like that.

It included a very nice picture of a Nepalese flag, and a terrible dad joke about it from Zali.

Peeve: The Mods could do SO much more good than that! * taps foot impatiently *

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rat Luv said:

OK B|

@Paul Hexem Really? 🤩 Where have they gone?

1 hour ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

1 hour ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Peeve: The Mods could do SO much more good than that! * taps foot impatiently *

Peeve: Rules are only rules sometimes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paul Hexem said:

Peeve: Rules are only rules sometimes.

You need to work on your reading comprehension.

We don't have "rules" here, we have "guidelines", one of which says the people who enforce the "guidelines" can re-interpret them anyway they see fit, as and when they feel like it, or just ignore them completely..

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

We don't have "rules" here, we have "guidelines", one of which says the people who enforce the "guidelines" can re-interpret them anyway they see fit, as and when they feel like it, or just ignore them completely..

yayayayaya-ahahah.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

b369eae71eef7aa4f66073cdc006dbed.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

20 hours ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

We don't have "rules" here, we have "guidelines"

And, when one uses a "ruler" to draw straight lines, the ruler is used as a "guide".  The lines which you draw are "guide lines".

Distinguishing between "rules" and "guidelines", is akin to NOT distinguishing between "the letter of the law", and "the spirit of the law".

People love to complain and ask, "what are the rules"? And then, bitterly complain when they get in trouble for not following the guidelines, pretending they shouldn't be expected to follow anything that is not a specific rule.  

Many, many a thread are about that lately!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Peeve: Revisiting code that you THINK is done.

Silly lion, code is never "done". It simply stops where your patience or your ingenuity give out. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1. People who spam local chat with mindless drivel, like using 8 lines just to say brilliant things like "TUUUNE" or "Applause" with all the little cutesy glittery characters around it

2. People who make sims packed with a zillion little animated this or thats which eats up bandwidth

3. Objects in a sim that "talk" in local chat and you can't mute

4. People you don't even know who walk up to you and hit you up for money. i.e. the welfare mentality. Go get your own, loser. (That last one applies to real life as well)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jonny Rudyard said:

People you don't even know who walk up to you and hit you up for money. i.e. the welfare mentality. Go get your own, loser. (That last one applies to real life as well)

Conflating the cases of people in a hobby virtual world who want in-game currency to buy toys, with those who in RL may be homeless, malnourished, disabled, suffer from mental health issues, etc., is just plain dumb, and exhibits an inability to distinguish between the fantastical and the real.

It's also off-topic in these forums, which are only for the discussion of Second Life, which your charming little judgement is not. Please consult the forum guidelines at the top of the list of threads on this forum.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

16 hours ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

I've asked for suggestions in the Roleplay forum for the Tiny Explorers to visit places with a Wild West theme.  No replies.  Are we so scary? :/ 

Maybe all the cowboys are too busy playing pirates. Patience, they'll go back to being cowboys again when a new cowboy movie comes out. *giggles*

I can't remember the last time I went exploring in the old west, myself. I might do soon, just because. If I find any really cool places I'll let you know. ^-^

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, PheebyKatz said:

Maybe all the cowboys are too busy playing pirates. Patience, they'll go back to being cowboys again when a new cowboy movie comes out. *giggles*

I like that! If the cowboys are playing pirates, and the pirates are playing cops and robbers, and the cops and robbers are playing firemen, and the firemen are playing army, and the army are playing astronauts, and the astronauts are playing cowboys!

2 hours ago, Modulated said:

Peeve: People who think it's perfectly ok to vape in a store or shop, because it's not smoking. It isn't smoking, but it's just as annoying and it stinks.  Go outside.

The vapour is sticky, and coats every surface it can land on.  It also goes into other people's lungs, including whatever unregulated crap might be in it.  If I see someone trying their best to produce huge clouds of vapour I tend to suspect them of not being careful enough about what they're inhaling.

• Like 3

I don't want to start a thread to ask this, but I'm curious.

Does anyone using the Black Dragon viewer ever get a false positive when first starting it up after an update, with the SLplugin.exe and IDP.Generic?

I kind of remember this being one of the popular false positives, but it's been so long.. hehehe

Edited by Ceka Cianci

12 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I like that! If the cowboys are playing pirates, and the pirates are playing cops and robbers, and the cops and robbers are playing firemen, and the firemen are playing army, and the army are playing astronauts, and the astronauts are playing cowboys!

I always had to play the Indian, probably because they all got mad at me for correcting their misuse of the word "Indian" all the time.

Then when I had to play the robber in cops n' robbers, they got mad at me for being underhanded!

I tell ya, even back then, kids couldn't agree on anything! At least agree with me.

Peeve: All that stuff I just mentioned.