Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:
18 hours ago, brodiac90 said:

Peeve: Products without demos .... like seriously. 

I 2nd that as a pet peeve -- I can't understand why they don't have a demo as it's not that hard.

Well, it kind of depends on the product. We really need and expect demos for clothing, but demos for lots of other things don't make as much sense.  If I'm buying landscaping items, for example, I will always look for a merchant's in-world shop where I can see what their trees and fence posts look like but I wouldn't expect a merchant to put demo maple trees in Marketplace. Same with animations and a lot of other products.  I'll look for in-world displays but not expect to get a MP demo.

Edited by Rolig Loon
typos. as always.
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
52 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Peeve: Not everyone has a Dx, but sometimes they act like one anyway.  Everyone does have an AH, and they often act like one.

I frequently encounter those in SL (and on the forum) who believe autistic residents are narcissists (which is a pretty big insult given how society views people with NPD). If I see that happening I try to point this out (not by 'outing' them directly in the thread where it's occurring, but by suggesting other dynamics are likely in play), because often those on the spectrum can't help, to varying degrees, how they view reality.

Pet Peeve:  We too easily judge each other.

Edited by Luna Bliss

1 minute ago, Rolig Loon said:
34 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:
18 hours ago, brodiac90 said:

Peeve: Products without demos .... like seriously. 

I 2nd that as a pet peeve -- I can't understand why they don't have a demo as it's not that hard.

Well, it kind of depends on the product. We really need and expect demos for clothing, but demos for lots of other things don't make as much sense.  If I'm buying landscaping items, for example, I will always look for a merchant's in-world shop where I can see what their trees and fence posts look like but I wouldn't expect a merchant to put demo maple trees in Marketplace. Same with animations and a lot of other products.  I'll look for in-world displays but not expect to get a MP demo.

Yes we do need to make that distinction. I only had clothes in mind.

4 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

There is a shop (forgot the name) that has their clothing on models and mannequins so I can readily see what I am buying inworld. If they especially combined that with a clickable color change they have available, I'd be even more likely to buy without a demo as I sometimes already do.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Luna Bliss said:

If I knew what you meant by Bronxelf, Dx, and AH perhaps I could respond  :(

Pet Peeve:  Acronyms and unusual references.

Bronx was a poster, once upon a time, here and at SLU. I miss her wisdom.

Dx is short for diagnosis.

AH.. well the 'H' is short for hole. Can you fill in the rest now?

So, a diagnosis is not a license to [act like] an ass.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Roxy Couturier said:

Bronx was a poster, once upon a time, here and at SLU. I miss her wisdom.

Dx is short for diagnosis.

AH.. well the 'H' is short for hole. Can you fill in the rest now?

So, a diagnosis is not a license to [act like] an ass.

Thanks, I was close in my guess! "Dx" can also mean "distance", as in long-range radio transmissions. 

Posted (edited)

Peeve:  World news made me use X for the first time.
But it was worth it.

I did not know one could log in there with ones Google account.

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

I did not know one could log in there with ones Google account.

Thee are hundreds of things you can auto-login to with a google account, that you'd NEVVER want to log in with, I myself have not auto-logged in using google thousands of times.

7 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Oh come'on say ittttt...don't be so Canadian  :)

Careful, Don't anger them, they might get Canadian on your ass, and club you like a baby ice-hockey player, with a puck dipped in that poo-tain stuff and deep frozen.

Just buy their beer and bacon to appease them, it's better than the American stuff. ;)

• Haha 3

16 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I am Peeved at this!

12 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Oh come'on say ittttt...don't be so Canadian  :)

I know, but I don't want to peeve our very nice mods.

Let's just say that, whatever it was, I lol'ed. A lot. Nearly three dozen times in fact!

2 minutes ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

Just buy their beer and bacon to appease them, it's better than the American stuff. ;)

True this. Reminds me of a Canadian joke about American beer which I may have told here before.

Why is American beer like making love in a canoe?

Because it's ****ing close to water.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

Posted (edited)

True Fact, that actor turned politician, Ernie Weisenheimer or what ever he's called, once played a Canadian.

Here's a pic of him in Traditional Canadian Outdoor Clothing.

219c214795b0edf63f6d2f52966506d275-20-ar

Be afraid, be very afraid!

Edited by Zalificent Corvinus
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Let's just say that, whatever it was, I lol'ed. A lot. Nearly three dozen times in fact!

No clue where you are talking about really, but just three months special holiday for each one of them will be sufficient in my book.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

Tue Fact, that actor turned politician, Ernie weisenheimer or what eer he's called, once played a Canadian.

Here's a pic of him in Traditional Canadian Outdoor Clothing.

219c214795b0edf63f6d2f52966506d275-20-ar

Be afraid, be very afraid!

bf721f58b36d69980d0b41636f1adf0127ea1428

• Haha 5

12 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

No clue where you are talking about really, but just three months special holiday for each one of them will be sufficient in my book

That's nine years.  Will the mobile viewer be ready by then?  Americans are celebrating.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I'm still lolling.

giphy-downsized.gif

Peeve: I've got horrible allergies/sinus issues right now and laughing makes me COUGH. And WHEEZE. *wheezes*

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Jaylinbridges said:

That's nine years.  Will the mobile viewer be ready by then?  Americans are celebrating.

Given the age of the viewer by then, that should be sufficient. No?

Posted (edited)

ummm.. 

22 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I am Peeved that we cannot talk about Good News.

I think my eye orbs just popped out.  

Snapshot_009.thumb.jpg.b8110b3c909c9952275d1e58162258ff.jpg

Edited by Istelathis
Keeping it SL related
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

Careful, Don't anger them, they might get Canadian on your ass, and club you like a baby ice-hockey player, with a puck dipped in that poo-tain stuff and deep frozen.

Does Canada have wild boar? I know  wild boar is guuuuud.

Peeve:

We don't :

Ever leave our sim,

Ever enable voice chat,

Ever update our avatars beyond what we had in 2003,

Ever try new features,

Ever spend money in SL.

Yet feel that our opinions mean ANYTHING in the forums that we vehemently dominate.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

58 minutes ago, Midnoot said:

Peeve:

We don't :

Ever leave our sim,

Ever enable voice chat,

Ever update our avatars beyond what we had in 2003,

Ever try new features,

Ever spend money in SL.

Yet feel that our opinions mean ANYTHING in the forums that we vehemently dominate.

Is that a "royal we"?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1