13 minutes ago, Modulated said:

I got a pair of Sony MDR7506's maybe 2 years ago now. for clarity and playback nothing beats them and they are usually under a hundred bucks. Kinda old school looking but I like that-but definitely quality.

Yeah, the cheaper $99 Sennheiser HD280 headphones which I ordered look about equivalent. Between those and the more expensive HD650 open-backed ones I found cheaper on Amazon, I should be good until I want to get custom in-ear monitors.

Peeve: The sales engineer said I may need a separate headphone amp with the HD650's. We'll see (since my headphone monitor is on a mixer)..and they are also $500 for a good one lol.

Edited by Love Zhaoying

1 hour ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Peeve: just ordered my first "expensive" headphones (open-back for mixing). The sales engineer at the music company recommended them, but then suggested I wait until I try the cheaper closed-back recording headphones first. Their price: $599, Amazon: $317.

Oh yeah, headphones for audio engineering/mixing/mastering are a whole other ball of Play-Doh.

My main issue is I'm always on the hunt for headphones specifically for very, very, very WUBBY deeeeeeeeep bass (I listen to a lot of UK grime, drill, and minimal dubstep) which...well, I know where to go for that - Senns, AT's, AKGs. But I'm cheap and don't want to jump up to the $150-200+ a pair bracket, so I keep ephin' around and findin' out in the $50 price range, and that's SO not the way to go. Even if the headphones are semi-decent, the cables are always complete trash in this price range. 😒 Grrrrr. Peeve.

Time to start saving money, I guessssssssss. 

Edited by Ayashe Ninetails
Grammaring
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Oh yeah, headphones for audio engineering/mixing/mastering are a whole other ball of Play-Doh.

My main issue is I'm always on the hunt for headphones specifically for very, very, very WUBBY deeeeeeeeep bass (I listen to a lot of UK grime, drill, and minimal dubstep) which...well, I know where to go for that - Senns, AT's, AKGs. But I'm cheap and don't want to jump up to the $150-200+ a pair bracket, so I keep ephin' around and findin' out in the $50 price range, and that's SO not the way to go. Even if the headphones are semi-decent, the cables are always complete trash in this price range. 😒 Grrrrr. Peeve.

Time to start saving money, I guessssssssss. 

Yeah, the bass version is $599.

SO I sent a THIRD notecard to the creator about the broken vendor issue that I'd discussed previously here. I'm not very sanguine about getting a response, but we'll see . . .

HOWEVER . . .

In the "My Faith in Humanity Remains Firm" department, today at an event I bought what I thought was a dress for one body from a different store -- only to discover, as had happened in the case above, that it had delivered me an entirely different garment. I shrugged it off, as it wasn't a lot of money (L$188), and I like the work by this creator well enough that I'm actually happy to support her. And in my one exchange with her (on Flickr) she seemed very nice.

Tonight, I got a message from her, and a refund, and she explained that the vendor had "reverted" to the garment it had originally sold. And this was without my asking for it. What's more, this wasn't an automated "update," but a personal IM explaining what had happened.

THAT is lovely customer service.

Although we aren't allowed to "name and shame" here, we can surely praise and acknowledge good work and exemplary customer service when we see it.

The store that dealt with this so well and so graciously was Grasshopper St. And they've earned my continued support.

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Like 13

15 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Tonight, I got a message from her, and a refund, and she explained that the vendor had "reverted" to the garment it had originally sold. And this was without my asking for it. What's more, this wasn't an automated "update," but a personal IM explaining what had happened.

THAT is lovely customer service.

Although we aren't allowed to "name and shame" here, we can surely praise and acknowledge good work and exemplary customer service when we see it.

The store that dealt with this so well and so graciously was Grasshopper St. And they've earned my continued support.

My guess is, somebody else complained so the seller proactively checked on other sales issues.

(Otherwise, how would they know? Without having checked their "what's selling", of course.)

I wonder if this is related to the CasperVend outage?

Edited by Love Zhaoying

10 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

My guess is, somebody else complained so the seller proactively checked on other sales issues.

(Otherwise, how would they know? Without having checked their "what's selling", of course.)

I wonder if this is related to the CasperVend outage?

I'm assuming so -- someone else must have contacted her. In any case, she handled it very well.

Given that this is the second time this has happened to me, I'm wondering if there isn't some sort of glitch happening somewhere. My guess, from her suggestion that it "reverted," is that she'd copied the vendor from the other garment and, or so she thought, reset it for the new garment, but it hadn't saved properly after the change? (Copying and changing is how I often set up the pics for my exhibitions -- except that I'm not using CasperVend. But it's a method prone to error.)

• Like 1

Peeve: When you are on the forum and all of a sudden get 10 scorned laughs or confused reactions within 1 minute.   They obviously did not read any of the content but chose to just reaction bomb all my posts.

*knowing I can see who they are. SMDH.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Modulated said:

Taylor Swift's face-its as annoying as her music.

giphy.gif

Oh no...I hope there aren't any swifties on the forum anymore...there used to be one...man would she be upset.

Pet Peeve: all the fights about celebrities...

3 hours ago, JUSTUS Palianta said:

Too bad for Modulated that SL is attack of the Taylor Swift clones now.

The guy one kind of looks like Eminem. 

heads.jpg

He does kinda like like Eminem,  but the female looks way better than Taylor swift.  . In the pic at least . In world , as usual , free heads from lekutka look weird on their default shape until you do some illusionary skin/ makeup  work and extreme shape editing.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Sam Bellisserian said:

Peeve: When you are on the forum and all of a sudden get 10 scorned laughs or confused reactions within 1 minute.   They obviously did not read any of the content but chose to just reaction bomb all my posts.

That's some creepy, stalker behavior right there.  Surprised?  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Sam Bellisserian said:

Personally, I've mostly seen that happen when someone really gets mad, it means you "got a reaction"!

Weirdly, you and I have interacted enough now that I can't imagine you setting someone off that way unless they were easily "triggered". (I am not intentionally abusing the word, but trying to use it the correct way. Some people hate when you used the word!)

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

That's some creepy, stalker behavior right there.  Surprised? 

It's simply a way of saying "get off my back" after another has done the same. What is given gets returned.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

26 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

It has it moments!  Funny thing is, we can all see who it is since it's info quite easily found by anyone...

https://community.secondlife.com/profile/1500671-sam-bellisserian/

I was sure that would be you. I can't believe it was Luna the minx

Edited by Robberinthemuseum
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Peeve: Wow, it wasn't who I expected!

You can easily see who reacted to what and when.   I might give the same reaction to some people all the time but to go back and specifically target someone?  That's just really weird.  We all know certain people who always give laugh reactions but they don't go back and retroactively seek out one person's content over the span of days or weeks.  That borders on targeted abuse IMO.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1