4 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

Peeve: it's -17C/1F and the power is out.  I am missing Hippiestock AND all the weekend sales.  Internet through my phone is spotty at best.

(This is a first world peeve, but I'm still peeved)

I'd be more peeved at the cold!

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

Peeve: it's -17C/1F and the power is out.  I am missing Hippiestock AND all the weekend sales.  Internet through my phone is spotty at best.

(This is a first world peeve, but I'm still peeved)

Stay warm!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Browsing the internet takes my mind off of the cold!

Staying inside does it for me.  It's pretty, but -2F outside now. Wind chill is expected to drop it to -35F tonight. I'll just sit here by a nice warm computer for the next couple of days.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

Staying inside does it for me.  It's pretty, but -2F outside now. Wind chill is expected to drop it to -35F tonight. I'll just sit here by a nice warm computer for the next couple of days.

Sure but when one has no heat inside due to a power interruption as Cinnamon mentioned and having to huddle over a small heat source like a propane stove while wearing a ski or snowmobile suit, then being able to at least distract oneself is a blessing. The cold is even colder when it is all one is thinking about.

• Like 6

I have to second/third/400th about the rezzing issue. I get sooooooo freaking tired of having to TP out and back to get things in stores to rez, and it's high time the programmers determine the cause of this and freaking SOLVE IT.   Why is it 75% likely that demos will fail to rez???!!! 

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Lysistrata Szapira said:

I have to second/third/400th about the rezzing issue. I get sooooooo freaking tired of having to TP out and back to get things in stores to rez, and it's high time the programmers determine the cause of this and freaking SOLVE IT.   Why is it 75% likely that demos will fail to rez???!!! 

It's extra bad today, I can't get regions to load much at all..

Let alone whatever they did to the forums today.. All the section pages the thread titles look like posts and  just a messy cluttery mess..

I hope it's not staying this way..

Edited by Ceka Cianci

19 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

IM from a friend just now.

"What are you up to tonight? I can think of worse things than dancing with you."

Swept off my feet, I was.

I just snorted the water I was drinking out my nose. Thank you for that 😆

• Haha 4

19 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I didn't see that with MiceCube (but only actually ever caught 1-2 with it).

That one looks good, I'll get one and try it.  I think the key is inspecting regularly.  My infestation is usually in the attic (or 'loft' as we call it in UK) which isn't the easiest place to inspect.

• Like 2

Peeve: Not being able to get in the "Your Avatar" section,for the second day now to see the threads, unless it's through one of my bell notifications to a direct post..

It shows it as temporarily down each time I use that  Your Avatar link.

I can get into most of the other sections in the forums just not the Your Avatar ..

Also is anyone seeing each section where the OP full post is under the thread title like this with the smilies on the right side of the title section?

like this

whattheheckhappened.thumb.png.cf22f07c6156fa12ef920850c5f2670a.png

Where each section used to look nice and clean like the sections page.

Like this.

whattheheck2.thumb.png.13544256c84e86a8ec4005ac2e779fcd.png

If this is a forum update, It's one that is heading in the wrong direction.. The forums are as laggy as the grid on a saturday now..

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

When I go into the People forum, my sub-sections look like that last picture of yours.

I played around with my settings and can't get anything that looks like that first picture -- though I likely just haven't messed with it enough.

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Peeve: Not being able to get in the "Your Avatar" section,for the second day now to see the threads, unless it's through one of my bell notifications to a direct post..

I can get into most of the other sections in the forums just not the Your Avatar ..

Also is anyone seeing each section where the OP full post is under the thread title like this with the smilies on the right side of the title section?

like this

Like this.

If this is a forum update, It's one that is heading in the wrong direction.. The forums are as laggy as the grid on a saturday now..

I've had this happen before and always with the My Avatar section.  Clearing browser cache fixes it sometimes although sometimes I have to do it more than once.  

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

I've had this happen before and always with the My Avatar section.  Clearing browser cache fixes it sometimes although sometimes I have to do it more than once.  

I'll try that and see..

I thought it was them updating the forums the way it would show the site being down temporarily.. hehehe

One day I'm gonna have to come up with a really good recipe for boot and much as I put mine in my mouth.. hehehe

58 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

When I go into the People forum, my sub-sections look like that last picture of yours.

I played around with my settings and can't get anything that looks like that first picture -- though I likely just haven't messed with it enough.

What's strange is. it only does this when I'm logged in to the forums..

they look normal before I log in..

It has to be a forum setting I must have did or something.. I've cleared everything like cookies and  cache and anything else that can be cleared.. I think it may be something in my settings even though I never messed with those either.. lol

58 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

I found what it was.. At the top of each section right next to the "Start a new thread" is the expand and condense buttons..

The only thing I can think of is maybe accidentally clicking one of those buttons when I was on my phone or something.. Because my phone is terrible  when I'm on the forums..

I can go and click on a thread title and it will lag so much that  I'll end up clicking the start thread button because of the gap of what the phone is showing me  compared to where the buttons actually are..

I'm thinking my phone  was showing me a thread title  but the actual links  hadn't caught up to what I was looking at and hit the expand  button, thinking I was hitting a thread title.. lol

that whole thing just drove me nuts trying to figure this out..LOL

The bad thing about the expand button I think is.. you probably end up having to load a lot more content..

So in the avatar section, it crashed because there might be a lot more stuff in that section with all the pictures that get posted there.. That's probably why I couldn't load that one section..

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I found what it was.. At the top of each section right next to the "Start a new thread" is the expand and condense buttons..

The only thing I can think of is maybe accidentally clicking one of those buttons when I was on my phone or something.. Because my phone is terrible  when I'm on the forums..

I can go and click on a thread title and it will lag so much that  I'll end up clicking the start thread button because of the gap of what the phone is showing me  compared to where the buttons actually are..

I'm thinking my phone  was showing me a thread title  but the actual links  hadn't caught up to what I was looking at and hit the expand  button, thinking I was hitting a thread title.. lol

that whole thing just drove me nuts trying to figure this out..LOL

The bad thing about the expand button I think is.. you probably end up having to load a lot more content..

So in the avatar section, it crashed because there might be a lot more stuff in that section with all the pictures that get posted there.. That's probably why I couldn't load that one section..

Is this viewing the Forums on a mobile device? I have intermittent issues when I am looking at the forums from my phone or tablet but it is fine when I am on my desktop.

12 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Is this viewing the Forums on a mobile device? I have intermittent issues when I am looking at the forums from my phone or tablet but it is fine when I am on my desktop.

It's the only thing I can think of, because I hardly ever go around the start thread button..

It's possible I somehow accidentally clicked on it.. But the change didn't happen when I was on the forums.. It happened when I logged in yesterday..

I remember them being fine the last time I was on in the morning.. Then did a whole system scan and clean up like I do every weekend.. then came back and  everything was expanded..

I was on my phone and looking at the forums while the scans were going on because I don't touch anything on my computer while those are going on..

It only happened when I was logged in, So I'm wondering if we can change our forum settings while we are on our phone..

It's a forum setting, so I mean it sounds like we can change things while on our phones.. I'm not on an app when I'm on my phone..I'm using a browser, so I think it would be like being  on my desktop as well or on a different computer using the forums..

Not a system change but a website setting change..

Edited by Ceka Cianci

3 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

like this

Like this.

Ok I just checked this on my phone and see the same issue with the My Avatar section including the "This Community is temporarily unavailable" though I often see it on other sections too randomly . I just rarely bother with it so don't go there often anyway. In general though I find the Mobile site is often slow going from thread to thread unlike when I am on the desktop where it is very snappy but that definitely has been going on a while to where I been tempted to start a thread about it in Forum Feedback except that I was thinking I was the only one because noone else has mentioned it.

1 hour ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Ok I just checked this on my phone and see the same issue with the My Avatar section including the "This Community is temporarily unavailable" though I often see it on other sections too randomly . I just rarely bother with it so don't go there often anyway. In general though I find the Mobile site is often slow going from thread to thread unlike when I am on the desktop where it is very snappy but that definitely has been going on a while to where I been tempted to start a thread about it in Forum Feedback except that I was thinking I was the only one because noone else has mentioned it.

When you are on your phone go to the top of one of the sections and see if it is on expanded or condensed.. Mine runs much better on condensed.. where I think there is a crap more to load when it's on expanded..

Both my phone and the desktop versions run much better now..

22 hours ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

I'd be more peeved at the cold!

I'm praying for the snow to hit us good starting tonight.. Not just because of not wanting to go to work tomorrow, but also because I want everything to be covered when I wake up.. For me those are the best mornings ever.. hehehe

I haven't had a good snow ride in a long time.. Snow rides are even better if they are on a day where you just can't make it to work because of the roads being too slick to go anywhere..:D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ceka Cianci said:

When you are on your phone go to the top of one of the sections and see if it is on expanded or condensed.. Mine runs much better on condensed.. where I think there is a crap more to load when it's on expanded..

Both my phone and the desktop versions run much better now..

Ok, not as convenient and it shouldn't make that sort of difference but more importantly why is the My Avatar section not opening up when I am logged in and does when I am not logged in with the phone?