On 12/31/2023 at 4:59 PM, Eddy Vortex said:

I like your quote so much, I made a poster out of it.

EverythingIsPoop.thumb.png.fc9ecf02bfc3acaaf561072ae91d7077.png

Finally, my genius receives some darn recognition!

Feel free to make a t-shirt out of it, too! :D

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Well, I guess everyone needs a goal

Luckily, I do "other things" lately in both SL and RL too! And post about them even! (RL Music, SL scripting, SL reflection probe testing, SL mobile viewer testing..)  Those are "real" goals.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

*Walks in the room see's the bag and proceeds to shake Louisiana hot sauce  all over the popcorn*

You guys forgot the Hot Sauce!! \o/

I use Tony Chachere Creole seasoning with a little shredded Parmesan.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

There are forum titans?  How is this decided? Number of posts?  Number of likes? The amount of time someone has been active here?  The number of warnings and temp bans some receive?  The number of people who have them blocked?

If you have to announce that you are a hero or villain, you're probably neither.

I am a hero! = I have delusions of grandeur. Won't someone notice me???

I am a villain! = I am trying so hard to be edgy.  Won't someone notice me???

Both kinds of people tend to put out a LOT of bait in the forums just to watch the drama unfold.

Peeve: I'm out of popcorn 🍿 

You left out the ones that pretend to just be the average user (or similar) that in reality like to poke and prod for reactions as subtly as possible, those who have always managed to fly under the radar even while seeking their next drama fix ...

They're not even the 'worst' of the lot here that have managed to somehow remain.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Solar Legion said:

You left out the ones that pretend to just be the average user (or similar) that in reality like to poke and prod for reactions as subtly as possible, those who have always managed to fly under the radar even while seeking their next drama fix ...

They're not even the 'worst' of the lot here that have managed to somehow remain.

I admit to doing this passive prodding at times.  That's when I know its time for a break from everything and everyone.  

Yes, some people do like to toss out things than can be taken two ways and then feign ignorance for themselves or they can say "oh, that wasn't about you.  You're just paranoid or overly sensitive."  Vague-posting is definitely a peeve.  Everyone (except mods) can see this for what it is, but playing dumb works as a defense.  Of course, a lot of flat out "you're an idiot" insults get a pass too.

Since personal attacks and flaming to get a response is subjective, a lot of obvious bad behavior get a pass.  

Edited by Cinnamon Mistwood
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

Yes, some people do like to toss out things than can be taken two ways and then feign ignorance for themselves or they can say "oh, that wasn't about you.  You're just paranoid or overly sensitive."  Vague-posting is definitely a peeve.  Everyone (except mods) can see this for what it is, but playing dumb works as a defense.  Of course, a lot of flat out "you're an idiot" insults get a pass too.

Since personal attacks and flaming to get a response is subjective, a lot of obvious bad behavior get a pass.  

This is why I think it's better the people who will tell you front-on and directly how poorly they think of you and your opinions than the people who do it and try to hide it with a wide range of techniques for plausible deniability.  At least you know where you stand with the first group even if it's unwarranted and nasty of them.

The second group are spineless and their intentions are dishonest in my book.

It's everyone for themselves on this forum though even if it is cackhandedly and heavily moderated.  Very few people stick up for each other here generally.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Gabriele Graves said:

This is why I think it's better the people who will tell you front-on and directly how poorly they think of you and your opinions than the people who do it and try to hide it with a wide range of techniques for plausible deniability.  At least you know where you stand with the first group even if it's unwarranted and nasty of them.

It's everyone for themselves on this forum though even if it is cackhandedly and heavily moderated.  Very few people stick up for each other here generally.

I think it's even worse inworld. I have people on my friendslist who utterly despise me and won't just come out and tell me. They just never say anything.

Cinnamon's post though, I think holds the key to at least having a better experience on the forums. People post "vague" insults, and others call people idiots and get away with it.

So... if someone starts doing the vague insult thing, just call them an idiot. If they get offended, tell them they took it the wrong way.

Nothing will happen. Try it and see!

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Just now, PheebyKatz said:

So... if someone starts doing the vague insult thing, just call them an idiot. If they get offended, tell them they took it the wrong way.

Nothing will happen. Try it and see!

Sadly untrue, only some people can do that and/or it depends on who it is aimed against besides I don't want to play that game.  I abhor it so why would I want engage in it myself?  It isn't the way to a better forum either.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Gabriele Graves said:

Sadly untrue, only some people can do that and/or it depends on who it is aimed against besides I don't want to play that game.  I abhor it so why would I want engage in it myself?  It isn't the way to a better forum either.

You're right, even having a sense of humor about it all is wrong. Ain't it awful? Sucks. What a bummer. I guess I should just give up, huh. No fixing it, it's all gone too far for any hope of recovery. We're all trapped in this nightmare hell, with no hope of escaping it. Poop. Darn.

Wait a minute, this is all starting to sound a lot like Gnosticism.

*looks around to see if there's a Pleroma anywhere*

OMG, this explains absolutely everything! Even why so many people talk about LL like it's Ialdabaoth! Eureka! I have found it!

Yay, I'm enthusiastic again! Thanks!

*bounces*

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Gabriele Graves said:

I've had people stick up for me a number of times over the years. And I stick up for people too. 

2 minutes ago, Bagnu said:

I've had people stick up for me a number of times over the years. And I stick up for people too. 

Remember when everyone wanted to throw you in the trash can, and i was the only one sticking up for you?  Oh the good ole super-conflict wars in the past...  not!

4 minutes ago, PheebyKatz said:

You're right, even having a sense of humor about it all is wrong.

Not at all, having a sense of humour about things is healthy.

4 minutes ago, Bagnu said:

I said "very few", not "nobody".

On 12/30/2022 at 9:49 PM, Rowan Amore said:

Update...My husband came home yesterday afternoon.  He's feeling much better and was released with equipment he should have received when he was in the hospital last month.  Hopefully, this will prevent another trip to the ER.

Mom was accepted at a 5 star skilled nursing/rehab center just a few minutes from home.  We did have to wait around all day yesterday until almost 1am this morning for a transport to be available for the 10 minute ride from the hospital.  After two 12 hour days at the hospital, I'm just glad she's somewhere safe and close.  

Here's hoping the New Year brings her back home soon.

This is why we need a hug emote. I hate not having a hug emote right now. I'll count that as Peeve 1.

I had a Peeve 2, but I forgot what it was. I'll count that as Peeve 2.

Edit: Right after posting that, I remembered Peeve 2, so that counts as Peeve 3, and now the original Peeve 2 shall be Peeve 4.

Peeve 4: Every time I update Firestorm, they release another update.

*sighs*

Edited by PheebyKatz
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Gabriele Graves said:

Peeve: I think your opinion on this is dumb!!

On 12/30/2022 at 10:49 PM, Rowan Amore said:

Update...My husband came home yesterday afternoon.  He's feeling much better and was released with equipment he should have received when he was in the hospital last month.  Hopefully, this will prevent another trip to the ER.

Mom was accepted at a 5 star skilled nursing/rehab center just a few minutes from home.  We did have to wait around all day yesterday until almost 1am this morning for a transport to be available for the 10 minute ride from the hospital.  After two 12 hour days at the hospital, I'm just glad she's somewhere safe and close.  

Here's hoping the New Year brings her back home soon.

I just saw this quoted and then saw it was a year ago. I hope the year went better than the above!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, PheebyKatz said:

This is why we need a hug emote. I hate not having a hug emote right now. I'll count that as Peeve 1.

I had a Peeve 2, but I forgot what it was. I'll count that as Peeve 2.

Edit: Right after posting that, I remembered Peeve 2, so that counts as Peeve 3, and now the original Peeve 2 shall be Peeve 4.

Peeve 4: Every time I update Firestorm, they release another update.

*sighs*

Oh please Nooo, Not a hug emote!! \o/

Hugs in SL are like someone saying Hun or sweeties or this,

l3q2Vc7xmdjdgATDO.webp

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I just saw this quoted and then saw it was a year ago. I hope the year went better than the above!

Somewhat better?

My husband hasn't had any more episodes since last Christmas so that was a blessing.

My mother, although in fairly good health for someone who just turned 88 on Christmas Eve, has remained at the skilled nursing facility.  She never regained her ability to walk and bringing her home wasn't feasible.  Since rehab was not making any progress, Medicare ceased her coverage at the end of Feb.  I spent the next 6 months with an attorney liquidating her assets in the proper way to ensure Medicaid would pick up her coverage.

A warning to those older forum users.  Medicare does not pay for extended care (nursing homes).  Most private insure has limits.  Medicaid will pay 100% if you spend down assets and do it properly.  Plan ahead!  The average cost of care for a year in my area is $96,000.

• Thanks 5
  • Sad 7

1 hour ago, Rowan Amore said:

My mother, although in fairly good health for someone who just turned 88 on Christmas Eve, has remained at the skilled nursing facility.  She never regained her ability to walk and bringing her home wasn't feasible.  Since rehab was not making any progress, Medicare ceased her coverage at the end of Feb.  I spent the next 6 months with an attorney liquidating her assets in the proper way to ensure Medicaid would pick up her coverage.

My own soon to be 88 year old mother had a fall about 7 months ago and broke her hip (osteoporosis) and the prognosis was not good but I got her to start imagining herself exercising and walking even when she couldn't and after a few days then extending to weeks, she started being able to move more and more and start to walk with the aid of walkers. She is now able to walk mostly unaided though balance sometimes still remains as a bit of an issue. 

Shortly before her fall I had met a retired Physiotherapist who was still quite actively researching and she had mentioned how in her experience that it was the nerves and pathways between the brain and the musculature that break down more so then muscles and tendons and that by imaging walking etc. those pathways reactivate and relearn simply by imagining oneself walking as the electrical signals from the brain try to trigger the muscles and tendons to activate and eventually do.

My mother now walks mostly unaided and without limps or visible signs that she broke her hip only a few months back and credits the imagining as having given her her mobility back to the extent it has as it kept her motivated and and exercising to regain it.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

@Arielle Popstar That was good to read, and makes sense, and hooray for your mother's recovery. :)   I don't know if it works for getting slimmer but I could try.  My peeve is that, having lost a stone last year (through medical treatment, not my own efforts) I'm now putting it back on as a side-effect of a current treatment.  I shouldn't really complain perhaps as it could save my life but I was just starting to feel the pleasure of trouser waists becoming too big for me.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1