8 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Peeve: Getting two jars of Kimchi, while never having Kimchi before, but getting two jars anyways because, Fermented foods are good gut food..

Then opening one of the jars in the house.. Moments later seeing my husband smelling the dogs and coming into the kitchen.. I think the dogs brought something  around the house!

I already tasted some and really couldn't smell or taste anything bad at first.. Then after a bit I was like, OMG It's the Kimchi?

I closed the jar and then looked at my husband and was like, Is it supposed to be like that?

He yelled, How in the hell would I know, I never even heard of whatever that is..

Is this normal for Kimchi or did I get a bad batch?

I mean even the boys came in and  it hit them right away.. I could open that jar right now and send the whole house into a fit.. hehehe

When I got it , I thought well if I don't like it at first, I can try to acquire a taste for it like a lot of things that are supposed to be good for you.. But I think I met my match with kimchi.. Or maybe it's the brand or different mixes or something..

This one just doesn't seem like it's right or it's just not for us or something.. That or I'm doing something wrong! \o/

I want to like it but I don't know.. Have any of you had Kimchi before?

This is the brand

JON101_580x.webp.c7e5270ffa4be38d69fe5704ce4dcff3.webp

Before we moved, our downstairs neighbor would make kimchi a couple of times a month. They moved out, new neighbors moved in... kimchi made at least once a week. 

It's enough to make you wish it had been a dead skunk in the middle of the road.

Edited by Silent Mistwalker
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

15 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

Before we moved, our downstairs neighbor would make kimchi a couple of times a month. They moved out, new neighbors moved in... kimchi made at least once a week. 

It's enough to make you wish it had been a dead skunk in the middle of the road.

That had to be rough being right above them..

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I just wanted to try it because it looked like it would be good..

Let's check the tick boxes.

1. Foreign

2. "regional Speciality"

3. "It's supposed to be good for you"

The three "red flags" that tell you that whatever you're about to try is going to look, smell and taste like a dying anteater marinated it's crap in some liquid left behind by a tribe of incontinent badgers, and then fermented in a compost heap.

10 hours ago, Luna Bliss said:

just checked and yeah Kimchi has fermented anchovies in it

It's Korean "garum", the stuff the Romans used to put on EVVERYTHING. The UK has a liquid version, Worcestershire Sauce. All three are VILE.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Not even beer?

There is fermented and fermented. It is not a religion that I don't eat strongly fermented stuff. :D

BTW, I like beer but I don't drink it, because of my diabetes.
Peeve: Alcohol can have a tricky outcome and cause a hypo. I don't find it worth the risk.

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

It's Korean "garum", the stuff the Romans used to put on EVVERYTHING. The UK has a liquid version, Worcestershire Sauce. All three are VILE.

Caramelised onions with a splash of Worcestershire sauce makes the tastiest hamburger topping ever though. Heck you don't even need the hamburger, just end them frying at a high heat so they come out crisp and they're a tastier snack than any potato crisp could ever dream to aspire to!

1 hour ago, Robberinthemuseum said:

Did you know that most Koreans have no ass hair or body odor?

Then where do they keep their dingleberries? 

.. Eyes the Kimchi jar suspiciously

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Orwar said:

Caramelised onions with a splash of Worcestershire sauce makes the tastiest hamburger topping ever though. Heck you don't even need the hamburger, just end them frying at a high heat so they come out crisp and they're a tastier snack than any potato crisp could ever dream to aspire to!

.. Eyes the Kimchi jar suspiciously

Check your mom's handvaska 😆

3 hours ago, Orwar said:
5 hours ago, Robberinthemuseum said:

Did you know that most Koreans have no ass hair or body odor?

Peeve: Checking the population of Korea for ass hair and body odor sounds like the "worst job ever".

"Found one! This guy stinks!"

"Found one! This guy has 'Klingons'!"

6 hours ago, Robberinthemuseum said:

Peeve:

Everyone, I live in Korea and I'm becoming a bit offended 😅. Did you know that most Koreans have no ass hair or body odor? I understand kimchi is smelly but it is a national symbol and can you imagine Koreans going on about your stinky cheesy bodies? They don't 😜

I was born in Chicago, you guys can talk about Packer fans as bad as you want! \o/

hehehehe

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Robberinthemuseum said:

Peeve:

Everyone, I live in Korea and I'm becoming a bit offended 😅. Did you know that most Koreans have no ass hair or body odor? I understand kimchi is smelly but it is a national symbol and can you imagine Koreans going on about your stinky cheesy bodies? They don't 😜

My downstairs neighbors were not Korean.

8 hours ago, Robberinthemuseum said:

Peeve:

Did someone say Koreans smelled?  Kimchi smells.  So do brussel sprouts.  No one says Belgians smell.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1