• Moles
14 hours ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Yes much easier to quietly sweep it under the carpet in the Jira then from the forums.

If you have a feature request or want to report a bug with something, then you should submit a jira about it, which guarantees it will at least be seen by the relevant Lindens.    By all means discuss it in the forums first, but don't ping Lindens in your posts in the hope that they'll see your post and act on it -- they won't.  Nothing can happen unless you first submit a jira.

If you want to discuss your feature request with the relevant Lindens before submitting it, then you should do that at the relevant in-world user group meeting, where you're sure to find the people who'll be dealing with the feature request if and when you later submit it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Katherine Heartsong said:
On 10/28/2023 at 9:52 AM, Rat Luv said:

Press it and see what happens :)

Don't.

It's a button that will TP a random sock from someone's washer or dryer to yours. You get a free sock, they get the "Where's the other darn sock?" moment.

If there's a teenage male in your house, and his socks end up missing a lot, best not to grill him on it.

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Quartz Mole said:

Nothing can happen unless you first submit a jira.

So .. To make a feature request for an alternative means to make a suggestion/bug report to JIRA, based on how it's incomprehensible for mere immortals such as I .. I would have to submit a JIRA?

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952loxiqbkjjr99u1331c3

Good thing I seldom have any good ideas!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Moles
32 minutes ago, Orwar said:

So .. To make a feature request for an alternative means to make a suggestion/bug report to JIRA, based on how it's incomprehensible for mere immortals such as I .. I would have to submit a JIRA?

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952loxiqbkjjr99u1331c3

Good thing I seldom have any good ideas!

It's not difficult.

1) Go to https://jira.secondlife.com/secure/Dashboard.jspa.   If necessary, log in with your Second Life username and password.

2) Click the Create button (top of the page, at the right).

363f27ce3e20574d9cdddb0a8bfe8d6e.png

3) This opens the Create Issue window.

Select Bug Project (BUG) from the project drop down (if it's not already showing)

Select "New Feature Request" from the Issue Type drop down (if it's not already showing).

Fill in the rest of the form and click "Create".

30c7c13542f57b7d03c442c308fef92b.png

Edited by Quartz Mole
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4

3 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

If there's a teenage male in your house, and his socks end up missing a lot, best not to grill him on it.

One of the recent threads.. Maybe one of the threads about guys or maybe even this one..

Someone mentioned that they remember boys smelling like feet..

I'm thinking we are getting close to figuring out why.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Peeve: When you ask Alexa to add "Griller Patties" to your shopping list (which you add all the time), and she adds "Dill Panties".

Just as a test, I looked on Amazon for "Dill Panties" and of course, it's a thing.

Peeved. 

Why one of those spy devices will never be in my house.  My daughter had one --- but my hubs kept asking to make fart noises and she finally tossed it in the rubbish! :D

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Quartz Mole said:

If you have a feature request or want to report a bug with something, then you should submit a jira about it, which guarantees it will at least be seen by the relevant Lindens.    By all means discuss it in the forums first, but don't ping Lindens in your posts in the hope that they'll see your post and act on it -- they won't.  Nothing can happen unless you first submit a jira.

If you want to discuss your feature request with the relevant Lindens before submitting it, then you should do that at the relevant in-world user group meeting, where you're sure to find the people who'll be dealing with the feature request if and when you later submit it.

Thank you for answering my question(s) as well. That seems pretty clear to me now.

• Like 2

On 11/2/2023 at 2:35 PM, Quartz Mole said:

Thanks Quartz, I did attend Open Development meetings for a few years until after Oz left the Lab. Interesting but also where I found out Jira's were not readily accepted even if the idea was good and Lindens saw the benefit of it. The always ready justification of not enough developers to even do minor features or enhancements was often used to kill ideas just in the meetings, never mind it actually making it to a convincing Jira that almost required the author to write the patch themselves if it was to be looked at with any real seriousness. The meetings to my mind became more of an Info session where residents were told what the Lab was planning rather then being an open discussion of additional or alternative ideas.  

I've not personally used the ping function to ever call any specific Linden and cringe when others do but in their defence up to recent times, one or more Lindens did used to come in the Forum to expand on new policies or explain why something was being done the way it was and thereby averted some of the more toxic postings. That I notice is no longer the case other then for the forum itself and mostly after the fact and is in my opinion why some of the threads are a reflection of the frustration and exasperation sometimes being expressed by forum posters as it relates to Secondlife's virtual world. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Marigold Devin said:

Peeve: That it walks like a narcissist, talks like a narcissist, yet somehow I wasted three plus hours of my life with it last night when I could have been enjoying the forums fun instead. 

OUCH!! On a Friday night too.. That's like wasting double special time, than if it happened during a week night where you have to work tomorrow!! \o/

A Narcissist just looks forward to wrecking your night! don;t let them in your head, they love that.. Cut'em short, they really hate that.. Them farging iceholes.

I had something similar happen, but Mine was kind of in the opposite direction.. Someone TP me to their sim because they wanted to take some pictures today, but wanted me to come there so we could plan out the shots last night..

All I did was watch them walk in some animation in circles around me, then every 5 minutes it felt like, I would see if they were still there  by asking a question like, So did you want to talk about the shots or lay out some backgrounds or something? Then get a short response like, Yes.

Then after, trying to get blood out of a turnip for what felt like an hour in real time, They started to do some silly emotes where they slapped my butt or did something that was about touching me.. Finally I just poofed out of there.. I started to think to myself, It's Friday night, what am I doing here?!

It felt so life sucking.. Out of all the preverts that exist.. I think the Snail Preverts are the most life sucking time consuming preverts of them all..

I wonder what their impact is on the environment from how many bushes they have beaten around.. I wish they would just get to the point rather than work up the courage after an hour or so of acting like there is another reason we are there..

All I'm gonna do is poof on them, What are they so scared of that they have to take an hour sucking up the life of others?

• Thanks 3

6 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

OUCH!! On a Friday night too.. That's like wasting double special time, than if it happened during a week night where you have to work tomorrow!! \o/

A Narcissist just looks forward to wrecking your night! don;t let them in your head, they love that.. Cut'em short, they really hate that.. Them farging iceholes.

I had something similar happen, but Mine was kind of in the opposite direction.. Someone TP me to their sim because they wanted to take some pictures today, but wanted me to come there so we could plan out the shots last night..

All I did was watch them walk in some animation in circles around me, then every 5 minutes it felt like, I would see if they were still there  by asking a question like, So did you want to talk about the shots or lay out some backgrounds or something? Then get a short response like, Yes.

Then after, trying to get blood out of a turnip for what felt like an hour in real time, They started to do some silly emotes where they slapped my butt or did something that was about touching me.. Finally I just poofed out of there.. I started to think to myself, It's Friday night, what am I doing here?!

It felt so life sucking.. Out of all the preverts that exist.. I think the Snail Preverts are the most life sucking time consuming preverts of them all..

I wonder what their impact is on the environment from how many bushes they have beaten around.. I wish they would just get to the point rather than work up the courage after an hour or so of acting like there is another reason we are there..

All I'm gonna do is poof on them, What are they so scared of that they have to take an hour sucking up the life of others?

Thank you, for all of that. Gives me strength.

To make it worse, I had forgotten it was Friday night because I had changed my schedule around and had been working unpaid since 9am. 

They just give you complete and utter brain fog these energy-stealing, immature, unfixable, unlikeable wretches. 

Can't fix him, can't kill him, CAN use the ignore feature LOL (not on here, he's from real life but on Facebook) - he said to me "Let me give you something",... long pause ... and then gave me his phone number and I'm like, WTF am I supposed to do with that, because I need a record of this conversation because I cannot believe yet again I have gone and fallen foul of another narcissist. 

Is it a disease that's spreading, narcissism, because they sure do seem to be popping up all over the place lately. 

Pet delight: That it is Saturday, I have glorious quiet time, and plenty of reading material. I am actually relieved the bonfire party was cancelled this evening because of the torrential rain we've been having.

And I have cake. The world is always better with cake :) 

Edited by Marigold Devin
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Marigold Devin said:

Thank you, for all of that. Gives me strength.

To make it worse, I had forgotten it was Friday night because I had changed my schedule around and had been working unpaid since 9am. 

They just give you complete and utter brain fog these energy-stealing, immature, unfixable, unlikeable wretches. 

Can't fix him, can't kill him, CAN use the ignore feature LOL (not on here, he's from real life but on Facebook - he said to me "Let me give you something",... long pause ... and then gave me his phone number and I'm like, WTF am I supposed to do with that, because I need a record of this conversation because I cannot believe yet again I have gone and fallen foul of another narcissist. 

Is it a disease that's spreading, narcissism, because they sure do seem to be popping up all over the place lately. 

Pet delight: That it is Saturday, I have glorious quiet time, and plenty of reading material. I am actually relieved the bonfire party was cancelled this evening because of the torrential rain we've been having.

And I have cake. The world is always better with cake :) 

We just see more of them  because the internet gives them a place to grandstand and be seen more than before.. So it just seems like there are more of them.. It's that whole, louder crowd  gets heard more, but isn't really a big part of the crowd..

There is a guy at work that is the loudest guy there and always makes these silly sounds.. I guess he likes to get reactions out of people, because he's always laughing when people react.. But he's the only one doing that.. he gets the attention he's looking for though.. hehehe

He is funny though too.. Everyone calls him Loco, which most of the people there speak Spanish..

They say to me, He is so Loco, then do that thing where they twirl their index finger  at the side of their head..  hehehe

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 11/2/2023 at 2:35 PM, Quartz Mole said:

This seems to me an eminently sensible procedure.

1) Discuss it here, on the forums, and get feedback about possible pros and cons, as well as elaborations or suggestions.

2) Make sure it gets on to LL's radar by raising it in person at a user's group meeting

3) Take all that feedback, and turn it into a JIRA.

The main snag I see is that it can sometimes be difficult to get heard at user group meetings: they are long, noisy, and tend to be dominated by those who attend frequently. Sometimes comments and queries there just get lost. In my experience, anyway.

Overall, though, this seems a good plan.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Moles
1 hour ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

This seems to me an eminently sensible procedure.

1) Discuss it here, on the forums, and get feedback about possible pros and cons, as well as elaborations or suggestions.

2) Make sure it gets on to LL's radar by raising it in person at a user's group meeting

3) Take all that feedback, and turn it into a JIRA.

The main snag I see is that it can sometimes be difficult to get heard at user group meetings: they are long, noisy, and tend to be dominated by those who attend frequently. Sometimes comments and queries there just get lost. In my experience, anyway.

Overall, though, this seems a good plan.

There's no need, of course, to attend the user group meetings before submitting a jira request or report. 

But if someone is thinking of submitting a request and wants to discuss it with the Lindens who will be dealing with it, that's the way to do it.   Pinging them in the forums won't do any good.  

• Like 3

On 11/4/2023 at 5:38 PM, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Problem with the user group sort of meetings is that people think they can go to one and all will be resolved. It can take going multiple times and throwing up the topic when the opportunity presents itself and just taking part in general even just as a concerned consumer resident with no knowledge of coding or a business acumen as it regards the SL economy in general. That's for the Lindens to sort out how to code something into the platform. The concerned consumer resident just needs to soften them up to the need.

I think it helps too if you have a group of likeminded individuals attending because numbers matter even if they pretend it doesn't. Don't be swayed by know it all's telling you it can't be done because it can. It is amazing what can be accomplished when somebodies paycheque starts to depend on it. The development of the mobile viewer is a case in point. When I first started attending those meetings I was told by quite a few that it couldn't be done and that Lumiya was just some sort of fluke that the Lindens couldn't repeat but though it has taken time, it is finally looking like they are coming up with something which might actually be better than Lumiya is. 

Rinse and repeat the comments and queries until everyone knows them all by heart :)

Ps- not directed at you Scylla, just used your comment to launch from.

• Like 1