1 hour ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

My PC never came with a hard copy of Windows and has no DVD-Rom. I've got a digital license. So, I downloaded the media creation tool from Microsoft and used it to create a Windows boot disc on a USB flash drive. That's what you'd use to reinstall Windows. No DVD needed.

Why didn't I think of that? I mean I knew of it, but just didn't think about it at the time.. hehehe

I also just remembered something important that I forgot to do.. We have a bunch of family pictures on dvd that I was supposed to put on our external hard drive.. DOH! \o/ I better do that today, because now that I thought of it, the computer will pick up on my thoughts and die tomorrow.. hehehe

• Like 3

Peeve: Can't sleep so working on scripting instead.

(Already took the girl husky for an extra long walk.)

On the plus side, I'll probably make some progress.

Peeve2: Spent hours earlier today on a stupid JSON bug that turned out to require explicitly typecasting a JSON specifier to integer (or it created a new JSON_OBJECT instead of using the specifier as an index).  I thought I was over that kind of bug a long time ago, but guess I don't "update" JSON array elements very often.

Peeve: One of my favorite pieces of abandoned land got purchased, and they put up security.

Now I have to write them a whole notecard explaining that I didn't know anyone had rented that place, and that I had only landed there and triggered their security by accident, as I had no idea of anything and had assumed it was just some old abandoned land somewhere. And complaining about their landscaping being less than professional. I'll probably end up giving them a bunch of free guns or something, but whatever.

• Like 1

Peeve: when you've sorted through the gifts from an event, unpacked 50 things, looked at 50 things, deleted 48 things, and sorted 2 things, and then toss the boxes, scripts, and folders of the stuff you didn't keep. And then you feel like you've done a good little bit of work .. But then there's 3 more event gifts folders to sort through. 

To say that it isn't worth the time or effort would indeed be an argument with some merit, but then ..

c02a005a283f254a0c4e1c03b1ea5080.png

I'd never actually pay to own it, but it's a pretty knick-knack to clutter my home with. And I do like pretty knick-knacks (of course you're going to have to bathe in molten lead for it to float!). 

Also, between inventory tidying and fishing, there's 3 fewer episodes of House MD on my watch-list. I'm going to need there to be a few more days in each week if I'm ever to catch up with my watch-list.

• Like 5

Peeve: and let me preface this by saying. I understand some people can't afford top-of-the-line computers, and I have friends and even a partner who has a potato of a PC. But the thing that truly bugs me is when you have people with toasters going to events at the beginning of it, and basically taking up space by waiting for everything to load in. To the point that they will literally get their daily RL routine done. Like that seems really selfish and they know that if they wait for things to die down. They can just go without all the issues. That being said, people who also treat events as social areas and spend multiple hours talking and basically doing nothing. Like yeah, we know you are shopping. But here is an idea, get in get your stuff, and get out. You can literally demo at home and come back and grab the stuff you want. 

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Peeve: When I was a cub, we didn't have "Influencers", we only had "UNfluencers" - people who set a bad example so you wouldn't end up in jail or worse.

It's hard to tell the difference, TBH.

To add to your peeve without augmenting the peeve: Kurt Vonnegut Jr. used "Wrang Wrang" as the terminology for those who steered one in the opposite direction of the bad example presented to one, in the book "Cat's Cradle."

I'd have been peeved if I'd have let the opportunity to invoke "Cat's Cradle"  pass me by, so now I don't have to be peeved, and for that (hopefully small) indulgence I thank you.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Pre-peeve: So is Christmas.

Oh, that reminds me - high time to go on an epic adventure to find the best Christmas tree in SL!

Pops on Twisted Sister's Oh Come All Ye Faithful and zips off to the MP.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Ceka Cianci said:

And they started them all so much sooner than they should have.. We'll be in the holidays for  6 months now.. lol

Omg, I know. People doing all the Christmas in July nonsense and then yapping about pumpkin spice in August. Just staaaaahhhhhp already omggggggggg.

1 hour ago, Orwar said:

Oh, that reminds me - high time to go on an epic adventure to find the best Christmas tree in SL!

Pops on Twisted Sister's Oh Come All Ye Faithful and zips off to the MP.

I'm not afraid to admit that Christmas is my most hated holiday. I've decorated once or twice in SL for the yolos (mostly because I have so much holiday food, I needed something to do with it), but I don't actually celebrate anything anyway. All it does is get in the way of better sales and cuter products IMO. Ugh, and all the horrible singing. Ugh. Not even The Hoff can make it bearable. Bring back summer, plz.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I do not decorate for seasons or holidays in SL anymore, but when I rented out parcels on a quarter region I did. Once I had a party with gifts under my tree.

I put down boxed gifts with transferable items, then let everyone take one. Happy Hippo & some other places had gift exchanges too, where creators could put down items for other group members. Maybe we're jaded with all the gifts we get now, but silly gifts can be fun in a group.

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Peeve: People complain about homeless people being near stores or libraries in reviews, yet no one says anything about folks pushing their religion in front of stores or libraries.

I mean both are unsightly, but it is far easier to detect a homeless person than it is a religious person. That being said, I really don't see a problem with either person. I mean maybe instead of closing homeless shelters, and basically putting them out on the streets or even the fact that these shelters are overflowing. Thanks COVID. Then there wouldn't be homeless people on the street or in front of stores. But to add to that, I usually just say to the religious people, no thank you I am good. But back to the homeless quandary, my province also closed a lot of psychiatric hospitals. Which created a massive influx of homeless people who need a facility to be able to help them. Nope, they put them on the streets, and drug dealers take advantage of them. Then we have homeless refugees and no room to house them. But we keep on bringing them in. 

• Like 2