Pet Peeve:  Not another guy misbehaving!  Although, certainly we need a trial to know for sure. But accusations by 5 women does not look good!

I was kind of starting to like Russell..thinking maybe he was a bad boy who redeemed himself, started getting into healthy eating and beneficial kinds of spiritual beliefs like ....love, treating all with kindness..

But now this....sigh.

Personally I don't think it has anything to do with "the woke media" as someone mentioned earlier, cause the media sure went after Bill Clinton!

• Like 1

On 9/17/2023 at 11:54 AM, Leora Greenwood said:

Please let us know how well they work; I have been interested in trying some like those.

I just came home from work and mine were in.. I charged them until the light went out and as soon as I downloaded the app and opened it, it started playing my play list.

I have to say I really am impressed with the sound and how comfy they are.. I tried putting them over my ears because at first it felt like my ears were just picking up the sound , but when I put them over my ears they didn't sound good at all..

Putting them right back outside and they sound so good.. The ones I got have a bass option too and it really adds to it.. Some songs it's like a massage on your temples right outside your ear.. hehehe

These are going to be so perfect for work I think.. 

If the more expensive set sounds better I may go with those, but these sound really good and I really like how comfy they are.. they are so light and I can even here myself typing and I have them turned up too.. hehehehe

Another thing I like it  the pause button.. it's the left head.. you just press it and it pauses what's playing..

Also you can take phone calls with it if you want, which I'm not going to be doing, but I'm sure that works for some people..

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

29 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

Peeve: when someone doesn't like a thread and instead of just leaving it, they want to decide for others what can be discussed or read. It's passive censorship simply because they don't have the self-control to not comment or read.

Peeve: Netnannys yeah!  After doing all that then they report the thread and disturb the poor moderators.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

Peeve: when someone doesn't like a thread and instead of just leaving it, they want to decide for others what can be discussed or read. It's passive censorship simply because they don't have the self-control to not comment or read.

10 hours ago, Luna Bliss said:

Peeve: Netnannys yeah!  After doing all that then they report the thread and disturb the poor moderators.

We've learned now that if we see a thread we don't like we can just spam in it and the mods will lock it. 

I'm sure if I spammed here the thread will be locked instead of my posts deleted. Right?

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Paul Hexem said:

We've learned now that if we see a thread we don't like we can just spam in it and the mods will lock it. 

I'm sure if I spammed here the thread will be locked instead of my posts deleted. Right?

You've only just now learned this?

Its actually the multiple reports that get the thread locked. The "Spam" as you put it - I assume you mean "off topic posts" - just draws more reports.

Thank you for coming to my TED talk.

Peeve: When someone missed the memo over hundreds of threads.

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, Paul Hexem said:

And I am thinking we should. Residents are obviously in control and this topic has had way too long of a run.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

You've only just now learned this?

Its actually the multiple reports that get the thread locked. The "Spam" as you put it - I assume you mean "off topic posts" - just draws more reports.

Thank you for coming to my TED talk.

Peeve: When someone missed the memo over hundreds of threads.

Aren't you the one that does the multiple reporting though?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Paul Hexem said:
12 hours ago, Luna Bliss said:

I don't think it's as much spamming a thread that gets a thread locked -- it's when we start to argue. It was the arguing over the use of the word 'incel' that caused it to get locked, IMO. You were partially responsible for that.

Pet Peeve: the difficulties humans have when attempting to communicate, when communication is so important, and those who grief/troll in order to thwart effective communication

Edited by Luna Bliss
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Paul Hexem said:

/me resists the urge to say ...

*** DO IT *** DO IT *** DO IT ***

😂

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Arielle Popstar said:

And I am thinking we should. Residents are obviously in control and this topic has had way too long of a run.

I quite like it, when it's just someone venting, and then a couple of innocuous supportive comments. I hate it when it becomes too ... political or personal.

But I don't make the rules. 

Peeve: That I don't make the rules 

Tee hee

• Like 4

Peeve: The unfortunate tendency for people in a crowd to blame each other for starting a fight (or keeping it going) when it's clear that everybody did it. 🙄

Unpeeve: I saw myself in the mirror again this  morning, so I must still be here and there's another day of fall weather ahead.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Marigold Devin said:

Another peeve: Why is the media making such a big deal about Russell Brand (Who? - was married to Katie Perry for a brief spell, but generally a British comedian/TV presenter, always off his face on something more than just being high on life.) Apparently he is under fire because of the way he has treated women in the past, Channel 4 have just dropped all his programmes. 

Women who go out with Russell Brand know what he is like already because he is such a high-profile person here. What on earth were they expecting? 

Probably because of the previous relatively recent ones - Jimmy Saville and that  top Hollywood guy who is now in jail. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:
14 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

Peeve: People who must shut down legitimate discourse in order to force their beliefs/morals/ethics on everyone else.

Sometimes I think it's also when a person wants to feel powerful, when in other parts of their life they feel powerless.

Ima report your post here and feel a surge of power yeah!!!!!!!!!!    This coffee isn't energizing me enough....    :)

Oh, pet peeve:   Need more caffeine...have to get up and make more coffee.

Edited by Luna Bliss
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Sometimes I think it's also when a person wants to feel powerful, when in other parts of their life they feel powerless.

I notice that when certain people fail in their attempt to disparage others, they probably report their own posts and any replies to that post and then scream for a lock.  It's happened enough to see a pattern.

• Like 4