1 hour ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Wow! So those glasses go to the trash. There is absolutely no reason for anything you wear to have that high of an ARC. We're not living in tortured prims and sculpty days anymore.

Neveeeeeeeeer!

They're fully animated cyberpunk glasses that have neon lights (changeable via HUD) that travel along thin wires. Wouldn't give them up for anyyyything.

They might become a "photos only" accessory, but I'm definitely not trashing something that looks so awesome.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Neveeeeeeeeer!

They're fully animated cyberpunk glasses that have neon lights (changeable via HUD) that travel along thin wires. Wouldn't give them up for anyyyything.

They might become a "photos only" accessory, but I'm definitely not trashing something that looks so awesome.

Oh, animated cyberpunk glasses are another thing than just glasses. I'm sure there are some lower ARC ones out there though.

2 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Oh, animated cyberpunk glasses are another thing than just glasses. I'm sure there are some lower ARC ones out there though.

None that look this cute!

fe3acd762da78b5047e85e86a20c8dd2.png

I've got other animated neon glasses. They don't hit right for this outfit, tho.

Speaking of which, the jumpsuit isn't innocent in all this, either. 68,928 on its own. Peeeeeveeee (but too cute to caaaaare)!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

smallsassy.thumb.JPG.470e9e1fca925de3db4497805c2d8233.JPG

On 9/8/2023 at 9:34 AM, Silent Mistwalker said:

Peeve 1: Humans

Peeve 2: Cats who open doors so that my bedroom is too warm to sleep. It's not funny when I have to constantly get up all night long to close that door, every night, for months but I'm sure many will laugh at my pain as usual and say I have no right to be grumpy.

On 9/8/2023 at 10:36 AM, Rowan Amore said:

At our old house, our bedroom door didn't latch properly.  Old house.  We had the same issue with the dang cat coming in and annoying us while we slept.  Hook and eye latch did the trick.  At our current house with our current cat, we put on of those pet doors on our bedroom door so she can go in and out whenever.  She used to hide under the bed and want out in the middle of the night.  Now, I don't have to worry about if she's in there when I go to bed.

On 9/8/2023 at 10:40 AM, Emma Krokus said:

Peeve: Rowan's cats not scratching the door to bits and pulling up the carpet when they couldn't get through the old door... AND so MY cat is still waking us up.

I'd love to get a pet door, only I like my very beautiful panelled doors too much... 

On 9/8/2023 at 11:09 AM, Rowan Amore said:

We took the door part off of it eventually because the one cat seemed afraid of it.  I don't think she could see very well so it might have just seemed like a solid surface.  She even watched the other cats go in and out but wouldn't even try.  

On 9/8/2023 at 11:09 AM, Rowan Amore said:

We took the door part off of it eventually because the one cat seemed afraid of it.  I don't think she could see very well so it might have just seemed like a solid surface.  She even watched the other cats go in and out but wouldn't even try.  

UN-peeve: Y'all rock! You guys are cat people! 

Edited by Eirynne Sieyes
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Eirynne Sieyes said:

Peeve: Cat People are like putting out fire with gasoline! 
ETA: Peeve2: Did not know the song had tablas (Indian tonal drums), but it came out many years before I knew what tablas were. Peeve3: Did not remember the song was a Georgio Moroder collaboration.

Edited by Love Zhaoying
  • Like 2

On 9/8/2023 at 8:40 PM, Love Zhaoying said:

Peeve: LL promoting SL as a place for "Self-Care".

From the email I just received: 

September celebrates Self-Care Awareness Month. Take a moment to find your oasis.

Dive into serene Second Life destinations, offering meditation spaces, reflection corners, support groups, and more.

I think it can be. 

Sometimes I go to the Lost Gardens of Apollo, which I usually find completely empty, and gather my thoughts in a fire tower or on the Bridge to Nowhere. Or I wander around the Linden Memorial sim, have a cry, and feel ok again.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Marigold Devin said:

I think it can be. 

Sometimes I go to the Lost Gardens of Apollo, which I usually find completely empty, and gather my thoughts in a fire tower or on the Bridge to Nowhere. Or I wander around the Linden Memorial sim, have a cry, and feel ok again.

My Peeve is rooted in the fact many people need professional psychological and/or psychiatric help, and Second Life isn't a good place to look for that, if "self-care" could be seen as a different name for needing that help. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

My Peeve is rooted in the fact many people need professional psychological and/or psychiatric help, and Second Life isn't a good place to look for that, if "self-care" could be seen as a different name for needing that help. 

Ah, I understand where you're coming from now.

I consider "self-care" things like taking a bath, going for a walk in a serene place, taking part in solitary activities after a hectic stressful day, taking a ten minute time out from my caring role with a book on the doorstep even. 

Mental health therapy is something I would and do treat very VERY differently with the aid of qualified mental health therapists and medical professionals. Using self-care as a substitute for the latter would be like putting a band aid over a wound without taking the glass out first!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Eirynne Sieyes said:

I'm really a canine person. It's just that most apartment complexes around here don't allow dogs, just cats and birds. The ones that do limit the size of the dogs. None of mine have ever been that small.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

4 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

There are peer-support mental health groups in SL that can be helpful though, even if they are not as beneficial as professional support. Sometimes people just need to vent, feel understood, and get advice from those who have dealt with similar issues in their own lives.

Other times, all we might need is to visit a virtual beach, build something, or sort inventory while listening to music for a while. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

My pet peeve in regard to this is a little the opposite in that SL does have some support groups out there but people who could be helped by such groups, do not avail themselves of them. So many out there with no ready access to professional services, either because of location, financial constraints, other limitations or just not recognizing in themselves the need of a little help and support even though it is obvious to those around them.

The only reason I am still alive today is because after a little tip from an acquaintance about such RL groups led me to go check some out, wondering if it might help me with what I thought back then was a "little" problem. It was the non judgemental sharing of personal experiences of those group members, that helped me to realize I was in somewhat dire straits and needed the help of a support group structure to recover. There is strength in numbers when others in the group are also working on similar issues, making it much easier to change and develop new healthy habits to counteract the unproductive ones I was into.

For myself I realized it is support group setups that are much more beneficial to me vs professional services, as there are those of us who relate much better to others recovering from a similar issue. It can depend somewhat too on how motivated one is in seeking out help though as some will work harder on recovery if they have to pay for the service whereas others are motivated solely by their own desperation to turn a bad situation around. Either way there is help and support out there for those who could use some, whether or not professional services are available and affordable.

I periodically make a half-hearted attempt of keeping up with what's going on in the world, and though it's occasionally vaguely interesting I tend to come to a point where I just feel like I'm wasting my time. A predominant cause to which is how absolutely worthless journalists are in composing text (you know, that thing they do professionally and get paid for - in this case with tax money). 

The other day it was how a woman was murdered with a handgun, and so they concluded that they 'suspect she was shot'. Today it was a mother who was arrested for assaulting her children and murdering one of them, and so they point out that 'the mother is suspected of this and that against her own two children, who are siblings'. I mean, yeah, that's kind of obvious if she were their mother, no?

I'm sat in my chair, which is a type of furniture designed for sitting on, and I'm peeved.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, Orwar said:

I periodically make a half-hearted attempt of keeping up with what's going on in the world, and though it's occasionally vaguely interesting I tend to come to a point where I just feel like I'm wasting my time. A predominant cause to which is how absolutely worthless journalists are in composing text (you know, that thing they do professionally and get paid for - in this case with tax money). 

The other day it was how a woman was murdered with a handgun, and so they concluded that they 'suspect she was shot'. Today it was a mother who was arrested for assaulting her children and murdering one of them, and so they point out that 'the mother is suspected of this and that against her own two children, who are siblings'. I mean, yeah, that's kind of obvious if she were their mother, no?

I'm sat in my chair, which is a type of furniture designed for sitting on, and I'm peeved.

All tautologies are tautologies.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Peeve: Cat People are like putting out fire with gasoline! 
ETA: Peeve2: Did not know the song had tablas (Indian tonal drums), but it came out many years before I knew what tablas were. Peeve3: Did not remember the song was a Georgio Moroder collaboration.

I really like that movie , I seen it a couple of years back.. And that song, omg I swear there must be a genre of music built from just that song and  it's style.. I notice similarities in some of the Crow soundtracks and even in the lost boys sound track with some of those songs..

Now I want to see this movie again and hear that song in there again. It's been stuck in my head ever since i listened to it earlier..:)

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Ceka Cianci said:

I really like that movie , I seen it a couple of years back.. And that song, omg I swear there must be a genre of music built from just that song and  it's style.. I notice similarities in some of the Crow soundtracks and even in the lost boys sound track with some of those songs..

Now I want to see this movie again and hear that song in there again.:)

I was really surprised that the more familiar version of the song was remade by Bowie for the "Let's Dance" album (with Stevie Ray Vaugh on guitar). I like that better than the original, TBH. I remember playing the song on jukeboxes!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I was really surprised that the more familiar version of the song was remade by Bowie for the "Let's Dance" album (with Stevie Ray Vaugh on guitar). I like that better than the original, TBH. I remember playing the song on jukeboxes!

I just love songs like that, where there is a build up from calm to where he takes it.. And his voice and how unique it is and how well placed  it is in that song, just captures me right from the start.. I can think of a zillion movies right now that would have been even better if they put that song in a certain spot in them..  hehehe

I love a lot of his music because it's so unique as well as him and his voice..

I'm really glad you posted it to be honest..:)

ETA:I just remembered , they used that song in  Inglorious bastards as well.. One of it's most powerful parts of the movie..

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 1