3 hours ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

Peeve:  I can't keep up with you people.   There are too many pages to read and pictures to see and not enough time.  I've haven't made it inworld in days.

I'll just leave all the reactions here.  Take the ones you want.

👍 💙 😲 😄 🤪 😆 🤯 😡 😭 🥳

/me clicks "mark all as read" and starts over

I start at the back of the thread and work my way to the front.. It's like turning back time..:D

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Marigold Devin said:

Peeve: That I have had an incredibly excellent Friday, so excellent that it has been deposited into the Bank of Good Days, but I am frightened that once this Cinderella crosses over midnight it will all turn sh1t shaped. (The peeve is my own silly unfounded fears. I hope that's all they are anyway.)

That's not an entirely unfounded fear. I find that often after I have a good day, my next day is a let down. Consider it kind of like the tides and just roll with it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Why did they make the Senra Avatars so ugly?  Big hands, pointy little chins, flat skins.....WTF.  Let somebody who knows how to make good looking avatars do it.   Virtual games have good looking avatars.  SL has some great ones.  and LL produces mesh versions of ruth.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

That's not an entirely unfounded fear. I find that often after I have a good day, my next day is a let down. Consider it kind of like the tides and just roll with it.

Thanks for the empathetic words, they are somewhat comforting.

Already (at 2am UK time), I've had to ring police to come and arrest a man who was breaking into the flat next door but two below mine. Police were super-efficient though, out within five minutes. Landlords will be here next to board up the damage. 

Unfortunately this has become typical of where I live. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 5

32 minutes ago, Katsii Tennen said:

Why did they make the Senra Avatars so ugly?  Big hands, pointy little chins, flat skins.....WTF.  Let somebody who knows how to make good looking avatars do it.   Virtual games have good looking avatars.  SL has some great ones.  and LL produces mesh versions of ruth.

I think the ears are the worse - all look based on our King Charles! Maybe there is a secret method to tweaking them, or it's just a case of slip a head over the top. Makes me think of this somehow.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/3/2023 at 10:42 PM, Persephone Emerald said:

but yesterday I heard an announcer refer to "All Things Considered" as "ATC". Why? It's confusing and doesn't save time to refer to radio programs by acronyms.

ATC = Air Traffic Control. 

Peeve: when people try to 'overwrite' well-established acronyms. And just, acronyms in general conversation. I don't mind the occasional 'lol', but if I need to open a tab with Urban Dictionary to translate someone's gibberish because they're too darned lazy to write out 'thank goodness it's Friday', I'd usually rather just close the chat tab instead.

It makes sense in certain circumstances to use them, whilst sitting in the cockpit of an aeroplane, for example. But isn't it hilarious how people will vocalise an acronym with three times the syllables than the actual words? 

Double-yu-double-yu-double-yu-dot-we-interrupted-your-programme-and-now-expect-you-to-throw-money-at-us-because-we%?re-actual-idiots-dot-com. 

ShinyRingedLaughingthrush-size_restricte

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Orwar said:

ATC = Air Traffic Control. 

Peeve: when people try to 'overwrite' well-established acronyms. And just, acronyms in general conversation. I don't mind the occasional 'lol', but if I need to open a tab with Urban Dictionary to translate someone's gibberish because they're too darned lazy to write out 'thank goodness it's Friday', I'd usually rather just close the chat tab instead.

It makes sense in certain circumstances to use them, whilst sitting in the cockpit of an aeroplane, for example. But isn't it hilarious how people will vocalise an acronym with three times the syllables than the actual words? 

Double-yu-double-yu-double-yu-dot-we-interrupted-your-programme-and-now-expect-you-to-throw-money-at-us-because-we%?re-actual-idiots-dot-com. 

ShinyRingedLaughingthrush-size_restricte

I know, right? It's like trying to have a conversation with more than one occultist simultaneously, and not knowing what meanings they've decided various notarikons created by others in secret in the 1500's are supposed to have.

/nerd

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Solar Legion said:

Well would you look at that! Yet another "Second Life is dying because of <fill in the blank with some often trivial or subjective criteria/BS>1!eleven"

Seriously, give it a rest already folks.

Especially with the blasted hyperbolic nonsense!

But... But... Surely EVERYONE knows that any website NOT designed less than a week ago by a zero talent college preppy Graphic Design course dropout is DOOOOOOOMMMMMEEEED

And making things to be used by people with actual computers, with keyboards, and mice? That's so "old school ancient fogeys over 25 who are nearly dead" that it's unreal, get with the program, if it's not made for 15 year olds with 2 digit IQ scores,, who use smart phones as digital replacements for "Thinking-Brain Dogs for the handicapped", it shouldn't exist! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Solar Legion said:

Well would you look at that! Yet another "Second Life is dying because of <fill in the blank with some often trivial or subjective criteria/BS>1!eleven"

Seriously, give it a rest already folks.

Especially with the blasted hyperbolic nonsense!

Some just can see the upcoming 

trainwreck.gif

From further back then others and recognize that SL is basically on life support now

Cost-Of-Basic-Life-Support-Training-In-N

As there is no new blood it is just a matter of when they going to 

80d0dd1d-41c0-4d11-939e-7d8bcf485833.gif

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Marigold Devin said:

Peeve: That I have had an incredibly excellent Friday, so excellent that it has been deposited into the Bank of Good Days, but I am frightened that once this Cinderella crosses over midnight it will all turn sh1t shaped. (The peeve is my own silly unfounded fears. I hope that's all they are anyway.)

12 hours ago, Persephone Emerald said:

I think this is real...Fortuna does this to us for fun and to keep us on our toes :/

My last fortnight: fail a driving test, then get a call saying I may be able to buy my own place outside London for a price I can afford...then the couple withdraw it from the market because their deal fell through...and then I win £100 on the Premium Bonds...I'm all over the place 🥴 Try not to let it get you down, but it's good to be prepared for a sudden luck shift!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Rat Luv said:

I think this is real...Fortuna does this to us for fun and to keep us on our toes :/

My last fortnight: fail a driving test, then get a call saying I may be able to buy my own place outside London for a price I can afford...then the couple withdraw it from the market because their deal fell through...and then I win £100 on the Premium Bonds...I'm all over the place 🥴 Try not to let it get you down, but it's good to be prepared for a sudden luck shift!

Yes, that is why they call it the Wheel of Fortune.  Some days you are up, others you are down but the wheel keeps turning.  My favorite illustration of the Wheel is the Pamela Colman-Smith classic from the 1909 Rider-Waite-Smith tarot deck:image.thumb.jpeg.0da65157959e9c55c31ae6161c9f672e.jpeg

• Like 5

35 minutes ago, Rat Luv said:

When things start going too good, I'm already looking around for what might be coming..

The important thing is, when it comes, keep a smile on your face and let life know that it's gonna have to try harder than that..:)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Having to check this box (win 10 search...best redacted) and my backup faithful stream box (over vnc because I like oldskool) before changing profile pic as in a panic I was not sure that was the only copy still existant.

Also to echo Solar there, reading every week ("since 20061230!" copyright) that SL is dead, has died,  dying possibly as I always confuse the two. Enough already. Nous sommes ici. Nous existons. Jusqu’à ce que les lumières s’éteignent. As my Granny used to say

• Like 3

1 minute ago, sirhc DeSantis said:

Also to echo Solar there, reading every week ("since 20061230!" copyright) that SL is dead, has died,  dying possibly as I always confuse the two. Enough already. Nous sommes ici. Nous existons. Jusqu’à ce que les lumières s’éteignent. As my Granny used to say

If SL is dead, guess this is heaven!

'Cause, y'all are all angels!

Peeve: Dead people don't know they are dead, just like stupid people!

Edited by Love Zhaoying
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Rat Luv said:

Tearful.

Thank you. 

I have been so rock bottom at times, but something has usually come along as I've been standing on the edge of Beachy Head ready to jump off, but I can't always expect it to be that way. When my time is done, there will be that final gust of wind and over I will go.

That is very super about the premium bond win. ("I never win anything", said one of my friends when I had a little windfall of £25 on one of mine, and I said "How long have you had premium bonds?" She said "Oh I haven't got any"! Silly b*gger can't win if hasn't got any.) Mine have certainly been more lucrative than my brother's stocks and shares ISA was. He thankfully didn't lose anything overall, but not one penny did he make.

How do you feel about buying something out of London? Somewhere like Witham in Essex is only about half an hour away and that's one overground underground train route I think. 

You give me hope, and I need that more than anything right now.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Rat Luv said:

get a call saying I may be able to buy my own place outside London for a price I can afford...then the couple withdraw it from the market because their deal fell through.

Hopefully if they put it back on the market, they can give you consideration as "first offer"!

• Like 4