Peeve: When someone I had to put on Ignore is stalking my profile.

It's freaking creepy. *shudder* I hope they find whatever they're looking for and leave me alone. Tired of them being up my butt behind my back.

Edited by PheebyKatz
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

17 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

If they present as a child inworld, then I deal with them as a child inworld.  However, I've always replied to everyone in the forums as if they are an Adult -- i.e. more as if I was replying to their RL self.  If they want to yell at me, so be it.

I can't figure out how to block a person from my phone, so I'll have to visit their poopy, icky, creepy profile again from home. A tiny bit peeved.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Minor Peeve. Forum Sockpuppets. *ticks Ignore* Ahh, all better.

Major Peeve: Having to get up for coffee. I need a bigger cup!

And more donuts. I really like donuts with my coffee. :)

Oh and SUPER MEGA PEEVE: People who hate whatever they can't understand, like autism, or gender dysphoria, or pretty much anything they can't take for granted from one moment to another.

There, I'm done with the whole subject. Feels good to get that last little bit of icky poop out.

In SL.

Edited by PheebyKatz
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

Second Life seller peeves -

Unnecessary notecards included in the packaging with items. You know, the ones that just say "Thank you". Or really, any notecard that includes stuff other than important information related to the product. Social media links, other rubbish nobody bothers to read. I spend ages after I shop at the weekend sales deleting all these notecards and landmarks that sellers include in their packaging. And of course, most of these sellers forget to include the most useful thing to consumers - a photo of the item so that they know what it is in their inventory without wearing or rezzing everything.

Spam when you open the package. You know, subscriber invites. I just want my stuff, I don't want to have to click away boxes to get to it, or accidentally subscribe to stuff I am not interested in.

• Like 4

Peeve: in-world group-stalking solicitors trying to sell me shoddy, AI-filtered sideway-pics. I don't know how many such folks I've blocked over the past year, and yet every so often a new one rears its fake-smiling face in my IMs out of the fricking blue. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Two more peeves, and a happy!

Our very expensive, top of the line induction range broke three times before its sixth birthday, and now Samsung has discontinued replacement parts for it. And then, the ONLY possible replacement that offered all the features we wanted was out of stock, back-ordered, delayed by supply chain issues. We've been waiting for it for 6 months.

But! It arrives tomorrow, yay!!!!!

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

What????

11 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Yeah, I'm scratching my head at that one too, Scylla. @Orwar, could you translate that to English?

Second Life 'photographers' who join random groups and start chewing through the member lists to try selling their 'services' via IM, which for the most part include headshots (often uploaded sideways) that have been run through AI-generated filters such as FaceApp. 

screen-shot-2019-07-18-at-10.37.54-pm-10

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

45 minutes ago, Orwar said:

Second Life 'photographers' who join random groups and start chewing through the member lists to try selling their 'services' via IM, which for the most part include headshots (often uploaded sideways) that have been run through AI-generated filters such as FaceApp. 

I don't think I've ever had this happen to me.

Now I feel I'm missing out. Am I not good enough to get solicited???

• Haha 4

53 minutes ago, Orwar said:

Yes, I have had this happen a few times. It's irritating. They also sometimes hang out at events and spam people there.

• Like 2

If I got something unsolicited that was that derned spammy and un-SL, I'd just send them my standard response to anything spammy and annoying. So far it's worked for everything, anyway.

yomama.png.f509b44d19a5dc40d61840fac5ee754f.png

You're free to use it, as well. I'm sure Paul Reubens doesn't mind.

Edited by PheebyKatz
  • Like 1

My biggest Pet peeve of all: People who buy land on a narrow Linden owned right-of-way like river; road or channel just to make it unnavigable by putting up ban lines. 

I am hoping nobody here sees themself in this peeve but if you see your self in this do the grid a favor and move. Everybody in the grid who drives the roads or sails hates you. dry up and blow away

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Yesterday I had a convo with a time served decent looking guy avi at Fogbound. But despite being barrel aged, he was going on about

"I'm  bored"

" What is there to do in this game"

"People take this game too seriously"

"What's the point of having a relationship in SL and not moving it into RL?"

Aaaand so on. Look mister. If you're bored, SL is maybe not for you. Move on. Nothing to see here.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Hmm your friend was a bit disappointed with his SL love life, yet his questions are easy to answer.

- "I'm  bored"
- Mhm, if you weren't you wouldn't be at home playing SL

- " What is there to do in this game"
- Lots of things or nothing at all.

- "People take this game too seriously"
- Note everyone but yes some do and it's their right to do so.

- What's the point of having a relationship in SL and not moving it into RL?"
- Humans in the past also had relationships by sending letters with "Postal Service", the internet is faster.

3 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Peeve: I saw someone posted "64 KiB" where they 100% must have meant "kilobytes", which is abbreviated "KB".

What, now we've got "killer-bots"? "Keelo-bytes"? Or is it "Kilo-BITS"?

It's not like the topic was network bandwidth, which could be "bits" vs. "bytes"!

Silly, the KiB is a unit for measuring kibble. You're getting all worked up over a simple misunderstanding. You know we don't do that sort of thing here.

Now tell me where they got the 64 KiB from, because I'm tired of buying boxes that are only like 1 to 5 KiB. It gets expensive that way.

Pseudo Peeve, just to maintain the proper form: People who go off over simple misunderstandings like thinking units for measuring kibble have anything to do with computer motors and how they work.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

33 minutes ago, PheebyKatz said:

Silly, the KiB is a unit for measuring kibble. You're getting all worked up over a simple misunderstanding. You know we don't do that sort of thing here.

Now tell me where they got the 64 KiB from, because I'm tired of buying boxes that are only like 1 to 5 KiB. It gets expensive that way.

Pseudo Peeve, just to maintain the proper form: People who go off over simple misunderstandings like thinking units for measuring kibble have anything to do with computer motors and how they work.

Peeve: My Huskies are a "working breed", but yet they don't work for their kibble. Unless walking their owner, playing, and cuddling are work.

1 hour ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Peeve: My Huskies are a "working breed", but yet they don't work for their kibble. Unless walking their owner, playing, and cuddling are work.

In my experience, some owners seem to make it feel that way. But I know your doggy friends are just being lazy.

Related Peeve: I can't watch three giant pitbulls at once, when they're all bent on different forms of trying to get away with stuff. One will be trying to eat crap off the ground while one wants to go after a cat that hasn't been there for hours, and one just wants to pretend it's a bullet train and see how fast it can go.

But I love them so it doesn't matter.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

He's like Juggernaut, who famously says, "I'm the Juggernaut, [b-word]!" as he crashes into stuffs.

Exactly. If cut loose, she can outrun a car if it's following the speed limit on our street. and her nose seems to be pointed and hard as steel when she hits you in the leg with it, too.

>.<

She'll crash right into you, knock you down, and keep going without even breaking stride.

Edited by PheebyKatz
  • Like 1

Just now, PheebyKatz said:

Exactly. If cut loose, she can outrun a car if it's following the speed limit on our street. and her nose seems to be pointed and hard as steel when she hits you in the leg with it, too. >.<

She'll crash right into you, knock you down, and keep going without even breaking stride.

Peeve: My 115lb boy did that too, but is slowing down now (the peeve).