5 hours ago, PheebyKatz said:

Incidental Peeve, but still unofficial and pet enough to fit in here without going off topic.

PEEVE: The Unread Content button on the forum doesn't actually allow us to un-read content. It just directs me to things I haven't read yet.

And before anybody chimes in, yes, I've already filed a JIRA. I'm not a n00b or something.

Wait...you mean, you want "unread content" to mean "unread by anybody at all"? Why would you want that? Are you some sort of literalist or somethin'?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Wait...you mean, you want "unread content" to mean "unread by anybody at all"? Why would you want that? Are you some sort of literalist or somethin'?

I thought Pheeby means, she "wants to Un-read" the content, so it shows up again as "Unread", just for her!

Edited by Love Zhaoying
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I thought Pheeby means, she "wants to Un-read" the content, so it shows up again as "Unread", just for her!

I thought she meant she wanted to un-read it in order to scour it from her mind -- sort of like bleach for the eyes when you need to un-see something.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

I'm not sure if this goes here BUT......Skins created to wear on LEL Avalon, is this the preferred SL head? Why?  Most times skins will work  any ADV head. Buying a skin for a head then searching for a body skin to match. Why?  If you made the head skin I would think the hard part is done, finish the skin you already have the colors/tones. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, colleen Criss said:

Buying a skin for a head then searching for a body skin to match. Why?  If you made the head skin I would think the hard part is done, finish the skin you already have the colors/tones. 

Skin stores have become lazy, IMO.  A majority of them are all making their faces to match the Velour skin tones which I just don't like.  They may look alright with the lighter tones but I just look greased up.  The add on that's supposed to tone down the shine makes it look even worse.  Kind of sad that it's hard to be original when everyone's body looks the same.  ☹️

• Like 8

17 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Skin stores have become lazy, IMO.  A majority of them are all making their faces to match the Velour skin tones which I just don't like.  They may look alright with the lighter tones but I just look greased up.  The add on that's supposed to tone down the shine makes it look even worse.  Kind of sad that it's hard to be original when everyone's body looks the same.  ☹️

It's not just the shine. Dip into the past-medium dark browns and it's just...yeah. Just very wrong. I also have my peeves with the colors chosen for the fantasy tones, as well. Oof.

Fortunately, I've had good luck finding stores that do not use those body skins/tones for both human and fantasy avies. Nothing against the store as a whole (the makeup is lovely and the old skins were very nice!), but man... that newer line's skin tones across the board are just... not my jam.

And that will always be a major peeve, because I currently wear a skin from their older line on my primary avie and it's gorgeous!

Edited by Ayashe Ninetails
Added stuffs
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Peeve: OMG I am stupid.

I've never bothered to look into the "Pet Delights" thread, because I assumed it was literally only posts and pics of . . . pets.

🤦‍♀️

I think it was Saecher who created the "Oh Em Gee" thread, because she did not know about the "Pet Delights" thread.

So because of all that - we have ONE "Peeve" thread (this one, duh) and TWO "anti-Peeve" threads!!!  Which is kind of awesome, if only people had more anti-peeves. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Love Zhaoying said:

So because of all that - we have ONE "Peeve" thread (this one, duh) and TWO "anti-Peeve" threads!!!  Which is kind of awesome, if only people had more anti-peeves. 

That's kind of a strange metapeeve, peeving about people peeving instead of anti-peeving, and yet anti-peeving about it ... in a peeve thread.  Does your head hurt sometimes?  🤓

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

38 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:
1 hour ago, Love Zhaoying said:

That's kind of a strange metapeeve, peeving about people peeving instead of anti-peeving, and yet anti-peeving about it ... in a peeve thread.  Does your head hurt sometimes?  🤓

If it did, it would be a peeve. But you're right! I was peeving that people do not know to post anti-peeves in the two perfectly good anti-peeve threads! 

32 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

Actual peeve - our off topic threads are precious, we must nurture more of them.

Nurturing peeves, is like feeding fear..fear leads to anger..and anger leads to the dark side!

So hopefully we can "nurture ALL the things"!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I think it was Saecher who created the "Oh Em Gee" thread, because she did not know about the "Pet Delights" thread.

I think people like to peeve more than they like to anti-peeve. It's too bad we can't combine the 2 anti-peeve threads. But then look how badly it turned out when someone tried to combine 2 peeve threads. The result was one post in this longer thread that made no sense because it was out of context.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Peeve: OMG I am stupid.

I've never bothered to look into the "Pet Delights" thread, because I assumed it was literally only posts and pics of . . . pets.

🤦‍♀️

Not stupid. Apparently there are several pet supply stores with Pet Delights in their name, so I don't blame you there. I was confused at the title first until I figured pet delights was meant as an inverse to pet peeves.

• Like 3

The fact that people know a dude who has to tell people how "nice" he is probably isn't, but failed to miss the fact that someone who has to constantly point out how tolerant they are (especially when about 90% of their examples involve ripping anyone with a different experience or opinion to shreds) might suffer from  the same "are you trying to convince us, or yourself?" condition.

It isn't "tolerant", it's "toleraint".

Edited by SeattleChris
  • Like 4

Once your housemate tells you they once put their urine in a previous housemate's contact lens solution and once you've seen them open the mail and tear up a check for another former housemate, you're going to be suspicious they might do the same kinds of things to you if you have a falling out. It's paranoia, but it's not totally unreasonable.

I got a red, itchy spot on my palm after opening a tin of salmon today. I washed it off and was fine, but it made me wonder if she'd put something on it. On another day, I thought the salsa in my jar seemed too liquid and thought "how would I know if she put urine in it?" She probably didn't, but she does have a weird verdictive streak.

• Like 1
  • Sad 5

5 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Once your housemate tells you they once put their urine in a previous housemate's contact lens solution and once you've seen them open the mail and tear up a check for another former housemate, you're going to be suspicious they might do the same kinds of things to you if you have a falling out. It's paranoia, but it's not totally unreasonable.

I got a red, itchy spot on my palm after opening a tin of salmon today. I washed it off and was fine, but it made me wonder if she'd put something on it. On another day, I thought the salsa in my jar seemed too liquid and thought "how would I know if she put urine in it?" She probably didn't, but she does have a weird verdictive streak.

Sounds like you need to get out of there! 😬

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

That's when you tell them, you think that's bad.. let me ever find out you did that to me and  you'll know right away what I do to you.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

That's when you tell them, you think that's bad.. let me ever find out you did that to me and  you'll know right away what I do to you.

She might not have done anything. I'm just saying I hate this loss of trust with her. She knows I could hex her if I thought she'd done something to me, but maybe she also knows I wouldn't want to do that? 

When the previous crazy housemate left, I saged the house and did a spell to make sure she wouldn't come back. She hasn't come back, despite having been homeless and basically couch surfing before she went back to live with her parents.

When this housemate was upset about a guy working with her, both I and a witch friend of another coworker of hers did spells to make him go away. The next Monday, he'd been removed from their location. Of course one can say this is coincidence, because people at her worksite probably complained about the guy. But I'd think my housemate would still think twice about crossing me. That's why I'll tell some people stories about me hexing people, so they'll think twice before being too evil to me.

She's barely been at the house much lately anyway. She's probably been working in the field and house-sitting for her bosses.

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Like 4

25 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

She might not have done anything. I'm just saying I hate this loss of trust with her

Putting urine in someone's contact solution is just so disgusting, how could anyone brag about it?  It's psycho behaviour! 👎

But I think for your own peace of mind you should get away...it sounds like they have also been putting pressure on you to sort out all the landlord issues and flat problems, while they help themselves to your fruit and biscuits? (sorry if I am wrong! Just trying to imagine how it's like from the earlier posts...) 

I once read about how there was a witches' coven in Leeds in Yorkshire years ago, and a rapist was on the loose, so they did a ritual one night for him to get caught...and then the next day the news said the sex offender fell off a roof and broke his arm and was caught :o So I think there might be something in this! Anyway, sending you lucky vibes ☘️

Edited by Rat Luv
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Those aren't weird vindictive things.  Those are criminal actions.

ETA..tampering with mail is a federal felony.

Edited by Rowan Amore
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3