PEEVE and a big scare! \o/

I just had the daylights scared out of me.. I thought someone messed with my SL.. I tp'd to check out a demo of a mesh body and my SL lagged really hard or something.. All of a sudden it was like a bunch of chat sessions or something started up and just a lot of ding ding ding ding.. Then had all these ok buttons that I had to close  because it said chat sessions couldn't be started..

So I just started to click them all to get them out of the way..

I bought the body and went back to my place.. I noticed that all the little toasts or whatever up in the right corner, they were all green.. Then I was like, ok something is not right..

So I closed all the group chats going on at the time and was gonan relog.. But something told me to check my groups..

I looked and all my groups were gone  O.O

I reloged but also logged into my dashboard and they were still there, so if i needed the names i could get the groups there..

I was like 2 groups shy of 70.. lol  When I relogged all my groups were back..   Omg that would have been a mess trying to remember those and how much it cost to get in a lot of them..

I'm just glad they are back but wow what a scare.. I would have been really Super Peeving up in here if it would have really went south ..lol

Catches her breath.

ETA: It sure felt like I typed a heck of a lot more than I did.. it felt like running the mile when i was typing, maybe that's why..lol

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 1
  • Sad 8

On 9/21/2022 at 3:48 PM, Love Zhaoying said:

Pet Peeve:

Turbo (the big boy, 115lb) came inside after getting all worked up playing with Cinnamon.  And..."woofed" at me and play-bowed. 

I didn't know what to do!

He's not usually the "play with me NAO" type!  Next time, I'll woof back and bump chests with him or something. (There's got to be a way to play with him, without getting injured.)

Wear leather and trim the dew claws.

• Like 1

On 9/22/2022 at 7:28 AM, kali Wylder said:

Forums thrive on disagreements.  They languish, as they are now, when the rules for discourse stifle any chance of same.  One doesn't have to read every single post to get a feel for the participants.  It's always the same small cluster of personalities in the thick of every thread gone postal.  I think you're right, Sid, about the pot stirrers.  But the ones that stir the pot perform an important function and without them (or with them gagged) the forum suffers.

PEEVED!

I thought I was a pot sticker not a pot stirrer. 🤨

659-06186486en_Masterfile.jpg

614POj+DyOL._SL1500_.jpg

I wanna go back to being a pot sticker. 😭

😋

🤐

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Well, so am I Silent! The no-good so-and-so's went and locked the resurrected Off Topic thread.

Damn...that had a lot of potential for amusement. Shame on you, Mods...and we were even following the new guidelines.

Flounces out.

Well poop! That's all I have to say on it.

Edited by Gabriele Graves
  • Like 5

I had a bad feeling about that thread.. I mean feeling it wasn't gonna last..

I think mostly because it was 11 years old, it probably set a buzzer off or something letting them know an old thread was active again..

We'd probably get an update in the rules again, if they seen too many of them showing back up..

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

6 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I think mostly because it was 11 years old, it probably set a buzzer off or something letting them know an old thread was active again..

We'd probably get an update in the rules again, if they seen too many of them showing back up..

That thread stayed open a lot longer then I expected it too.  Was sure a Mole would come in and slap a lock on the thing --- But Harley did the slappin' and put the thread out of it's misery!

On our amateur radio board the threads auto-lock after 60 days of non-activity.

And I'll toss in a Peeve for good measure --- #293:  Hate when the SL client forgets you passcode.  I have to go search for my cheat card to input it back in!

Edited by Kimmi Zehetbauer
Half sleep.
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

EVERYONE knew that thread was going to get locked before they even resurrected it seeing as it was discussed before it even happened.  I think if people continue to try and skirt the rules the next step will simply to be to ban people.  Time to put on your big girl/boy panties and grow up and accept the rules.  All the forum is now is how the rules suck. I really don't think that they are going to be changing anytime soon ...unless the goal is some passive aggressive tactic to try and shut them down.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I suspect the thread was reported by someone. (Bitter!) But then again, could have just risen up the "trending" ranks and been reviewed due to being old.

Ennywho, Harley is kinda new to me, and I follow all them so I don't miss out!

Peeve: missing out

• Like 1

My main pet peeve is people who get into making mesh purely for the sake of profit who put in the bare minimum of effort to learn it and then stop before learning things like how to optimize their products. There's a lot of bad mesh out there selling for way too much money and it's making SL a slog. 

Another pet peeve is people who make decent-looking vehicles who then use blurry textures for things like headlights and logos. Those are only some of the main things people look at. If you're going to mimic something from real life don't go spoiling the illusion with half-assed texture work. Especially if you're going to overcharge for something you barely put effort into. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Persephone Emerald said:

The landlady has texted me back & seems to be dealing with the problem now. I'm less concerned about mold & more concerned the pipe could burst like the one coming out of the water heater did a few months ago. 

I texted back "Ok" to the housemate, and since she obviously doesn't want to be included in this discussion, I'm no longer including her.

I don't have contact info for the plumber. There might not even be a plumber involved yet. The landlady said she'd be here Monday to look at it.

Thanks.  🙂

In the future it's probably a good idea to let your housemates know you're wanting to discuss something with your landlady before you do so. Such interactions can be pretty stressful, and I know if my roommate went and talked to the landlord without telling me then went and included me in the conversation without talking with me about it ahead of time I'd be a bit upset, too. Remember-the landlady isn't your friend. You and your housemates have to be a united front as landlords who decide they dislike you living there for whatever reason can make all your lives miserable. 

Edited by Zidaya Zenovka
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hmm, peole complained about old threads being resurrected - the moderation team starts to lock them as they come up, no matter the reason/if doing such is actually warranted. On top of this, said thread was not even in line with the rules here prior to the newest changes - what did y'all expect would happen?

Yes, older threads are Grandfathered. No, that does not mean they're immune to the rules as they were before the recent change nor that one can just pull whatever they want to the front.

Can we not make them potentially regret that Grandfathering?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Solar Legion said:

Hmm, peole complained about old threads being resurrected - the moderation team starts to lock them as they come up, no matter the reason/if doing such is actually warranted. On top of this, said thread was not even in line with the rules here prior to the newest changes - what did y'all expect would happen?

Yes, older threads are Grandfathered. No, that does not mean they're immune to the rules as they were before the recent change nor that one can just pull whatever they want to the front.

I agree! 

And I could not figure out the "stay on topic by derailing the previous thread rule"! (Darn my low-comprehension.)

The actual "Derail" thread is probably still ok. No silly meta-rules on that one.

5 hours ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

EVERYONE knew that thread was going to get locked before they even resurrected it seeing as it was discussed before it even happened.  I think if people continue to try and skirt the rules the next step will simply to be to ban people.  Time to put on your big girl/boy panties and grow up and accept the rules.  All the forum is now is how the rules suck. I really don't think that they are going to be changing anytime soon ...unless the goal is some passive aggressive tactic to try and shut them down.

What rule was broken?  AFAIK, there is no rule against necroposting and the thread stayed on topic.  There was no fighting.  It was started BEFORE the new rules were in place so allowed per LL's own statement.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

What rule was broken?  AFAIK, there is no rule against necroposting and the thread stayed on topic.  There was no fighting.  It was started BEFORE the new rules were in place so allowed per LL's own statement.

43 minutes ago, Solar Legion said:

Hmm, people complained about old threads being resurrected - the moderation team starts to lock them as they come up, no matter the reason/if doing such is actually warranted. On top of this, said thread was not even in line with the rules here prior to the newest changes - what did y'all expect would happen?

Necroed threads have been getting the lock regularly enough, thanks to complaints lodged before the recent changes. as noted above, the sort of thread tat was necroposted was already one that would have been locked under the present iteration of the forum.

So no, it was not "allowed".

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I was like 2 groups shy of 70.. lol  When I relogged all my groups were back..   Omg that would have been a mess trying to remember those and how much it cost to get in a lot of them..

I'm just glad they are back but wow what a scare.. I would have been really Super Peeving up in here if it would have really went south ..lol

ack!!!! and Yay for the happy ending. whew. You had us on pins and needles. :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Yup. Of course "we" all knew it was toe-ing the line, but it WAS on the side of the posted rules, and various comments by LL. So, they are doing take backs. Their sandbox etc. But their actions are making it clear...

It'll be difficult for the folks who like the changes, so they can make 500 short quips to everyone, to have the forum be empty of regular posters to quip to. Be careful what you wish for THERE too...

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Solar Legion said:

Necroed threads have been getting the lock regularly enough, thanks to complaints lodged before the recent changes. as noted above, the sort of thread tat was necroposted was already one that would have been locked under the present iteration of the forum.

So no, it was not "allowed".

So, basically...someone reported it.  Understood.  Can't imagine who.  🤔

Peeve...people

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

Yup. Of course "we" all knew it was toe-ing the line, but it WAS on the side of the posted rules, and various comments by LL. So, they are doing take backs. Their sandbox etc. But their actions are making it clear...

It'll be difficult for the folks who like the changes, so they can make 500 short quips to everyone, to have the forum be empty of regular posters to quip to. Be careful what you wish for THERE too...

No. It was not in any way within the rules - prior to the recent changes or not.

It was over the line, simply existing without a lock.