7 minutes ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

If you are referring to me I never said that the thread should be closed but this thread has now become a "catch all" for anything that if posted somewhere else would get deleted or closed. It is no longer a peeve thread.  I'm sorry if you don't like my opinion but I'm allowed to have one. 

Peeve: if everyone would have just AR'd and moved on we wouldn't have had to have new forum rules.

Yes, we would have as nothing was being done even with such actions (reports placed).

Considering the thread is a catch bin for peeves and their discussions ... I'd say there's not much wrong over the last page or so.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, IGarrett said:

My peeve is about them shaming men who do act in a masculine manner, and proclaim that their manner to act is the morally correct one.

I think they are not "shaming" them for acting in a masculine manner. They are just calling out the toxic qualities of masculinity. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Sid Nagy said:

In NL it is sold as Senseo, a joined project by Philips and Douwe Egberts (the oldest still existing coffee blenders from our country). It is their invention (at least they claim that here) But other brands make the pads and coffee machines too now a days.
But it is the same as with the word fridge in the USA where the brand name became a general used name in NL.

This is the machine type I use. One can make a traditional pot of filter coffee with it too:

1068x1200.jpg

For the two fisted coffee drinker?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Solar Legion said:

I'd more say it is a calling out of toxic "masculinity" - which is in no way any part of actual masculinity.

I mean being trans male to female, I was raised by a dad who expressed his emotions and told me that expressing my emotions was healthy. Heck, he would ask me if I was okay, and if I said yes. I would get that look, and him saying are you being honest?  And then the water works would come and I would just bare all. When my dad was dealing with cancer and was scared of dying. He came to me and cried on my shoulders. I told him that I understand that he is scared, but I will be there with him through out. So I never had a male figure who was ever void of emotions in my life. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Sammy Huntsman said:

I mean being trans male to female, I was raised by a dad who expressed his emotions and told me that expressing my emotions was healthy. Heck, he would ask me if I was okay, and if I said yes. I would get that look, and him saying are you being honest?  And then the water works would come and I would just bare all. When my dad was dealing with cancer and was scared of dying. He came to me and cried on my shoulders. I told him that I understand that he is scared, but I will be there with him through out. So I never had a male figure who was ever void of emotions in my life. 

I'd say you had one of the good ones, Sammy.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Solar Legion said:

I'd say you had one of the good ones, Sammy.

So for me, when toxic masculinity came up. I couldn't really relate and understand. As I didn't live in an environment, where I had to be void of emotions to be strong. So seeing other dads as a kid, who basically were void of emotions. It was a weird experience for me. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Kimmi Zehetbauer said:

Peeve 455: When setting the coffee machine in the morning --- and looking forward to that cup(s) and find out the machine went south.  Lack of coffee will make me avoid going into SL!

When I get up in the morning and the coffee pot is all ready to go, but I forgot to actually turn on the timer, so then I have to wait 15 more minutes for it to actually perk.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

When I get up in the morning and the coffee pot is all ready to go, but I forgot to actually turn on the timer, so then I have to wait 15 more minutes for it to actually perk.

Ooh! You use a percolator? * looks at coffee collection * I've got 2, one with a "strength" setting! Need to use them, nothing like the smell of perc.

3 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:
5 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Ooh! You use a percolator? * looks at coffee collection * I've got 2, one with a "strength" setting! Need to use them, nothing like the smell of perc.

No - I have switched to a drip, but I still use the term 'perk'.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

If you are referring to me I never said that the thread should be closed but this thread has now become a "catch all" for anything that if posted somewhere else would get deleted or closed. It is no longer a peeve thread.  I'm sorry if you don't like my opinion but I'm allowed to have one. 

Peeve: if everyone would have just AR'd and moved on we wouldn't have had to have new forum rules.

Sorry, Sam.  It was not directed at you, but a general peeve.  You just reminded me of a peeve that was bugging me last week.  No intent to single anyone out.  Apologies 🙂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Biggest pet peeve, so my male alt is literally subscribed to one thing. Just one thing!!! And somehow I was added to Swank Events list on my male alt. Event runners need to stop pushing this sort of spam on us, without our consent. I don't know about your event, I Idon't care to know about your event now. And I mean I now know about your event, and don't care or want to go to your dang event. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

On 9/21/2022 at 6:22 AM, Sid Nagy said:

The rules of moderation are simply to tight at the moment to keep the forums flourishing in the long term. A General Discussion where discussion is really general, is so important to keep any forums going.

LL wants the forums to be/become a for them inexpensive customers support. People come with their problems, we deal with it. But that is not how forums work. So more and more regular members simply will vanish over the months to come IMHO.
If I would come here only to do customer questions, like LL wants it to be, I would apply for any call center job and make a buck or two with it.

Very little excitement left on these pages.
I like a lot off people here, but no longer the environment.

And yes, that is a peeve. A big one.
It makes me too often grumpy and sarcastic when I post here lately.

The SL Forums becoming more bowlderized???? Wow, never would have expected *that*!!! 🙄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1