7 minutes ago, Katherine Heartsong said:
43 minutes ago, Kiera Clutterbuck said:

Isn't pain required though?  Please, educate me on your ways of BDSM as I am obviously uninformed.

No, it's not. Welcome to BDSM tropes 101.

Perhaps those on the forum, or even in SL, generally have a different flavor of BDSM?  Because on the internet sadomasochism is a big part of it, and it's labeled as erotic too:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BDSM

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Kiera Clutterbuck said:

Perhaps those on the forum, or even in SL, generally have a different flavor of BDSM?  Because on the internet sadomasochism is a big part of it, and it's labeled as erotic too:

Sadomasochism doesn't have to explicitly mean pain or eroticism. 

For an outsider looking in, it is perhaps best to consider that the submissive party is the one who brings their ball to the party, they set the boundaries and in large part define what's acceptable and fun. 

There are a lot of lifestyle BDSM people in SL. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Peeve:  Double standards like when avatar 1 tells avatar 2 that what they posted is inappropriate for the People Forum and should be posted in the adult section when that exact same excuse was used by avatar 2 against another avatar when they didn't want to see their words and considered them inappropriate.  If I remember right the excuse was "because I told that person before I didn't want to see or read about their personal SL sex life, and I refuse to use the ignore tool or report, so you have to stop."  It's no fun to be told what to do by authority and even less fun to be told what to do by those without the authority, isn't it?  It makes us defensive and angry.

It was suggested at the time to just ignore that poster and let them post as they please or to report the post and let the mods decide. Perhaps the line "suck it up" should have been used.

I don't want this thread locked because some people went off the rails with their attacks against others.  So, hopefully the thread will just get cleaned up and not locked.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

28 minutes ago, Kiera Clutterbuck said:

While BDSM might include sadomasochism, it very often does not. That wiki article even tells you that not all of the things listed are included in everyone's experience of it or even their definition of it.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

Peeve:  Double standards like when avatar 1 tells avatar 2 that what they posted is inappropriate for the People Forum and should be posted in the adult section when that exact same excuse was used by avatar 2 against another avatar when they didn't want to see their words and considered them inappropriate.  If I remember right the excuse was "because I told that person before I didn't want to see or read about their personal SL sex life, and I refuse to use the ignore tool or report, so you have to stop."  It's no fun to be told what to do by authority and even less fun to be told what to do by those without the authority, isn't it?  It makes us defensive and angry.

It was suggested at the time to just ignore that poster and let them post as they please or to report the post and let the mods decide. Perhaps the line "suck it up" should have been used.

I don't want this thread locked because some people went off the rails with their attacks against others.  So, hopefully the thread will just get cleaned up and not locked.

ONE person has been triggered by the photo in question.  Aside from another poster mentioning the exact same type of photo being a trigger, it's NOT the same.  The other poster (same person?) specifically mentioned a coffee cup on a bum.  So, you decide whether it's a personal attack in this thread or not.  Most of us see it for what it actually is.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

I think of myself as someone who is relatively attentive both to equality issues, and the ways in which images "mean," but I have to say I saw nothing offensive whatsoever about the image. In fact, I think I made a joke about it.

I will also say that critiquing an image posted here is, in my view, fair game, in exactly the same way and for the same reasons that critiquing a post consisting entirely of text is justified. Images "say things" too, and one shouldn't be afraid of examining those meanings and, in some cases, the unintended implications.

But "critiquing" is not the same as asking that an image be removed.

I could go on at length about my reading of Seicher's image -- which is clever and beautifully done -- and why I don't have objections to it, but we don't want a derail here.

Suffice it to say that one does not free women to explore their sexuality by telling them how they can or cannot explore and express it.

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

That person can report it, the rest of can can move along.

Yep, they could and probably did so.   I just find it mildly amusing the EXACT same type of photo was specifically mentioned by someone else and poof, it's now being brought up here by a different person (🤣) as a trigger.

Peeve:  People who hide behind alts and think we don't know.  By the way, guessing someone is an alt isn't against ToS.  If someone has specifically told you who their alts are and you tell anyone, that is what's ARable.   You can all guess who my alts are but apparently, they were all outed in the VS thread.  😁

I never have and never will post in the forums under any other account but this one.  I stand by everything I say, like it or not.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

I never have and never will post in the forums under any other account but this one.  I stand by everything I say, like it or not.

Me too!

And any bosk who thinks otherwise can contend with the business end of my sword.

And I actually mean my "sword" this time. (Which is not always the case.)

• Haha 7

1 minute ago, Richard Parkes said:
What's this "Twitter" crap? Manly Men don't "tweet" they ROAR!!! Like this: Rawwwwrrrr!

I laughed way too hard at this. It reminds me of someone who recently got banned from FB & Insta.

Slight peeve: I'm so annoyed I even know who he is and really, really wish I could return to my blissful ignorance from a month or two ago before I learned that information. And no, I'm not going to elaborate, don't ask me! I'm just peevin'.

Apologies to all if the purple color looks terrible in Light mode. I'm one of them thar Dark Moders.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I think I know whom you mean now.

And ewwwwww.

LMAO, I was going to offer to message you if you were curious. I wasn't sure if you had the pleasure of learning about that...interesting...person. Seems more of a Twitch/TikTok/YouTube kind of reference (Maybe? I don't even know anymore). I learned about it on Twitch like a month or two ago and I'm still peeving about it.

I'm sorry - the whole manly man thing in the signature sent me into a giggle fit. Can't help it. 😂

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

LMAO, I was going to offer to message you if you were curious. I wasn't sure if you had the pleasure of learning about that...interesting...person. Seems more of a Twitch/TikTok/YouTube kind of reference (Maybe? I don't even know anymore). I learned about it on Twitch like a month or two ago and I'm still peeving about it.

I'm sorry - the whole manly man thing in the signature sent me into a giggle fit. Can't help it. 😂

Richard isn't a kick boxer, though.

He's more of a "Jab angrily at your keyboard in a manly way" sort of guy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Richard isn't a kick boxer, though.

He's more of a "Jab angrily at your keyboard in a manly way" sort of guy.

Oh no no no, I wasn't saying he's anything like him. That'd be impossible! This person is truly one-of-a-kind. 😂

Don't mind me! My brain is rather silly today.

• Like 1

Uh...huh. So anyway, lol.

RL peeve: waiting until Monday for my kiddo's abnormal blood test results to come in. I am anxious as hell.

SL peeve: waiting forever for a parcel of land to sell. It's not unreasonably priced (I don't think?!) but I may have to reduce it. I'm trying really hard to not just abandon it. Now I'm wondering if I should just give up and do it!

• Like 3