4 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

It really bothers me that images like this are used at an Adult event, Kinky.  For those unaware, Waifu/wife.   Is it just me being ageist or does this avatar not look about 10 yrs old?

d18293a1f6e7b18344eeaf8fe8735af0.png.38012e8f0282861944ea52e91da7a6a8.png

Yes it’s disturbing to say the least . This is a child, looking about 6. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Rolig Loon said:

I don't know whether I am peeved at the world, or peeved at myself, or just peeved. I finally canceled my subscription to the local newspaper, after more than 20 years. It had gotten thin, publishing news that I had .

Newspaper are a great and an eco friendly way to line the kitty litter box though 🐈🐱

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Krystina Ferraris said:

Newspaper are a great and an eco friendly way to line the kitty litter box though

That's true, and they make excellent packing material, much more eco-friendly than plastic peanuts and bubble wrap.  Still, I can buy 15 lbs of newsprint for less than it costs me to subscribe to the local paper for a month.  That's more sheets of paper, and I don't pack enough stuff to use that much in a year.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

That's true, and they make excellent packing material, much more eco-friendly than plastic peanuts and bubble wrap.  Still, I can buy 15 lbs of newsprint for less than it costs me to subscribe to the local paper for a month.  That's more sheets of paper, and I don't pack enough stuff to use that much in a year.

That’s true and it’s a shame about newspapers over here too. I used to enjoy buying the Sunday times, it was loaded with readable material that would last me a few days over coffee. Over the years it degraded so much I stopped buying it and switched to online news instead. I still buy it every 4 weeks for the odd Sunday coffee read and the month’s kitty litter 🙃 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

59 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Sometimes they are! I had a nice conversation with a big sunflower at the Waterhead  Infohub once.

What were they petaling? Did you get to the root of the matter? So many flowers just want to seeds the day. They've got a thing about the bees' knees. Pollyanna-laters, such a sunny disposition. My science teacher said to remember the gender with, "pistol-packin' mama" (true story). If you wear a flower in your hair, to them is that like the scene in "There's Something About Mary"?

Edited by Love Zhaoying
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Krystina Ferraris said:

That’s true and it’s a shame about newspapers over here too. I used to enjoy buying the Sunday times, it was loaded with readable material that would last me a few days over coffee. Over the years it degraded so much I stopped buying it and switched to online news instead. I still buy it every 4 weeks for the odd Sunday coffee read and the month’s kitty litter 🙃 

We used to buy the Sunday paper every now and then jus to have the paper on hand for starting fires.  However, I read somewhere that you shouldn't burn the colored parts, so when our Sunday paper got down to the comics and ads with only a few sheets of actual news, we stopped getting.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

We used to buy the Sunday paper every now and then jus to have the paper on hand for starting fires.  However, I read somewhere that you shouldn't burn the colored parts, so when our Sunday paper got down to the comics and ads with only a few sheets of actual news, we stopped getting.

Our local paper bought our other local paper. Before that, they had "free" editions set out at businesses, with yesterday's AP news. Ultimately, even in the city that hosts the Poynter Institute, it's not worth getting the local paper. (They also print slightly differing editions for each area / city.)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poynter_Institute

26 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

All it does is turn the color of the flames (blue and green) for a few seconds.

It's been years but you used to be able to buy "fire logs" with colored flames. Now, you can buy the stuff to color the flames in packets. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

All it does is turn the color of the flames (blue and green) for a few seconds.

It's been years but you used to be able to buy "fire logs" with colored flames. Now, you can buy the stuff to color the flames in packets. 

I remember reading somewhere that the colored ink can release toxic fumes.  

Granted, the amount needed to start a fire is pretty small, so it shouldn't be an issue anyway.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I remember reading somewhere that the colored ink can release toxic fumes.  

Granted, the amount needed to start a fire is pretty small, so it shouldn't be an issue anyway.

Then people shouldn't burn newspaper at all since it has black ink all over it made from the same materials as the colored inks. It's not the ink that releases the carbon as it burns, it's the paper that comes from wood.

It was never an issue for us and we read the same. Did some digging and it wasn't the bugaboo so many tried to convince everyone else it was. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

39 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

Then people shouldn't burn newspaper at all since it has black ink all over it made from the same materials as the colored inks. It's not the ink that releases the carbon as it burns, it's the paper that comes from wood.

It was never an issue for us and we read the same. Did some digging and it wasn't the bugaboo so many tried to convince everyone else it was. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Actually, a quick Google indicates that the colored ink will release more toxic fumes than the black ink -- something about the chemical pigments in the colored ink.

It still likely is not an issue if one does not burn lots of it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Actually, a quick Google indicates that the colored ink will release more toxic fumes than the black ink -- something about the chemical pigments in the colored ink.

Things do tend to change over 4 decades. 

I'd rather the newspaper than the cigarette butts.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Didn't newsprint also stop smudging, and stop working with Silly Putty?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Didn't newsprint also stop smudging, and stop working with Silly Putty?

Man, when did that happen? Granted, it's been a long time since I picked up a physical newspaper (yay newfangled intarnets) and even longer time since I played with Silly Putty.  I feel sorry for today's kids. They will never know the joys of turning Garfield into Salvador Dali-esque morphs.

• Like 6

Bought a beautifully landscaped and decorated mainland parcel, thinking it likely that with the effort the seller had put into landscaping it before sale, the objects would stay upon my purchase. The minute I purchased it, half the objects disappeared, leaving a house and furniture floating in the air and no landscaping. I am not sure what happened there, that was a first for me, but it was disappointing to say the least.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

3 hours ago, Stephanie Lovely said:

Bought a beautifully landscaped and decorated mainland parcel, thinking it likely that with the effort the seller had put into landscaping it before sale, the objects would stay upon my purchase. The minute I purchased it, half the objects disappeared, leaving a house and furniture floating in the air and no landscaping. I am not sure what happened there, that was a first for me, but it was disappointing to say the least.

I'd guess that the disappeared items were "no transfer". The seller may not have known.

• Like 1

It's been a cold, wet day.  Thunder, lightning, hail. 

And THIS is when my sinuses decide it's the perfect time to have a full on massive hayfever attack.  I'm talking sneezing, wheezing, swollen eyes, coughing, sinus pain etc.  It's not been this bad since I was a teenager!  

• Like 1
  • Sad 2