On 5/12/2022 at 5:14 PM, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

People who say (and may even believe) that respect has to be earned rather than extending common respect to others unless there is a reason to have lost it.

Respect is Earned. what you are asking for is common courtesy, Which is the bare minimum that every person deserves and it cannot be earned or lost.  I can be Polite with people I do not respect.

Respect is Holding a person in high regard or esteem

common courtesy is politeness that people can usually be expected to show.

• Like 4

Pet Peeve for today: The cost of being nice, emotionally supportive, and helpful to other people.

My RL housemate loves to tell me about her work and relationship problems, but when I mentioned someone in SL, her response was " I think Second Life is addictive and delusional".  I said a few times she could help herself to some of the food I bought, so now she opens a bag of oranges when I buy it and helps herself to half of them. The last time, I kept the bag in my room to avoid her eating them.

I have 4 guys in SL now who text or want to come over to tell me their relationship problems and insecurities. The latest one wants to go dancing, when I'd rather build stuff and sort inventory.

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

7 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Today's peeve is about ME:   Letting myself get sucked in to conversations that are nothing but debates based on personal views when I have made a vow to avoid all such discussions.

This reminds me of a tiktok clip I saw on a youtube post.

Question - Give me a phrase that someone born after 2000 wouldn't understand.

Reply - Oh I haven't considered that point of view before, and although I disagree with your opinion, we're still friends.

These days, that question applies to MANY "someones" I feel. 

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, Jordan Whitt said:

Not being able to mute people in clubs who use the chat over-ride thingie.  It is PEEVING me greatly.  Now I remember why I rarely venture from my skypad!

If you're talking about those chat range extenders some clubs use, it have to block the device itself.  One club I go to had 3 or 4 of them.  I did an area search using CHAT and found them.  The club has a handful of people who seem to think it's still 2009 and screen filling gestures are cool.

• Like 3

PC maintenance. Turned mine on first time in a couple months, to a horrible rattling.

After taking the cover off and cleaning the insides, I discovered the cover on the graphics card fell off causing its fan to rattle. Solved with zip ties, and logged in as my LoveXiaoying alt for the first time in a couple years!  She pretty.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Persephone Emerald said:

her response was " I think Second Life is addictive and delusional".

If you have gained any wisdom or insight from SL, it's not delusional. Addictive.. yeah but who cares 😎

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Love Zhaoying said:

I'd be like, "biotch, you're the one that's delusional if you think sharing is eating half my food."

To be fair to her, I never told her she can't still help herself to the oranges I buy and leave in the kitchen. I also hate confrontation most of the time, so I avoid the conflict and just keep feeling secretly peeved. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

To be fair to her, I never told her she can't still help herself to the oranges I buy and leave in the kitchen. I also hate confrontation most of the time, so I avoid the conflict and just keep feeling secretly peeved. 

So, I'd suggest not thinking of it as a confrontation but as a small course correction.  "Inflation is cutting into my food budget, so I've decided that I can't be as generous with my oranges [or whatever] as I was. I hope you understand."  

• Like 4

Hunts that started adding a "25L" or "50L" exclusive 'prize' and now some of the stores ONLY have the 25/50L exclusive item without the original 1L item.  

I got news for you -- me having to pay 25/50L for an item, makes it no longer a "prize", exclusive or not.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Jordan Whitt said:

People I don't know and who don't appear to be SLers adding my name to their Flickr comments to get more views on their crappy pictures!!!

I just got that today, with someone wanting to advertise their new RL panties. Lol 

• Sad 1

Peeve #344: Another thing needing a dumb QR code.  Going to the lab to get blood tested and the check in procedure requires a QR code --- no alternatives.  When the phlebotomist asked why I didn't check in properly, I told him no smart phone. After a few moments he finally took the blood.

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, Jordan Whitt said:

People I don't know and who don't appear to be SLers adding my name to their Flickr comments to get more views on their crappy pictures!!!

I've had to block a few of those people.  You can set it so only friends can tag you in a photo.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Kimmi Zehetbauer said:

Peeve #344: Another thing needing a dumb QR code.  Going to the lab to get blood tested and the check in procedure requires a QR code --- no alternatives.  When the phlebotomist asked why I didn't check in properly, I told him no smart phone. After a few moments he finally took the blood.

I mean at least give us a choice if you want to go digital to sign in online. Like at the place I usually go to for bloodwork, I can just sign up for an appointment online with my PC or my Smart Phone and I just have to walk there and tell them my name and check in. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Hunts that started adding a "25L" or "50L" exclusive 'prize' and now some of the stores ONLY have the 25/50L exclusive item without the original 1L item.  

I got news for you -- me having to pay 25/50L for an item, makes it no longer a "prize", exclusive or not.

Maybe is a "prize" like having a "bad boy" partner who cheats on you?

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Peeve: Logged into SL first time in awhile, forgot I have L$400k from selling land. What to do, what to do.

Go to the Lifestyle & Relationships board and announce that all those seeking a sugar daddy need seek no more! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3