Looking forward to 2048 Linden Homes...

Fay Starlight

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 564 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, Fay Starlight said:

I grew up in Florida and recall the days when the resident pass for the day was about 26 bucks!!?! 

I grew up in Michigan, lived in San Francisco for many years, and then returned to Michigan. Somehow never made it to Disneyland when I was out there. My great niece was having a celebration at Disney World after she kicked acute lymphocytic leukemia's ass when she was 4 years old. The extended family was going to meet in Orlando for the event, and she ended up in the hospital. The trip was postponed and only involved her immediate family. The best gift is that she is now a thriving teenager!

• Like 9

12 hours ago, Marisa Starbrook said:

I grew up in Michigan, lived in San Francisco for many years, and then returned to Michigan. Somehow never made it to Disneyland when I was out there. My great niece was having a celebration at Disney World after she kicked acute lymphocytic leukemia's ass when she was 4 years old. The extended family was going to meet in Orlando for the event, and she ended up in the hospital. The trip was postponed and only involved her immediate family. The best gift is that she is now a thriving teenager!

Glad she survived, and is doing well :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The first time I visited Disneyland was back in the early 60s. Believe it or not admission was only 5 bucks, but you had to buy ticket books to ride the rides in addition to that entry fee. I remember as a child wanting the big book but my parents could only afford the small book of tickets. By the time I was a young teen, I remember my sister and I planning our day based on how many tickets we had and how busy the park was that day. Budgeting our tickets and time was a good life skill lesson. 

Ah the memories!

Edited by Blush Bravin
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

The first time I visited Disneyland was back in the early 60s. Believe it or not admission was only 5 bucks, but you had to buy ticket books to ride the rides in addition to that entry fee. I remember as a child wanting the big book but my parents could only afford the small book of tickets. By the time I was a young teen, I remember my sister and I planning our day based on how many tickets we had and how busy the park was that day. Budgeting our tickets and time was a good life skill lesson. 

Ah the memories!

Remember the "E" tickets were the best, LOL! Not sure when they stopped that, I am guessing later 70s?  I have no idea, its been since I was a young kid in my memory.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Trinity Aironaut said:

Pools in the yards would be nice, it's the one thing these beautiful homes are lacking, the land would be large enough to fit a small pool in,  it would provide decorating opportunities and would separate these homes from the premium ones.....might even inspire an upgrade or 2.........................

I like the general idea of a pool but personally, I would want it to be my choice to add one or not. It does mean being creative and raising it up when building your own (since we can't terraform) but I've seen some great results from belli's doing that. I just would not want it forced on me or placed in a spot I might not want a pool. ♥

🐹

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Trinity Aironaut said:

Pools in the yards would be nice, it's the one thing these beautiful homes are lacking, the land would be large enough to fit a small pool in,  it would provide decorating opportunities and would separate these homes from the premium ones.....might even inspire an upgrade or 2.........................

That would be nice. The old Meadowbrooks had texture change options for grass, gravel, water in the enclosed front yard area. One could dream.

• Like 3

How about terraforming in a restricted way, only down, to make pools? And when a house is abandoned, that action reset the land to flat?

I am thinking that terraforming up will lead to unwanted actions. Like making walls around the property. Or lift the whole land up... and would the house move up? One could bury the house, then put another on top, and that would not be good.

A limit of terraforming 3 m down, would that be enough for pools?

• Like 1

Well, the room in the pic is definitely a Trad, even tho Logs have the same sort of simple molding.  And trads desperately need both open floorplans and My Colors. Even if Trads are the only theme getting enhanced, that would be terrific.  I've been holding onto a 2nd Trad for a few months, waiting for open floorplans!

Vics and Logs already have "My Colors", but it sure would be great if they got open floorplans!  And it would also be great if Houseboats could get "My Colors" - they are all pretty open inside, so don't need open floorplans.  But that permanent dark wall on the Windlass ... 

It's been a while since I had a Camper, but I don't think they need open floorplans either, do they?  I don't think they have "My Colors", but do people feel they need that feature?

• Like 6

42 minutes ago, Anthony McGregor said:

What do you think the fire in the small bowl, means?

I think Patch saw this incense bowl mishap animation somewhere and thought it would make a cute focal point for a pic :)  But I'm usually wrong about Patch's pics.

The coloring book w/pencils, as well as the interior design coffee table book, seem relevant, tho!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

Well, the room in the pic is definitely a Trad, even tho Logs have the same sort of simple molding.  And trads desperately need both open floorplans and My Colors. 

And some update on the outside textures... I love mine and I'm keeping it forever, but with those roof and pavement textures, the theme feels dated to me.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Elena Core said:

And some update on the outside textures... I love mine and I'm keeping it forever, but with those roof and pavement textures, the theme feels dated to me.

I agree on the textures, but what bothers me even more are the unfinished roof edges.  It's why I ultimately abandoned mine.   I'm holding one for now, waiting to see what changes they make, but if they are all interior enhancements, I will probably toss it.     

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Matthieu Quander said:

I agree on the textures, but what bothers me even more are the unfinished roof edges.  It's why I ultimately abandoned mine.   I'm holding one for now, waiting to see what changes they make, but if they are all interior enhancements, I will probably toss it.     

LOL, are you a builder/contractor in RL :P

• Haha 3

• Moles
On 11/21/2022 at 1:49 AM, Marianne Little said:

How about terraforming in a restricted way, only down, to make pools? And when a house is abandoned, that action reset the land to flat?

I am thinking that terraforming up will lead to unwanted actions. Like making walls around the property. Or lift the whole land up... and would the house move up? One could bury the house, then put another on top, and that would not be good.

A limit of terraforming 3 m down, would that be enough for pools?

Terraforming down would also lead to unwanted consequences like people digging their whole parcel down as far as it would go. Even if that is only 3 meters, that is still a lot. There is no mechanism for reverting a parcel after it is abandoned or changes hands. It is a manual process. I can easily see how a system for reverting land when it changes ownership would have many disastrous consequences as well, so you'd have people getting houses that were previously abandoned with watery holes dug in them and they may not know how to flatten it again. Plus the fact that sharp terrain level changes could pull part of the terrain outside their parcels down or make it jagged and bumpy... creating walls, fenceposts or plants floating above the actual terrain. Add to that complaints that they want to make a pool 2m deep, but the region water level is 1m below grade in their location, not enough to make a pool using Linden water, but deep enough it interferes with their pool. 

Edited by Abnor Mole
  • Like 15

5 minutes ago, Abnor Mole said:

Terraforming down would also lead to unwanted consequences like people digging their whole parcel down as far as it would go. Even if that is only 3 meters, that is still a lot. There is no mechanism for reverting a parcel after it is abandoned or changes hands. It is a manual process. I can easily see how a system for reverting land when it changes ownership would have many disastrous consequences as well, so you'd have people getting houses that were previously abandoned with watery holes dug in them and they may not know how to flatten it again. Plus the fact that sharp terrain level changes could pull part of the terrain outside their parcels down or make it jagged and bumpy... creating walls, fenceposts or plants floating above the actual terrain. Add to that complaints that they want to make a pool 2m deep, but the region water level is 1m below grade in their location, not enough to make a pool using Linden water, but deep enough it interferes with their pool. 

I support your decision not to allow terraforming in anyway. Because you KNOW what will happen.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 564 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.