Shopping in SL - what can't you get enough of?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 756 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

10 hours ago, Adamburp Adamczyk said:

Let's see, what can't I just get enough of? hrm, now that's a difficult one to answer

My Toilets.png

Barry Allen, The Flash, is the Fastest Man Alive. Nobody ever seems to consider the fact that, to fuel this incredible speed, he requires the Fastest Metabolism Alive as well. And this in turn means that he needs to get rid of those metabolic byproducts...very very frequently.

Good thing he IS the Fastest Man Alive, or he'd spend all his time in the can and none of it fighting supervillains.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

There are two versions of the F-104 Starfighter and one of the F-106 Delta Dart on the Marketplace.

Interesting. I'll have to look those up. I've always had a soft spot for pretty much all mid century era jets, as my grandfather served in the Air Force during that time.

On 8/13/2022 at 10:06 PM, Stephanie Lovely said:

What do you just keep buying even though you really don't need it?

For me, it is couple's dances. Especially if they are really fun or a bit silly. I have a dance ball loaded with them, it rivals a lot big venues. I also buy more hair than I could ever possibly wear, but keep going back to the same styles all the time.

Hair. Especially Magika's hair. Since she released the new textures a couple of years ago I've bought nearly all of them.  I literally don't even bother with a demo any more, I just buy each new style on the day of release, or as close to it as I can. 

• Like 4

Oh great thread! Just found it!

I'm so excited! I have everything Truth and Lamb make, but no Magika since 2011. Rushing over right now! 

Now, quick, who can help me find a land motor vehicle that I can actually drive (using my laptop's touchpad) without crashing into everything? (Especially on twisty Belli roads).

Thanks in advance 😁

Edited by Eirynne Sieyes

3 hours ago, Eirynne Sieyes said:

Oh great thread! Just found it!

I'm so excited! I have everything Truth and Lamb make, but no Magika since 2011. Rushing over right now! 

Now, quick, who can help me find a land motor vehicle that I can actually drive (using my laptop's touchpad) without crashing into everything? (Especially on twisty Belli roads).

Thanks in advance 😁

Start with something slow, like from Surplus Motors. Jules has some nice deals, most are suited to newer drivers. Might head over to 2RAW to test it out. 

ETA: Where I got started, both w Surplus and 2RAW. Before you know it you'll be a speed freak and buy bikes from Deezul and IK. Warning, it's addictive :)

Edited by HeathcliffMontague
  • Like 1

Not in order of abundance or addictions, but in order as I think of them. Hair, clothes, Levox makeup, earrings, solo dances for my hud, landscaping items (boulders, water, plants), structures (new house? I gotta have that house!). I think what this reveals about me is that I am a compulsive SL shopper. RL, no way no how!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/14/2022 at 9:47 AM, Leora Greenwood said:

Skyboxes!  I have always been obsessed with them, even when they have too high an LI to be used for long.   Back in the days when we only got 117 LI to use on a 512, I had a furnished house and two skyboxes....

OMFG, I bought five more in the weekend sales and still passed on a couple that were very high in LI.  There IS no cure!!  🙀🙀🙀

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Leora Greenwood said:

OMFG, I bought five more in the weekend sales and still passed on a couple that were very high in LI.  There IS no cure!!  🙀🙀🙀

If you go to the sim, you could get this one for 75L last week

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Scarlet-Creative-Spellbound-Skybox/10650376

Window shopping is a new hobby of mine 😅

• Haha 1

On 8/22/2022 at 2:29 PM, HeathcliffMontague said:

Was recently asked by a nice woman how many motorcycles I have. I countered with "how many pairs of shoes do you have?"

Her: How could anyone know that? Me: Exactly. :)

Out of curiosity, how many pairs of shoes do you have? I have exactly 4, formal, casual, bunny slippers and sandals. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

In RL I never was a shopaholic, but here! And not so much clothes - although I am always looking for nice suits and hats with just a bit of a different stripe or colour - but landscaping things! Flowers, bushes, trees, plants. Everything to make my land just that little bit better and more beautiful. Every day, I scour both the marketplace and my land to see if a blade of grass can be changed or needs to be replaced. Now it is slowly getting autumn, so I can start working again.

Edited by archangel969
  • Like 4

On 9/4/2022 at 4:33 AM, Robberinthemuseum said:

Out of curiosity, how many pairs of shoes do you have? I have exactly 4, formal, casual, bunny slippers and sandals. 

Call yourself a bloke, and you don't have a pair of combat boots? Pffft. 

I have... 94 pairs of flat shoes (including sneakers), 127 pairs of heels and 107 pairs of boots, (including 5 pairs of combat boots).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Hair and shoes mostly. No idea how many other than too many.

Since I was influenced into doing shopping events, I also buy anything that catches my eye. But I'm picky so that doesn't amount to much really.

No cars or planes. One boat. I do fancy getting a submersible though, but undersea sims are rare.

• Like 3

On 9/7/2022 at 9:52 AM, archangel969 said:

In RL I never was a shopaholic, but here! And not so much clothes - although I am always looking for nice suits and hats with just a bit of a different stripe or colour - but landscaping things! Flowers, bushes, trees, plants. Everything to make my land just that little bit better and more beautiful. Every day, I scour both the marketplace and my land to see if a blade of grass can be changed or needs to be replaced. Now it is slowly getting autumn, so I can start working again.

Well, I would like to add that when it comes to clothing, I mostly wear suits, even in summer (when I wear light-coloured suits, I have some white and cream-coloured ones), although I also have shorts and sneakers, but I rarely wear them. I do have swimwear, though, because I have an indoor underground pool on my land. I also have quite a lot - I haven't counted them - of casual clothes, jeans and so on, but I hardly ever wear those either. My suits are mostly from Deadwool, Cold ash, L&B, Hoorenbeek, Notsobad and Epia, although I don't really like the collars of the latter. I usually buy the fatpack so I can endlessly vary colour and design. I also have about ten hats of which I only wear a few (also in many colours to go with the suit) and dozens of shoes. I also have quite a few outdoor outfits. But it's just like in real life: an overflowing wardrobe, but you only wear a teeny-tiny bit of it.

Snapshot_kleding.png

Edited by archangel969
  • Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 756 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.