Has anyone seen my wallet?

Abnor Mole

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 339 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

3 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

I've skimmed this thread, and as usual, I'm confused. So... this is just a fun, random thing some of the Moles are doing? Belli is HUGE. Is there a rhyme or reason to finding these things?

More or less a fun random thing.... I searched for about an hour the other day and found nothing. I don't think there any pattern to finding them... I'm sure I won't find any unless one of them wanders onto the back deck of my stilt and happens to drop something.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

I've skimmed this thread, and as usual, I'm confused. So... this is just a fun, random thing some of the Moles are doing? Belli is HUGE. Is there a rhyme or reason to finding these things?

The moles who have left things generally give a vague clue but not always,  Those of us who have found things usually post about it with equal vagueness.  Sometimes an item will turn up in the same area again so going to those places will increase your odds.  I treat it like a hunt and use the same skills I use on hunts.  Sometimes I really don't care whether I find anything or not because I enjoy wandering around Belli and seeing all the clever bits.  Then when I stumble on something it's a treat.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Community regions have had some of them, so worth checking back there sometimes. Also check out things like isolated islands (the sort that have rez zones and/or lighthouses) and parks. Some are more obscure and I still haven't found the watering can or whatever Maximus has dropped, but going to the more obvious places might land you one or two.

Edited by Polenth Yue
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Polenth Yue said:

Community regions have had some of them, so worth checking back there sometimes. Also check out things like isolated islands (the sort that have rez zones and/or lighthouses) and parks. Some are more obscure and I still haven't found the watering can or whatever Maximus has dropped, but going to the more obvious places might land you one or two.

I had collected all of them up to the watering can. I was away for almost 2 weeks because my Mom was very ill on a vent in the hospital. Feeling pretty skeptical there are even any more watering cans left to look for now?

The new one is totally unknown. One found for certain, no hints, maybe there was just one? 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

28 minutes ago, Fay Starlight said:

I had collected all of them up to the watering can. I was away for almost 2 weeks because my Mom was very ill on a vent in the hospital. Feeling pretty skeptical there are even any more watering cans left to look for now?

The new one is totally unknown. One found for certain, no hints, maybe there was just one? 

I hope your mother is better and recuperating at home, Fay.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Fay Starlight said:

I think that after an item has been found, the moles put out another one somewhere.  I don't know this for a fact, but it's what I think. I've found all of them but the mysterious something that Maximus lost (if he indeed lost anything, he hasn't said). And I wasn't the first to find any of them. 

Edited by kali Wylder
dang typos!
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, kali Wylder said:

I think that after an item has been found, the moles put out another one somewhere.  

Don't quite understand what you mean.  But I do know that, for some of the cards, I've found 3 or so of them in various places at the same time.  Right now there's two of the same one in a single Fantasy region.

They can sometimes be found in residential regions- doesn't HAVE to be a public region, but usually they are.

I haven't seen anything unusual belonging to Maximus.  Whatever it is.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

Don't quite understand what you mean.  But I do know that, for some of the cards, I've found 3 or so of them in various places at the same time.  Right now there's two of the same one in a single Fantasy region.

yeah, I've seen that too.  ETA: I tend to go back to places where I've been lucky before and I've seen new items that weren't there the last time I looked.

Edited by kali Wylder
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, kali Wylder said:

I think that after an item has been found, the moles put out another one somewhere.  I don't know this for a fact, but it's what I think. I've found all of them but the mysterious something that Maximus lost (if he indeed lost anything, he hasn't said). And I wasn't the first to find any of them. 

Maximus will have lost his watch I think, because he said something about arriving at the same places as the other Moles only later, which suggests he is a bad timekeeper because he perhaps was looking for his timepiece. 

Edited by Marigold Devin
ssssssssssss
  • Like 6

9 hours ago, Fay Starlight said:

I just got both items, so they're out there. What took me some time is my first goes at the clues led me to the wrong places. Older themes doesn't necessarily mean the very oldest. Being where moles have been before doesn't have to mean where the moles lost things before. If one area isn't turning up much, try something new.

Edited by Polenth Yue
  • Like 8

11 hours ago, Polenth Yue said:

I just got both items, so they're out there. What took me some time is my first goes at the clues led me to the wrong places. Older themes doesn't necessarily mean the very oldest. Being where moles have been before doesn't have to mean where the moles lost things before. If one area isn't turning up much, try something new.

Naw over it it's all too vague for me, I am not doing anymore. Good luck!

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

4 hours ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

I don't know what when on at SSPSome Pig train station but first i came across a lipstick (non returnable) @Lulabell Mole left at the ticket window and then i found @Abnor Mole's dropped wallet on the platform

40106457_Snapshotlulabellmole_001_edited.thumb.jpg.477d605291b576a693f7998485dc5629.jpg1979106421_SnapshotAbnor_001_edited.thumb.jpg.bc031efccf8725e1c9af85c40031bec1.jpg

That's how rumours start 😜 

Abnor and Lulabell sitting in a tree Kay Eye Ess Ess Eye En Gee

• Haha 6

On 8/15/2022 at 9:25 AM, CharleyMayne said:

Apparently I was the first to find Maximus' trading card! I utterly adore the way it was hidden.

And I'm saying nothing. ;)

Only fitting since you have gifted us with your Monday and Thursday train trips!!  I look forward to them every week!

• Like 3

Thanks @Maximus Mole

You are quite the adventurerererererer.  I had to lace up my hiking boots and explore off trail and then everything self-destructed.  Yeah, got my first card!

image.jpeg

ETA:  Was I supposed to leave a hint?  It all happened so fast.  There I was walking through the forest and I spotted something in the grass.  I walked a bit closer and (against my better judgement) touched it.  I swear it changed color and a countdown started.  I back-pedaled as fast as my flailing arms and legs would take me.  There was an explosion and some words in French.   I don't speak French.  The item I saw disappeared.  That's all I remember...

I heard some words in my head...  It was such a forlorn sound, it  almost brought tears to my eyes.

Bad touch! BAD TOUCH! STRANGER DANGER!
You won't get me to talk - initiating self-destruct!
Five Seconds...
Four Seconds...
Three Seconds...
Two Seconds...
One Second...
Zero! I'm done for! Goodbye, cruel world!!!

And then:  

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!11!!!eleventy-one!

I admit that I wanted to touch it again, but it was gone.

Edited by Cinnamon Mistwood
  • Like 6
  • Haha 3

@kali WylderWhere, where?

In contrast I have:

• discovered tons of beautiful little mole-made gathering spots
  • one lot with no Linden home on it (!)
  •  at least 4 truly AR-able locations.   
  • and have put a heck of a tp strain on the SL servers. 😂

Now it's not that bad, I have managed to snag a few items, but nothing to write home about.

Edited by Eirynne Sieyes
  • Like 6

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 339 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.