Blake sea and sex.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 707 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So I have noticed a lot quite a few people are blatantly having sex in Blake Sea sims both animation wise but also emoting out in local channels even though the Sims are tagged as being Mature and not adult. I remember there used to be a group that the power to boot and ban people whom did such things (Along with banning trolls and such) I think they were called Coastguards or something. but it have been a while since I have seen any of them.. Anyone know if they have dropped enforcement or what? Since it's getting quite annoying. 

What I'm wondering is what sort of person has the time and the inclination to go patrolling large bodies of water, finding boats and inspecting them to see if any Naughty Activities are going on?

My ex-partner would be appalled, since she preferred sailing with both herself and her crew in their birthday suits, rather than their sailor suits. Although we actually sailed, and therefore were too busy managing the boat to indulge in any hanky-panky.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

35 minutes ago, Cinos Field said:

As far as I know they allow it as long as it's inside a boat with no open windows. (and not in public chat)

That's the thing they are not doing it inside of the boats they are outside of the boats and as I said they are using public chat..

30 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

What I'm wondering is what sort of person has the time and the inclination to go patrolling large bodies of water, finding boats and inspecting them to see if any Naughty Activities are going on?

My ex-partner would be appalled, since she preferred sailing with both herself and her crew in their birthday suits, rather than their sailor suits. Although we actually sailed, and therefore were too busy managing the boat to indulge in any hanky-panky.

They never banned people for sailing around in they birthday suit.. It was right out lewd stuff that was being cracked down. And I have seen more and more of it happening on Blake Sea  Siren's Island which do tend to hit population cap so it's not even some remove place it's happening. 

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Misser Sweetwater said:

I have seen more and more of it happening on Blake Sea  Siren's Island

...Immediately starts provisioning her boat for a trip. (I have lots of room for provisions because I somehow forgot to pack any clothes.)

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, Misser Sweetwater said:

There is no rule about going through a General Sim with  a boat that contain sex poses.. So long as you don't use them. 

" Sexually-oriented objects such as "sex beds" or poseballs may not be located or sold in General regions."

Is it located in a general sim if it's located on your boat that is (even if temporarily) located in a general sim? Does it count as "located" if you're anchoring there for 2 minutes? I don't know :)

• Like 2

Siren's Isle was/is the home of some pretty wild stuff, especially in the past. It was not uncommon for orgies to be happening on boat decks out of nowhere in plain sight.

Most you find now is the huge boats that are moored in random places, like near islands, with people doing their thing. I've seen a lot of it in chat while swimming, but I am also desensitized to it over the years.

If they are out of the general boating areas and not out in the open, I wouldn't have a problem with it. Siren's is just bad for the amount of people there, either AFK or chilling out, and having to experience it while navigating around the huge obelisks. 

9 minutes ago, xDancingStarx said:

" Sexually-oriented objects such as "sex beds" or poseballs may not be located or sold in General regions."

Is it located in a general sim if it's located on your boat that is (even if temporarily) located in a general sim? Does it count as "located" if you're anchoring there for 2 minutes? I don't know :)

If it's in the region and out of your inventory, then it's located in the region..

They don't want those things in General rated sims, because General is rated for all ages of users, which includes those under the age of 18.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Akane Nacht said:

Reading the title I wondered if it was mersex... the things I've seen on the seabed... 

Is that when the mermaid lays eggs on the seabed, then the male fertilizes them and transfers the eggs into his mouth to guard them?  And does he wear a wristwatch? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Maybe Gladys Kravitz!

B45C8D80-D788-4931-863F-24FF7967E5DA.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

When I've gone boating, I don't even pay attention to who is on any boat I pass or what they are doing.   I'm usually out of chat range pretty quickly so even if they were emoting in local, I'd have to make an effort to stop and listen to anything more than a snippet.  Not sure it's a big enough issue to even bother LL.  

ETA:  Also wanted to add, if you set your mode to Busy, you won't see local chat.  Your camera, on the other hand, is entirely controlled by what YOU choose to cam in on.  

Edited by Rowan Amore
  • Like 4

17 hours ago, Misser Sweetwater said:

I remember there used to be a group that the power to boot and ban people whom did such things (Along with banning trolls and such) I think they were called Coastguards or something. but it have been a while since I have seen any of them.. Anyone know if they have dropped enforcement or what? 

The CG still exist, but they've never have had or have any "power" as far as booting and banning goes. Their purpose, from what I have learned over the past few years, (beyond RP) is to patrol the waters looking for stranded or abandoned boats, which then the owner of said boat is contacted to come recover it. Which I have to say, is a decent service, especially when crossings can be bad.  

It could be ages ago they had some ability to "police" with the power to boot and ban, but as for recently (as in the last 4 or 5 years) that I've seen, nope. 

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, Vicious Hollow said:
17 hours ago, Misser Sweetwater said:

I remember there used to be a group that the power to boot and ban people whom did such things (Along with banning trolls and such) I think they were called Coastguards or something. but it have been a while since I have seen any of them.. Anyone know if they have dropped enforcement or what? 

The CG still exist, but they've never have had or have any "power" as far as booting and banning goes. Their purpose, from what I have learned over the past few years, (beyond RP) is to patrol the waters looking for stranded or abandoned boats, which then the owner of said boat is contacted to come recover it. Which I have to say, is a decent service, especially when crossings can be bad.  

It could be ages ago they had some ability to "police" with the power to boot and ban, but as for recently (as in the last 4 or 5 years) that I've seen, nope. 

I hope the CG also checks for inebriated boaters. Safety first!

• Haha 1

Don't color me surprised that there is sex in Blake Sea sims.
In SL there is sex everywhere. For a lot of people it is one of the reasons to be in SL year in, year out.

<Insert the obvious Toy Story everywhere meme image here>

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 2

There is a Linden-owned private group called Blake Sea (of which I am a member) founded by @Patch Linden. This group includes resident members having the "Race Director" role whose purpose is to administer sailing races. This role grants perms for rezzing and ejecting but in practice these are only exercised as an aspect of race administration. Otherwise, residents are merely roleplayers and have no governance authority.

Should you observe what you believe is a TOS violation in the Blake Sea, your should AR the perp.

In practice, sailing groups such as the Leeward Cruising Club (of which I am a member) avoid regions such as Sirens Isle and Barbarossa primarily due to lag, but also to avoid interactions with those not respectful of sailors (e.g. griefers and boarders).

The regions whose names begin with "Blake Sea" are rated Moderate, however, some bordering regions are rated General. The Maturity Ratings page in the Knowledge Base leaves issues of nudity in Moderate regions open to interpretation but specifically excludes behavior that might "promote sexual conduct".

Topless sailing has historically been permitted in Moderate regions.

Edited by diamond Marchant
added links
  • Thanks 3

Come to Zindra. Zindra has a sizable ocean, and it's little used. There are some unmarked water rez zones:

• Mosh South/53/219 in the Port of Kama City. Linden-owned.
  • Ursula Bay/109/167, a ruined dock, Linden owned.
  • Pimuenti/22/176, a dock owned by Bay City Lands and open to the public. A few boats are docked there.
  • Villareal/202/140, a marked private rez zone.

If any moles read this, it would help to mark the Linden rez zones in Zindra, both land and water. Few users know where they are.

LCC used to have a location in Zindra, but that seems to be gone.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, animats said:

Come to Zindra. Zindra has a sizable ocean, and it's little used. There are some unmarked water rez zones:

• Pimuenti/22/176, a dock owned by Bay City Lands and open to the public. A few boats are docked there.

If any moles read this, it would help to mark the Linden rez zones in Zindra, both land and water. Few users know where they are.

You can also rez anywhere along the waterfront in Danim, in southwest Zindra.

Edited by Jennifer Boyle
typo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, animats said:

The OP is trying to AVOID sex on boats not find it. 😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 707 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.