Female avis are getting smaller and smaller? 0.0

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 679 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

When I was new in SL or the first 5 years, I was average height. If I landed in a popular shop, I would say half of the females was taller than me, and half shorter.

This has changed. I am now in the upper 1/4 I would say. Many more is shorter than me, but it is still some that are taller.

I change my height all the time. Especially the legs. In very high shoes, I find the legs look crazy long. But then SL high shoes is really high. And when I wear flats, the lags look short, so I bump up the slider a bit.

Disclaimer: I can't remember using a tool for "real" proportions in at least 10 years. I eyeball myself on the screen and say it's ok.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

It is like this or worse height difference in SL. She has normal heels, while in SL girls can have enormous plateau heels and not reach a man's nipple.

Edit: I think this is men's dream in RL. It must be, or else, would they not be shorter in SL?

Men seem to think their height indicates their freenis length, and we all know 12 inches is normal in SL...

• Haha 8

8 minutes ago, Jaylinbridges said:

Men seem to think their height indicates their freenis length, and we all know 12 inches is normal in SL...

Isn't the poses way off? Or do pose creators use much smaller female avs when they install poses now? I haven't been using a bed, not even dances in years. I seem to remember that a female a head smaller than the male was a good match for poses to line up.

Remember that the "height" in the appearance editor understates your actual av height. Measure it with a prim scaled from your head to your toes you can be as much as 25% taller than you think you are.

There's also something about mesh - when I upload something that an avatar is supposed to use. I'm scaled to my RL "prim height" but when I upload a mesh in "RL scale" it reports its dimensions accurately in the editor but I still have to scale it up by a little bit for it to look right with my avatar.

oh, and on the subject of "big butts" I have been WAITING for somebody to give me an excuse to post this for your entertainment and sleepless earworms...

• Haha 5

48 minutes ago, Da5id Weatherwax said:

Remember that the "height" in the appearance editor understates your actual av height. Measure it with a prim scaled from your head to your toes you can be as much as 25% taller than you think you are.

There's also something about mesh - when I upload something that an avatar is supposed to use. I'm scaled to my RL "prim height" but when I upload a mesh in "RL scale" it reports its dimensions accurately in the editor but I still have to scale it up by a little bit for it to look right with my avatar.

oh, and on the subject of "big butts" I have been WAITING for somebody to give me an excuse to post this for your entertainment and sleepless earworms...

I enjoyed the heck out of that.  I've done most of those dances.  Where I live in RL there are actual saloons (swinging doors, hay on the floor)and country line dancing on Saturday nights.  Yeah, it's definitely backwoods here.  Loved the mashup!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

I enjoyed the heck out of that.  I've done most of those dances.  Where I live in RL there are actual saloons (swinging doors, hay on the floor)and country line dancing on Saturday nights.  Yeah, it's definitely backwoods here.  Loved the mashup!

There are three acapella groups really worth hearing posting online at the moment. Everyone knows about Pentatonix, the experimentalists. But there's the "theatre kids" in the form of Voiceplay and the "country boys" of Home Free.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

It is like this or worse height difference in SL. She has normal heels, while in SL girls can have enormous plateau heels and not reach a man's nipple.

Edit: I think this is men's dream in RL. It must be, or else, would they not be shorter in SL?

fqyioffmah541.jpg

Unrelated but, how is she standing in grass??

When I wear heels on grass it's game over, the dirt sucks me in 😂

Edited by Nightingalia

42 minutes ago, Nightingalia said:

When I wear heels on grass it's game over, the dirt sucks me in 😂

I'm just taking a stab at it, but it might be because that ground probably was never sodded and probably planted over virgin soil. they probably had some good soil to work with there..

It looks like it's a small town or unincorporated area because of no sidewalks and ditch in the front yard.

I'm guessing it's probably end of summer in the south, closer toward fall, since there are leaves on the ground..

The leaves start to drop early in the south before it gets cold.. So the ground is probably dry and harder , let alone not being sod , she won't dig in near as much as if she was on sod..

If it was in a suburb, ya she'd probably be lookin like she was in flats right about now and probably be standing on sod..

That's my guess anyways.. hehehehehe

I have nothing better to do right now.. :D

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 3

20 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

fqyioffmah541.jpg

She looks about 5’5 and he about 6’2 so not an impossible height difference (see deers and mice etc, jk)😆 

I’m 5’10 and my husband is 6’4 and I look like that in pics beside him in RL 😝

19 hours ago, Jaylinbridges said:

Hahaha yes 🙌 tbh though when a guy uses a realistic height and pp length in SL, the pp looks small compared to the other sausages floating around. So I can understand a guy tweaking those sliders a bit 😂

Bemuses me why in a place where opposition to social stigma is the norm , why size matters , but it obviously does .

There are always exceptions to the rule but is it not fair to say that generally those who consider themselves more dominant almost always appear taller than those inclined to a more submissive role . And why ???

Rl my better half is a full head shorter than me , waif and stray of nothing , but shes the boss . If shes happy then i'm happy . Only occasionally, usually over something trivial , she wants to cuddle a kid who done wrong perhaps , I will put my foot down leaving nobody in any doubt as to who is the ultimate authority .

My stepdaughter on the other hand is a full head shorter than her partner , but there is absolutely no doubt in anyones mind that she is the boss and he never dares forget it 🤣

8 hours ago, Nightingalia said:

Having grown up during those times, though when this picture was taken I was a wee babe in my mother's arms, I can attest to learning how to walk in heels on grass. We tip toed! Our heels were indeed touching the ground but we knew better than to put any weight on any other part of the foot than the toes. :) 

5 hours ago, Krystina Ferraris said:

She looks about 5’5 and he about 6’2 so not an impossible height difference (see deers and mice etc, jk)😆

Dolly Parton is 5 foot even and Carl Dean is 6 foot even. So there is exactly 1 foot difference between their heights.

My mother-in-law and father-in-law were 4'11" and 6'2" respectively. Now that was a difference!

Edited by Blush Bravin
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Blush Bravin said:

Dolly Parton is 5 foot even and Carl Dean is 6 foot even. So there is exactly 1 foot difference between their heights.

My mother-in-law and father-in-law were 4'11" and 6'2" respectively. Now that was a difference!

I never knew Dolly Parton was 5'! 

Wow 4'11 and 6'2 😅  In my first year in university I met this marine who was 6'6. I felt so small compared to him, but I love really tall guys 😍

• Like 1

My avi runs on average from 5 1/2 feet to 6. I have a few looks that hover under four feet, including a twentysomething petite look with the Irina head. Same for my female alts. The guys are taller haha, no one under 6 ft.

I don't change heights based on shoe type... I love myself at 5-5 1/2 most days. I do try to maintain some realistic proportions as far as height, but everything else is tweaked to taste.

ETA: I use Maitreya; my alts are on Belleza Freya, Kalhene Erika or Lucybody Atenea. The guys, who cares? 😛

Edited by JeromFranzic

I'm roughly 6'1" IRL  - both of the ladies that had the misfortune to be married to me over the years were around 5' even, excluding heels  (which they both occasionally wore but both thoroughly hated)

So I could wander up behind her, wrap my arms around and snuggle and she made a perfect chin-rest.

2 hours ago, Krystina Ferraris said:

I never knew Dolly Parton was 5'! 

Wow 4'11 and 6'2 😅  In my first year in university I met this marine who was 6'6. I felt so small compared to him, but I love really tall guys 😍

You're 4'11"?  Finally someone I can look in the eye without putting a kink in my neck!! \o/

I just tell anyone that asks that I'm around 5 feet tall..

My husband is 6'5" and around 290 pounds.. I've lost count on the times people have thought I was his daughter..

I've always liked taller guys, but for the most part that's all there was to choose from.. hehehehe

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ceka Cianci said:

You're 4'11"?  Finally someone I can look in the eye without putting a kink in my neck!! \o/

I just tell anyone that asks that I'm around 5 feet tall..

My husband is 6'5" and around 290 pounds.. I've lost count on the times people have thought I was his daughter..

I've always liked taller guys, but for the most part that's all there was to choose from.. hehehehe

Hahaha no Ceka I was replying to Blush’ commenT about her mother in law’s 4’11 height vs her husband’s 6’2 😅

I’m 5’10 but if you and I are both on the saddle i think we look same height 🐴😁

haha I won’t say anything about tall built guys as I’m exactly same as you, I love them 🙈😜

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Krystina Ferraris said:

Hahaha no Ceka I was replying to Blush’ commenT about her mother in law’s 4’11 height vs her husband’s 6’2 😅

I’m 5’10 but if you and I are both on the saddle i think we look same height 🐴😁

haha I won’t say anything about tall built guys as I’m exactly same as you, I love them 🙈😜

Well damn, I need to start having my first cup before I even open the forums up from now on.. :$hehehehe

ETA: We need to add this smiley to the bottom right corner.. :$

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Sammy Huntsman said:

I mean I understand there reasoning. They want to be their RL height. But the inch in SL and the inch in RL is not 1:1.

Wait...say what??? Sure it is. Or at least my SL meter stick appears correctly proportioned to my eye.

Well, I suppose you can say that all you want, while I can say, "It is too!" all I want, and neither of us will ever be able to prove it one way or another.

"Why is that, Lindal?" I hear the crowd shout.

Very simple: There is no way to transfer any RL object, such as a ruler, to SL We can model one, but there's no way to compare them and see if the real ruler and the model are "really" the same size.

ALL "dimensions" in SL are an arbitrary creation enforced by the Build tools. But since my meter stick looks "right" to me compared to my avatar, I'll accept SL's dimensions as at least being internally consistent.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 679 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.