Any Way to Stop Pervert's from Derezzing Cloths ?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 699 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 hours ago, Extrude Ragu said:

To be honest if someone wants to see your avatar naked on their computer they will see it naked, at the end of the day they have control over what shows up (or doesn't) on their computer monitor

Just think of the billions spent on trying to defeat adblockers. Pretty much completely ineffective. Even on YouTube I have a segue blocker to skip those Skillshare/Shave/Nebula/all the rest that came in after creators couldn't cash in on YouTube ads because they were blocked. If people don't want to see it someone will make the tool for it to not be seen.

It's very hard to control what shows up on someone's monitor. 

yea, at least this pervert need tohack that viewer. LoL. to derender sumthing

the case is, this is legally provided.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

Somebody already said "stop caring" . This is the answer to just about every problem you might ever face online .

In SL you cannot influence anothers game unless your willing to make a very determined effort to victimize them stalking them with alts etc , and the only thing you will achieve by doing that is to force them to quit caring .

To not care is the only proactive defence and so SL will never be more than a game with disposable characters .

I read something about objectifying as well and my answer to that is no , some choose to objectify themselves ,but that has no bearing on their view of others who might have a more serious take on the subject .

Edited by cunomar
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

It's been requested many times. They won't touch it.

Understandable, tbh. The ability to derender attached objects is important to avoid certain types of griefing.

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, Richardus Raymaker said:

Derender option on inworld objects is very important, because bad laser beams and disco lights. But it could be disabled maby for avatars. It's indeed not usefull to derender on avatars.

Then griefers could just wear megaprims to cover the sim anyway. Or particle emitters. Or just big posters that have pictures of unfortunately stretched bodily orifices. It's necessary.

• Like 7

the capability to derender an object has always been in the Linden Viewer. TPVs like Firestorm only extended the functionality to be persistent when the object is no longer selected

menu: Advanced \ Highlighting and Visibility \ Hide Selected

is there so that we can view objects that may be obscured by another object in front. And is a quite useful building aid

Wow! What a thread! I need to get out more, clearly. 🙂

I have never de-rendered anything. Wouldn't know how to, have never felt a need to.

I have never looked up anyone's skirt and have not been aware of anyone looking up mine - except for that one night where the guy lay on the floor but thats another story for another time...

I am perhaps a simpleton, but I take this world as I see it. I don't care who you are in RL, I don't care what gender you are, what suburb you live in, how many husbands or wives you have. Irrelevant. I don't want to see your bank balance.

And I don't care what is under someone's skirt - I will find out if I am invited there.

I am just not sure why someone looking "through" my clothes would be a big deal - but then I am a simple soul.

It is my fantasy body, not my real body.

It is, however, sad that some people would feel "violated" by others intruding in this way. I have never really encountered the sort of annoying avatars that some of you come in contact with, I have been lucky, it seems.

Have a wonderful day, and night.

Space

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Richardus Raymaker said:

Derender option on inworld objects is very important, because bad laser beams and disco lights. But it could be disabled maby for avatars. It's indeed not usefull to derender on avatars.

Any avatar can wear bad laser beams,disco lights and a club.. hehehehe

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Ziggy Starsmith said:

What gives me the eyerolls is how some (not all) like to dress all slinky and sexy and then hold their breath and stomp their feet at the very thought of someone derendering their precious clothing.

How we dressed was by our choice. Having our clothes derendered without consent is not. That lack of consent part will get you chewed every time. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Mollymews said:

the capability to derender an object has always been in the Linden Viewer. TPVs like Firestorm only extended the functionality to be persistent when the object is no longer selected

menu: Advanced \ Highlighting and Visibility \ Hide Selected

is there so that we can view objects that may be obscured by another object in front. And is a quite useful building aid

Because it was intended to be a building aid. 🤭

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Phil Deakins said:

Why anyone would care about people seeing their naked avatar (pixels) is totally beyond me.

Personally it wouldn't bother me either other than being around someone who appears to have a very strange hobby of peering at avatar private parts. LOL  But I  remember when it would have bothered me during a time I was more focused on creating and identifying with my body.

By creating a body in SL, dressing them up, and having experiences with that body in an environment, many begin to identify emotionally with their character and so emotionally experience their avatar similar (to a degree) to how they'd experience themselves in real life. For example, it's much like we might cry when a character we identify with dies in a movie we're watching, or goes through pain. We know someone really didn't die or that their troubles aren't real, but because we know what this pain feels like like we cry as if we are that character.

SL really wouldn't be much fun for many if they didn't identify with their avatar in such a way, or identify with a home to the degree they might want privacy similar to what they need in real life, for example. Perhaps there are some who bring their emotions into SL more than others who remain more distant emotionally.

I wonder if I could create more identification again if I spent more time related to 'body things' instead of building items not related to avatar bodies.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Kiera Clutterbuck said:

By creating a body in SL, dressing them up, and having experiences with that body in an environment, many begin to identify emotionally with their character and so emotionally experience their avatar similar (to a degree) to how they'd experience themselves in real life.

Mayyyyyyyyyyyybe it's because many of the avatars I create aren't human but...I've never really had this experience. I do express various complex emotions through them (primarily in photography), but I don't really feel much connection to the avatars themselves, outside of that.

I also feel somewhat shielded from the peeping eyeballs and derendering shenanigans due to that. But hey, maybe there's someone out there who's really that curious to see undead bits. Have at it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

29 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:
55 minutes ago, Kiera Clutterbuck said:

By creating a body in SL, dressing them up, and having experiences with that body in an environment, many begin to identify emotionally with their character and so emotionally experience their avatar similar (to a degree) to how they'd experience themselves in real life.

Mayyyyyyyyyyyybe it's because many of the avatars I create aren't human but...I've never really had this experience. I do express various complex emotions through them (primarily in photography), but I don't really feel much connection to the avatars themselves, outside of that.

I also feel somewhat shielded from the peeping eyeballs and derendering shenanigans due to that. But hey, maybe there's someone out there who's really that curious to see undead bits. Have at it.

Yeah could be having a human avatar would evoke more body identification and the feelings that can go along with it.
Could be having friends, especially romance, causes more identification.
Could be how some view SL as only a game with unreal characters, whereas some view it as a platform where real experiences are taking place.
Could be some are unable to feel anything is real unless there is a concrete physical presence like we have in real life.
Could be so many things I haven't thought of.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

One way to deal with a preeeeverrrt is,

Get'um aaaalll  gud an Horned up.. Then when they're Aaaall Gud and Horned up say, Brb Phone!!.

Then just go shopping or somethin.

animaechan-evil-laugh.gif

Maybe change into frog first. Then leave and go shopping.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Avatar-Frog-Prince-outfitRiki-collection/20081848

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/kowloon-frog-mesh-avatar-2/5488739

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Anoura/7583612

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I think someone else said this, but to paraphrase: Easiest way to stop preverts from de-rezzing your clothing, is to not wear any.

If someone actually did that to me for some weird reason AND told me about it, I'd go ahead and take my mesh body off. Maybe my head and swap skins, too. Ruth right out. Just for funsies.

I've tried stuff like that in the past, though, when I wasn't in the mood to be hit on - including adding ridiculous attachments (no not *those* - like funny masks or that ancient cow toy that blasts music and makes you dance or whatever) - it doesn't always work. 😂

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

If someone actually did that to me for some weird reason AND told me about it, I'd go ahead and take my mesh body off. Maybe my head and swap skins, too. Ruth right out. Just for funsies.

I've tried stuff like that in the past, though, when I wasn't in the mood to be hit on - including adding ridiculous attachments (no not *those* - like funny masks or that ancient cow toy that blasts music and makes you dance or whatever) - it doesn't always work. 😂

I just detach body and head/hair and keep the alphas on so all they see is your name tag floating above where your head is supposed to be. 

Of course, the idea has been around a long time.

Invisible_Avatar_Photo.jpg?1352218579

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

But hey, maybe there's someone out there who's really that curious to see undead bits. Have at it.

Back on my defunct first account, a long time ago, I was relentlessly hit on as a skeleton.

Nothing fancy, a literal human skeleton.

Some people just like the undead and wanna go to The Bone Zone. Literally.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, cariboustag said:

Back on my defunct first account, a long time ago, I was relentlessly hit on as a skeleton.

Nothing fancy, a literal human skeleton.

Some people just like the undead and wanna go to The Bone Zone. Literally.

LMAO!

I've got a half skeletal avatar I put together, but I don't take her out much. I'd be so mortified if someone hit on me in THAT. She's got no torso!

• Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 699 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.