At the risk of getting in trouble…

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 676 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 minutes ago, Solo Alpha said:

Actually .. the conclusion of your link says this

Our ruling

There’s no proof to support that claim. The political affiliation of most of the mass shooters we looked at was either unreported or never verified. Experts said these events are rarely motivated by politics to begin with.

The claim you are trying to refer to was that most mass shooters turn out to be democrats.  There is no proof of that. 

2 minutes ago, Pixie Kobichenko said:

The claim you are trying to refer to was that most mass shooters turn out to be democrats.  There is no proof of that. 

This is untrue. Read back. I never made such claim at all. The article investigates such claim, but it was never made by me. 

You provided said link, not me.

Edited by Solo Alpha
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Solo Alpha said:

This is untrue. Read back. I never made such claim at all.

No,  you quoted the article.  The quote declaring that political affiliations aren’t always proven referred to Claudia’s statement:  

The article also disclosed several shooters since Columbine & what is known of their political  ideology, if any at all.

B4CE110D-95EC-4154-B742-0AC1E8843DBB.png

4 minutes ago, Pixie Kobichenko said:

B4CE110D-95EC-4154-B742-0AC1E8843DBB.png

This is actually what I quoted from the article

75aad2781de3dd4f38552b056dac651a.png
https://gyazo.com/75aad2781de3dd4f38552b056dac651a

Are you honestly, but disingenuineously, claiming now that the title of said article is actually a quote of mine or the quote I referenced to ? 

Edited by Solo Alpha
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

When I was very young, I remember at least one male classmate drawing swastikas, people being blown up, and things like that. I'm sure they just thought it was "cool". 

There’s always one idiot trying to be “rad” in their own way 🤷‍♀️

13 minutes ago, Solo Alpha said:

This is actually what I quoted from the article

75aad2781de3dd4f38552b056dac651a.png
https://gyazo.com/75aad2781de3dd4f38552b056dac651a

Are you honestly, but disingenuineously, claiming now that the title of said article is actually a quote of mine or the quote I referenced to ? 

What?  I’m sorry, but you’re kind of hard to understand.  Of course I’m not saying the title of the article is a quote attributed to you.  I really have no idea what you’re going on about at this point.  
“We rate her claim Pants on Fire”.  That is the conclusion drawn on her claim that most mass murders are democrats.

l& to be clear.  I didn’t drag political parties into this.  In the mid80s my middle school civics teacher said that one day we would no longer identify with Democrats or Republicans but liberal-progressive & conservative-regressive policies.  I didn’t understand it at the time, but I do now.

l& back to my original post while I still can.

Thanks all who weighed in.  I know I realized (again) that I can be very knee jerky in my reactions.  But I also discovered that sometimes instincts- first impressions have some validity.

Im checking out of this conversation, it’s run it’s course & no longer addresses my question of should there be a line in SL on items of dubious intent. 

• Moles

This thread seems to be drifting well away from the original topic, which was, if I properly understood it, the propriety, or otherwise, of selling, in SL, outfits associated with US paramilitary groups.

It would be best, I think, to try to keep it on topic.

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Quartz Mole said:

This thread seems to be drifting well away from the original topic, which was, if I properly understood it, the propriety, or otherwise, of selling, in SL, outfits associated with US paramilitary groups.

It would be best, I think, to try to keep it on topic.

Please just lock it, or delete it. 
I don’t see that anything productive will come out of it at this point.

• Like 3

These are not just paramilitary groups. These groups are white supremacists who want to dominate, and in some cases eliminate, people of color in the US. They are growing in number, and increasingly taking power at all levels of government.

I worry they will harm a lot of people, and not only in the US. We have the most military power here and there is a danger to all my friends in other countries too. 

It would be impossible to remove their symbols from public view in early stages when most don't understand the gravity of the situation yet. Unfortunately only when much harm is done would that be possible.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 676 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.