So what do you all think to the Premium Plus package?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 671 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have 2 premiums, so far there is not much that will make me convert to plus. Not interested in 140 groups, or the upload fees, or more 50 L week. 

If the price would be less  I would update. Or even the same as 2 premiuns. 

The new 2048 LH I willl wait and see. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Liaa Nova said:

Some of you know that Patch Linden announced the new Premium Plus benefits at the SL19B today; it will launch on SL's 19th Birthday, 23rd June

Some benefits include:

2,048sq m of tier

650L$ stipend and 3,000L$ one off sign up bonus

140 groups, up from 42/70

160 messages cap (I think)

No upload fees for textures

10L$ to create a group down from 100L$

Pricing will be $24.99 introductory price per month if you sign up within the first 30 days or $29.99 normal price monthly, or $249 yearly

Thoughts?

I think it's a good package but would like to see a quarterly option as I can't afford $249 in one go

The stipend is more than I expected and the group creation fee is nice, as is free uploads

Will you be signing up? Did you catch any benefits I missed?

giphy.gif

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 11

I'm not seeing this offer as compelling at all. 

• The L$ and land are proportionally below the existing offering
  • if you want 2048 sqm of land - get 2 regular premiums and use land groups.
  • The rest of the perks are fluff.
  • Free uploads is inconsequential, cant wait till we see regular PC files encoded as images and stored on LL's CDN forever.
  • A bigger Linden home would be nice for people REALLY into that. If they can get one. When they are a thing. Soon.
  • 140 groups .. It's not a big deal for me.
  • an extra script experience everyone will too terrified to enable .. ok
  • actual tech support .. come on.

The special offer price for monthly is just the monthly  saving you get by paying annually.

If you need more of anything, get more premiums, pay yearly, and hope they don't bump the price to 129.99 per year (they will).

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

For me right now, it's a toss up.  I pay for 2048 plus I get the 1024 free right now, so dropping the extra 1024 would put me at no land tier.  I do upload a lot of textures, sometimes 500L worth for one HUD pack.  The real sell for me would be grandfathered stipend.  I currently get 500L, but if it was raised an extra 300 like it will be for non-grandfathered, that would cross the decision over to a Yes from me.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Tary Allen said:

I think regular premium is going to increase too. 

Not sure if all of this will be a good move, instead of increasing the number of people paying for premium it maybe will be the contrary. Time will tell.

Increase? Hmm.. given a choice between $5 more for bupkiss vs. $10 more for sumpin'..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Liaa Nova said:

Some of you know that Patch Linden announced the new Premium Plus benefits at the SL19B today; it will launch on SL's 19th Birthday, 23rd June

Some benefits include:

2,048sq m of tier

650L$ stipend and 3,000L$ one off sign up bonus

140 groups, up from 42/70

160 messages cap (I think)

No upload fees for textures

10L$ to create a group down from 100L$

Pricing will be $24.99 introductory price per month if you sign up within the first 30 days or $29.99 normal price monthly, or $249 yearly

Thoughts?

I think it's a good package but would like to see a quarterly option as I can't afford $249 in one go

The stipend is more than I expected and the group creation fee is nice, as is free uploads

Will you be signing up? Did you catch any benefits I missed?

I think it's a very good deal, especially the free texture uploads, I run through thousands of Lindens on those both in my rentals and in making things.

Messages should not cap if you tie them to email and use that One Weird Trick, which is block anything when you log on, then unblock it, the messages flood in (who knows why). So that alone isn't a reason, nor is the cost of making a group, which we don't use that much.

Double the groups is a big boon especially for all those sales groups.

Now that Bellisseria will have 2048 lots (that goes with it, no?) it constitutes a greater threat to Mainland rentals businesses I suppose, and businesses of house creators and land dealers, and then all those perks may not be worth it. I think it's not worth loading up more than one or two accounts with it. On the other hand, if people now have 2048, they might blow 1024 on a Belli home and contribute the other 1024 to my group in lieu of rent, so that's good.

Edited by Prokofy Neva
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

If you need more of anything, get more premiums, pay yearly, and hope they don't bump the price to 129.99 per year (they will).

I would hope people would refuse to pay that, enough people to ensure it doesn't happen - but I think perhaps enough people would be willing to pay that amount, that LL would not lose revenue out of the price hike.  It only makes sense for them to increase premium though, when two premium accounts are cheaper than premium plus.  I for one, would not renew my premium account at such a price hike, at that point I would just own land in opensim. 

Edited by Istelathis
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The only part of the package that appeals to me are the added groups. These are not worth $150/yr to me. Sure, the stipend is nice but also not worth $150. Comparing the price to 2 premium accounts vs premium plus means nothing unless you can apply the 2 premium accounts to a single avatar (as far as I know, you cannot).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Mollymews said:

it seems to me that the package is more oriented toward the business/creative person and less toward the consumer person. And as such I think it will work out cost-effective for the people it is oriented toward

That's what I thought, as well. It's aimed more at the content creators. I already have a homestead and my Linden home is just for fun - to be part of a community.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Sandy Schnook said:

For me right now, it's a toss up.  I pay for 2048 plus I get the 1024 free right now, so dropping the extra 1024 would put me at no land tier.  I do upload a lot of textures, sometimes 500L worth for one HUD pack.  The real sell for me would be grandfathered stipend.  I currently get 500L, but if it was raised an extra 300 like it will be for non-grandfathered, that would cross the decision over to a Yes from me.

If you have a GF premium, do not, under any circumstances, change that account.

If you need 2048. get your alt a regular annual premium and pool the land via groups.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

If you have a GF premium, do not, under any circumstances, change that account.

If you need 2048. get your alt a regular annual premium and pool the land via groups.

Currently I'm siding with you, the free uploads are tempting, but not tempting enough.  I can't afford another premium ATM though, so I want to see what is finalized on record.

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Jenna Huntsman said:

2 land experiences

Obviously, two Premium non-Plus accounts also get two "land scope" Experiences. I suppose there are a handful of folks who want two distinct Experiences under the same recognizable account identity, perhaps somebody famous running role-play regions whose users will trust them but need to use separate and distinct Experiences for some reason (?).

As one point I'd hoped for a grid scope Experience as part of Plus, but those hopes faded a long time ago.

All in all, for my purposes, I'm having a hard time working up the enthusiasm for a lukewarm "meh".

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Sandy Schnook said:

the free uploads are tempting, but not tempting enough

I upload all the time, I should use the beta grid more but I can't be bothered .. if I added it all up, it wouldn't really make a huge difference in the grand scheme.

Like if I spend 2k developing a product .. it better cover that and a lot more over the product's lifespan

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'm ok with the price.  I can run up 249 dollars worth of texture uploads a year pretty quickly if given enough time and space.  I've had weeks where I've spent 4000L plus alone in texture uploads.  I've now got a reason to actually do something.  Now if I could only use the land tier to offset the Tier of my full sim that would be the cherry on the cake.

Edited by Aria Aurelia
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

LL missed the mark so hard on this, there's no reason to upgrade at all. Maybe lower premium a little then put premium plus at a proper price and you might end up with a better bottom line from people actually going from free to actual premium and inciting current premium to see premium plus as an upgrade. Someone really needs to stop spiking the water cooler with vodka in the marketing department. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 671 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.