Sakura: Let the Games Begin!

EnchantrixLisa

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 715 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

6 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

Is anybody else having the problem that the lanterns (paper or stone) from the Sakura Content pack do not turn on?  They have touch events & scripts, but when touched I don't see anything happen.  Even at midnight.  No glow, no light, no particles, nada.  I put the lantern into edit and checked it for light, or glow/full bright on faces, nothing. 

I tried a light from a Trad content pack, it worked. I tried one of my own lamps, it has a little light and glow when on, and it worked.  I went to a sandbox and tried a Sakura lamp, and it didn't work there either.  I relogged, no go.  I brought in the parcel owner and she tried it.  Newp.  I reset the scripts.  Nogo.  

I unpacked the content creation pack again and tried these new copies.  No change.

I can put in a script that will work, but is anyone else seeing this happen?

ETA: I just checked one more thing - yes, the scripts are running, tho they don't seem to be doing anything visible.

I believe the lamps react to the day cycle. So they automatically come on at night and go off during the day. I've seen mine come on during the night time, but I didn't touch them to turn them on. I do use the normal day cycle for SL typically.

• Like 4

I figured out that my Sakura plot is 512 based on the size, and the 8 house options, from the notecard info.

If you keep trying, do you eventually see 1024 house options?

I was a bit disappointed that there are really only 4 designs for the 512, replicated for open-plan.  ("Why do these houses look the same?")

• Moles

512 size parcels will only ever have 512 house options (that's why they are called 512 houses). 1024 size houses are too big to fit within a 512 size parcel. 

And yes, the lanterns are scripted to turn on and off automatically with the region day cycle (custom day cycle or parcel environment settings won't change that).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

24 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

I believe the lamps react to the day cycle. So they automatically come on at night and go off during the day. I've seen mine come on during the night time, but I didn't touch them to turn them on. I do use the normal day cycle for SL typically.

Yes, they do. I usually have the normal day cicle also (but in my stilt the region day cicle is a bit different, so now in Belli I have the region settings on the parcel). They light at dusk, however there is not an on option, just the auto I think. 

ETA: Well Abnor just clarified while I was posting :)

Edited by Tary Allen
  • Like 2

• Moles
7 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

They have touch events & scripts, but when touched I don't see anything happen.

If I recall correctly (I didn't script the lamps) the touch events respond only to Lindens and Moles, to turn them on for 10 seconds and then off again automatically, so that they can be tested and QA-ed at any time.   

Otherwise, they turn on and off according to the time of day on the region, as Abnor and others have noted.

Edited by Quartz Mole
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, Abnor Mole said:

512 size parcels will only ever have 512 house options (that's why they are called 512 houses). 1024 size houses are too big to fit within a 512 size parcel. 

What I was attempting to ask with my "512" comments / questions: Are the Sakura 1024 parcels as common as the 512 parcels? Meaning: Am I as likely to find a 1024 parcel if I am patient with the "Linden Homes" page?  Or perhaps I missed an option on the Linden Homes page to "drill down" for 1024 parcels instead of 512 parcels?

1 hour ago, Quartz Mole said:

If I recall correctly (I didn't script the lamps) the touch events respond only to Lindens and Moles, to turn them on for 10 seconds and then off again automatically, so that they can be tested and QA-ed at any time.   

Otherwise, they turn on and off according to the time of day on the region, as Abnor and others have noted.

Ahhhh right, thank you all.  It was the presence of the touch event that fooled me.  One gets used to one's own scripts.  And that, when hopping, shopping, or decorating, I tend to use a viewer setting that's always daylight (Nam's optimal).  

49 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Am I as likely to find a 1024 parcel if I am patient with the "Linden Homes" page?  Or perhaps I missed an option on the Linden Homes page to "drill down" for 1024 parcels instead of 512 parcels?

Sakura 1024 and 512s have both always been present on the land page since release. So I'm still not sure I understand your question ... you are pressing the "View all houses" green text, yes?  And scrolling down if your window isn't large enough?  Sakuras are the last homes on the page, and there are separate choices for 512s and 1024s.  For me, the easiest way to be sure what size parcel I'm on is to look at the the "Parcel land capacity" on the Objects tab of the parcel's "About Land" page.  Anyone can see that for any parcel, whether or not you're standing on the land.

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

Sakura 1024 and 512s have both always been present on the land page since release. So I'm still not sure I understand your question ... you are pressing the "View all houses" green text, yes?  And scrolling down if your window isn't large enough?  Sakuras are the last homes on the page, and there are separate choices for 512s and 1024s. 

Guess I did not notice any choice for 512 vs. 1024, I will check for this next time when I am ready to "swap".

I was probably just focused on finding "Sakura".

• Like 4

Sooooooo I finally found a parcel I am...happy with bc the homes when rezzed face the water. 🥰 I just have to decide now on which house to use. A 512 house would give me more outdoor space and this 1024 I like as well. Perhaps a cute little seating spot in the center where my avi is standing  🤷🏽‍♀️

hkhkhkhipiyryry.thumb.JPG.3110f28fdafb143dbccebe6d507b970c.JPG

• Like 7

Yes, what Sylvia says is correct. I have logged on the land page sporadic over several days, and it has been 2 options for Sakura.

I would say with confidence that you will get a 1024 Sakura now.

But how it will be later, I do not know. So maybe swap now, when it is easy to get one?

• Like 3

• Moles
6 minutes ago, EnchantrixLisa said:

Sooooooo I finally found a parcel I am...happy with bc the homes when rezzed face the water. 🥰 I just have to decide now on which house to use. A 512 house would give me more outdoor space and this 1024 I like as well. Perhaps a cute little seating spot in the center where my avi is standing  🤷🏽‍♀️

hkhkhkhipiyryry.thumb.JPG.3110f28fdafb143dbccebe6d507b970c.JPG

b0046c3aa497d2a0c4f0116ca964288c.png

That's actually the back of the house... and that's a void space so there is no guarantee that "water" is permanent, and actually a high probability that it is not. Just so you know. 🙁

Edited by Abnor Mole
  • Like 4
  • Haha 5

6 minutes ago, Abnor Mole said:

b0046c3aa497d2a0c4f0116ca964288c.png

That's actually the back of the house... and that's a void space so there is no guarantee that "water" is permanent, and actually a high probability that it is not. Just so you know. 🙁

Don't rain on my happiness Abnor 🤣

• Haha 12

46 minutes ago, Abnor Mole said:

I gave up a good parcel in Akiko that had canals on 2 sides, and a void in back.  The canals were decorated interestingly, it was really nice, but I just couldn't face having another property bordering a void space.   I now have a superstition that my presence in regions bordering voids magically chases away the moles, and coasts I border on rarely get built out.  *laughs bitterly ironically sadly*

Akiko is near the probable eventual path of the railroad, and I figured that if I abandoned it, it might be more likely that they will link Sakura to Newbrooke and/or the Chalets in our lifetimes :) 

Haha.  *pets her Shiba Inu for comfort*

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

• Moles
45 minutes ago, Trinity1776 said:

@Abnor Mole, if you are still hanging out...a question. I've got a great parcel that is at the intersection of a canal and a river. It seems to be VERY laggy, though. Is there something in the water?

Seriously, though, I'm thinking that both waterways are animated...are they both scripted?

It's just regular old linden water.

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

I now have a superstition that my presence in regions bordering voids magically chases away the moles, and coasts I border on rarely get built out.  *laughs bitterly ironically sadly*

Akiko is near the probable eventual path of the railroad, and I figured that if I abandoned it, it might be more likely that they will link Sakura to Newbrooke and/or the Chalets in our lifetimes :) 

Haha.  *pets her Shiba Inu for comfort*

I have been pondering Linden Homes right next to voids for quite a while.  Sometimes you get lucky and, if you don't, roll and roll again, I figure.  The LH an alt has held right from the early days of Stilts is in Bon Vivant which is *now* right by the new water regions linking the Stilts to Sakura.  I have another alt on the eastern edge of Judge Knott (which I will keep as long as possible just for the name!) and I live in hope that the current voids there between the Newbrookes and the Chalets will include a lovely river.  Who knows???

Also, I have been haunting the western edge of SSPThimble Pond Farms, waiting to see if the road and railroad there go to a tunnel, a bridge or just more land.

Hayabusa_001.thumb.jpg.f696b85302041dbd63eb92d45d5a744c.jpg

• Like 3

On 5/17/2022 at 5:47 PM, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

I'm tossing this back for the same reason mentioned previously: none of the home models give a good enough view of the water! This is a 512 so the parcel is small, and the big windows all look right smack against' my neighbor's house. I'm sure someone can make something of it; it's a beautiful location, but I'd rather not work that hard. 🤣

Snapshot_001.png

I got this one again, and am putting it back into the pool again. FYI that it's up for grabs, for those who liked it. :) 

• Like 3

On 5/25/2022 at 10:38 AM, Love Zhaoying said:

Guess I did not notice any choice for 512 vs. 1024, I will check for this next time when I am ready to "swap".

I was probably just focused on finding "Sakura".

That happened to me when Newbrooke came out. I didn't realize at first that the 1024 had 512 homes in the controller.

• Like 3

I'm about to put back this very interesting 512 (just to the left of the rez zone). Aside from having both road and boat rez zones right there, this one is situated at a diagonal (as are the nearby houses), so that you actually don't have a neighbor right next to you! Considering how "close" some of the 512s seem, this is pretty cool. :D

Snapshot_001.png

• Like 6

11 hours ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

I'm about to put back this very interesting 512 (just to the left of the rez zone). Aside from having both road and boat rez zones right there, this one is situated at a diagonal (as are the nearby houses), so that you actually don't have a neighbor right next to you! Considering how "close" some of the 512s seem, this is pretty cool. :D

Snapshot_001.png

I've just got this one and i'm so happy with it! 😍

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Snapshot_001.png

Diagonal? Has anyone seen that placement before? In any Linden home?

It is interesting.

When I was new and didn't know better, I had bought my first house. And I set it up in some really crazy way. It was not 45 degrees, something like 36 or 21. It was a pain to place furniture in. I was so new, I didn't know what I was doing.

45 degrees is not so difficult, I could furnish such a small house.

• Like 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 715 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.