Premium Plus and Linden Homes

Teresa Firelight
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 486 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

6 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

From the detailed explanation of "tossing" and "catching" - I am confused because I thought there were limits on the # of houses you can get per day or something..?

You can claim five times in a 24 hour period. The folks with the highest success rate with GOH have plenty of alts, so that limit is not much of an issue. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

You can claim five times in a 24 hour period. The folks with the highest success rate with GOH have plenty of alts, so that limit is not much of an issue. 

Plenty of Premium alts..and the chosen use is to game the Linden Homes? Wow!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

22 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

From the detailed explanation of "tossing" and "catching" - I am confused because I thought there were limits on the # of houses you can get per day or something..?

? With luck, changing a house to a friend or alt involves only 1 claim.  Sometimes 2.   I generally am not doing any other house hunting on a day when I want to transfer a home.  But then, i don't have a lot of alts, so I have to be a little careful.

If it happens that a third house gets tangled up in an attempt to transfer one of yours, of course, you can use all 5 of an alt's claims - or more! - scrambling to find your desired house once it is abandoned.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Patch Linden said:

I can halt the system as narrowly or broadly as necessary.  In other words, I could target one particular case of abuse or many, or all.  I'm not saying that is what it will come to, and hopefully it will not.  It's tough to predict the future. 

Someone needs to tell us if there is an exploit, otherwise I suspect it doesn't actually exist if there is no proof to be handed over and no one is willing to tell us (or even me directly) how you do it.

Interesting @Patch Linden thanks for the information.  As to the last part of this post its been covered at one point or another.  However, I will send you a message directly with the information required. :) 

Have a lovely weekend to one and all.

Edited by Aria Aurelia
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Whirly Fizzle said:

It's been filed on JIRA by Soft Linden, the issue is not public though.

@Patch Linden  https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/BUG-231087

Thanks for pointing that out.  :) (Seems Soft Linden is head of the InfoSec Department at Linden Labs which is Information Security.)

Edited by Aria Aurelia
Added who Soft Linden happens to be.
  • Like 3

There is no "exploit". Nika explained it very well in detail, and I'm sure others have used similar methods to try and coordinate an exchange effort with others on the forum or with friends.

There is no way to hack or cheat the land page. You get 5 tries in a 24-time period. No rule states you cannot post a place you are releasing for others to see and try for it. We do that here all the time, and I have not seen a Linden representative delete or make a comment about that. No rule says you cannot try to privately contact a friend and offer to release a Linden Home when they have a turn, the time, and would like to try. There is no rule about trying to understand the land page, queue and doing your best to time the release of a house so you can increase the chances you can help another.

The big "secret" is simply timing, dexterity, internet speed, and communication. If you have a few premium accounts, you have more tries and chances. You still only get 5 tries a day and one Linden Home per account.

Linden Lab is a business; they want the user base to be happy. I don't see why people keep pointing out features as a problem when clearly, it's not. Lindens encourage community and friendships through the usage of Linden Homes. 

Edited by Fay Starlight
In order to correct the word cue to queue.
  • Like 10
  • Haha 3

I hope this ...er... bickering ... over "Exploit  vs Using the System legally" will stop sometime soon. I believe the Lindens who monitor this thread have more than enough information.  And it is really up to them to decide if this is an exploit or a legal use of the system.

There has been a lot of good information shared in this thread. I hope we dont force the Lindens to close it down because we get caught up in a tangent (esp when it is their decision, not ours, as to what constitutes an exploit).

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, Teresa Firelight said:

I hope this ...er... bickering ... over "Exploit  vs Using the System legally" will stop sometime soon. I believe the Lindens who monitor this thread have more than enough information.  And it is really up to them to decide if this is an exploit or a legal use of the system.

There has been a lot of good information shared in this thread. I hope we dont force the Lindens to close it down because we get caught up in a tangent (esp when it is their decision, not ours, as to what constitutes an exploit).

Just a note to clarify: "exploit" does not mean "illegal". Perhaps this misconception is why we've seen a few comments that seem to be on the defensive side? 

What people are actually discussing is whether the new perks regarding LH for PP members can be used in a manner not necessarily intended by LL. It's a fair and relevant question, I would think. If some take offense by people asking about it, that's unfortunate but it shouldn't be a reason to shut down the conversation.

At any rate, time will tell. I think LL is now aware of a few things that maybe they were not before, and if anyone sees new things to report, it seems Patch would be open to hearing about it. *returns to shopping the Saturday sales*

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Avery Evergarden said:

I've been rolling for a west rear facing stilt without other houses directly behind it for ages with no luck.... upgraded to + and put in a ticket last night before going to sleep. This morning I owned my new stilt. So much better than rolling for one and often getting the same unwanted one over and over..... So So much better....575128665_TheGoodPlace.thumb.png.8f1ed18d117f1c4bdeeb0033e73b91f6.png

Hmmm. That way to get a home sounds really tempting.

So many stilts I have rolled had the large windows facing another stilt's large windows or facing away from the view.

And log homes. Good grief. To find a log home with lovely water location, and the two models with big windows was always turned away from the water. Only facing the dirt road and mailbox, of course. Hmpf.

Well.... Had PPlus been 50 US cheaper... with maybe a few dollar off buying annually as an introduction... I think you would push me close to buying PPlus now. Because that is a really sweet location.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Sparkle Bunny said:

LL likes it when people do this. Patch stated it was one of the reasons for letting people request specific parcels. It's sort of a bummer for the rest of us, but who wants to be the only outsider on a sim owned by a clique anyway? Been there, done that.

From a financial business standpoint it makes the most sense economically for Linden Labs to close down any paths other than premium plus to achieve this goal. 

Enjoy the weekend as I’m off to do things in real life.  I spent enough time posting to this forum that I can go back to not reading it again.

Edited by Aria Aurelia
  • Like 3

28 minutes ago, Sparkely Sugar said:

Well now you can simply request the location you want, for $16 this month and stop being so unhappy about it. Life is too short to be worried about a pixel house you can not physically live in.

Word!

In the world of craziness we have been seeing these past few days this seems... I have no words. smh

• Like 6

• Moles

This really should not need saying, but bickering, airing personal grievances  and making unprovable allegations about other residents' supposedly underhand practices when changing homes are as off-topic here as they are in the thread When did you last see a Bellisserian home available? Starting afresh, or anywhere else in these forums.

Take it IMs, please, or Reddit or Facebook or somewhere that's not the Official SL Forums.

Edited by Quartz Mole
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 12

On 6/23/2022 at 12:45 AM, Patch Linden said:

I see this as better than doing nothing, and we're trying to do something of value that you all have requested since the beginning.  I don't see this as a bad thing.  

this is a good point. As is true that lots of people who are into Linden Homes have wanted some fair and reasonable way to request a home of their choosing. And as you have mentioned also already, your team will keep an eye out for those few who might try to abuse this

if left unchecked then there might also come a time where all of the more desirable waterside parcels are snaffled up leaving only interior parcels for new residents. But am pretty sure that Linden Homes department have already factored this in to the availability distribution model

so altogether I agree that this is not a bad thing for Linden to have done

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Mollymews said:

this is a good point. As is true that lots of people who are into Linden Homes have wanted some fair and reasonable way to request a home of their choosing. And as you have mentioned also already, your team will keep an eye out for those few who might try to abuse this

if left unchecked then there might also come a time where all of the more desirable waterside parcels are snaffled up leaving only interior parcels for new residents. But am pretty sure that Linden Homes department have already factored this in to the availability distribution model

so altogether I agree that this is not a bad thing for Linden to have done

The big problem with the old system was nobody was getting the most unique parcels in newer themes. There was enough surplus in the initial releases of cloned regions to cover people who wanted one. So when construction started on the coast, railway and river regions, people were out of luck. Those regions were unlikely to rise to the top of the queue when earlier regions were still sitting empty. The plus tickets are the first workaround which doesn't involve having endless premium accounts.

In future, they might need to tweak how the automated system decides on which region to assign. In the right now, I enjoyed touring around and picking a house. It wasn't an option before, because the house I got just wasn't available from a random roll.

• Like 6

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 486 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.