Premium Plus and Linden Homes

Teresa Firelight
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 428 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

6 minutes ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

Do you have to abandon your current home before requesting a new one?

That's right, you can only have one LH.

I had forgotten leaving the house my alt had, so when Whitney Linden replied the ticket I had opened, she requested me to abandon it and reply; I was online so I just left the place, replied and then the house was set up for me

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Elena Core said:

That's right, you can only have one LH.

I had forgotten leaving the house my alt had, so when Whitney Linden replied the ticket I had opened, she requested me to abandon it and reply; I was online so I just left the place, replied and then the house was set up for me

I just don't want to lose the one I have if the one I want isn't available for some reason.

• Like 2

On 6/27/2022 at 7:56 AM, Malayaa Morningstar said:

Yes, be sure to state you are Premium Plus and put in the parcel coordinates (be sure the coords are well inside the parcel) and then check your ticket status or email frequently because the Support Desk communicates via ticket.   If it is available, you will get an email / ticket update saying your home is all set.  When you go there, it will probably still say Linden Home as the name, but your name will be on there as the parcel owner  :)

I have a question, I have tried putting in a ticket for a home but the only thing that comes up is account issue, there are no other options, am I doing something wrong or is it a glitch in the system? Cause I REALLY want this house! lol

Go to your dashboard > help > right hand side, you will see Premium Support > Contact Support > upper header, submit ticket > issue type, land & region

There might be an easier way to get there, but this is how I did it :P

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I am very curious about Premium Plus but waiting a bit to see what other (braver!) folks' experience with it has been.  If you got your dream plot/location by PP request, I would love to see a photo or location of your catch posted here and to hear more about the experience of finding that perfect place.  Several folks have told us about filing their tickets and getting speedy replies so thank you very much to all who have done that!

• Like 3

I gifted my best friend a Premium Plus but she only wants a Victorian on the water with access to the ocean and fairly near a boat rezz area. I spent hours trying to find one and gave up. The Vic’s that become available on the land theme selection page are not keepers. I guess we wait for whatever they release for 2048sqm. Any rumors about when that will happen? 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Alexina Proctor said:

I gifted my best friend a Premium Plus but she only wants a Victorian on the water with access to the ocean and fairly near a boat rezz area. I spent hours trying to find one and gave up. The Vic’s that become available on the land theme selection page are not keepers. I guess we wait for whatever they release for 2048sqm. Any rumors about when that will happen? 

how do you gift premium plus to someone?

4 hours ago, Kylie Jaxxon said:

I heard by the end of the year, but who knows :(

True. But "At the earliest". 😪

Very bad news. It may be in 2023... And LL has been very late with new things before. They have stopped to use "soon" because people like me got so annoyed.

They make a much more solid promise of updates of Traditionals, Houseboats and Victorians. "Will be".

I use Inara Pey's blog for looking up such things. She is very updated.

https://modemworld.me/2022/06/25/sl19b-mtl-the-moles-new-starter-avatars-linden-homes/

Linden Homes – Premium Plus and Premium

[Video: 36:31-44:55]

• At the time of the Moles MTL, 34,845 Premium Linden Homes had been made available and 1,913 regions released, with a further 172 “under construction”.
  • Premium Plus Linden Homes:
    • Entirely new “ground up” themes with a new approach to implementation.
    • The “ranch” theme Patch mentions at his MTL session [video ; blog summary], is one under consideration, although exact style, etc., is still TBA.
    • The fact that ideas are still in development is why Premium Plus Linden Homes will not be appearing until the end of 2022 “at the earliest”.
    • The increased land offering (2048 sq m) means more opportunities to use different parcel sizes.
  • Premium Linden Homes:
    • Both the Traditional and Victorian theme will be getting a refresh with “open-plan” variants on their styles.
    • Houseboats to get four new floor plans.
    • Updates will include a pass to bring the control panels up-to-date with the most recent home releases.
    • All of this will be rolled out before the end of 2022.
  • New large-scale community centres for Bellisseria are also in the works.
  • No plans at this time for a “city style” theme with apartments and the like.
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3

@Teresa FirelightI heard you could do it but couldn’t figure out how to. I think you have to ask support to do it for you. So I logged in as her and upgraded her—I am the techie and have her password to assist her—and then sent her a gift certificate in the same amount to use at Amazon. 

Edited by Alexina Proctor
  • Haha 2

If your main reason to buy Plus is to get the dream location, the best must be to find a location first, and then pay immediately and submit the ticket.

I am Basic at the moment... neither P or PPlus. I will pay for only Premium if it is a new theme I want, or when LL upgrade the three oldest themes. I am going to try my luck the old way and see what I get.

I am not paying PPlus until I see the new homes and a release date is guaranteed. It can be a year to wait, who knows.

Buying PPlus now for a dream location sounds tempting, but not so tempting that am really doing it.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Leora Greenwood said:

I am very curious about Premium Plus but waiting a bit to see what other (braver!) folks' experience with it has been.  If you got your dream plot/location by PP request, I would love to see a photo or location of your catch posted here and to hear more about the experience of finding that perfect place.  Several folks have told us about filing their tickets and getting speedy replies so thank you very much to all who have done that!

I've actually done it twice. Once for me and once for a friend. So here's more info than you'd ever need to know...

For me, as soon as I heard about the prorated thing (so my normal renewal date wouldn't change) and that we'd be able to pick a spot, I headed out into the fantasy area to see if there was one I liked more than the house I had. I listed out any region that bordered an uncloned region (there are some decor ones in the middle and the coast edges), as these would be ones with the most unique views. I searched all of these. I also searched all the in-progress coast regions, in case I'd want to wait for one of those.

My main goal was a swamp house feel, so either front or back directed at inland water and no roads or bridges by the house. Direct coastal wasn't high on my list, as I find those views a bit plain (I like vegetation, some little islands in view, stuff like that). Messy vegetation areas were a plus. As I searched around, I also liked the little swamp docks some houses had.

I found all the stuff I liked in Selinofoto. It's a cloned region that was altered to be coast, placing the two corner houses on their own little island with extra vegetation. The front has the little swamp dock and inland water. The back does look out to sea, but with plenty of trees and mushrooms framing the view and other house islands in the distance. In theory, some of this could still change in the unreleased neighbouring regions, but I doubt they'd do anything major at this point.

The name also means moonlight, which I thought was suitable (yue means moon).

When premium plus went live, I immediately signed up and got the ticket in within a few minutes of that (I'd prewritten the ticket). No issues with getting it sorted. I doubt there will be a house better for me than this, unless they add a new theme that is even more suitable than a glowing mushroom swamp. I'm not looking to get one of the bigger house plots.

People are welcome to visit. It's not very decorated as I picked a different house style this time and I'm still thinking about how to stuff in as many (nonbreedable) pets as possible: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Selinofoto/39/196/23

My friend upgraded to premium plus some days later after seeing my house. I was sent forth with instructions to find a Sakura house for boating (I have a reputation for finding things apparently). Front by the water, close boat rez zone, and a wider channel if possible as it makes it easier to sort the boat after rezzing. Region placement wasn't a concern. I went through the map in a grid noting possible locations (ones close to a wider water area), then checked them all out (seeing how the front looked and the rez zone locations). I found an exact match for the request, with bonus little park area, and talked the friend through submitting the ticket.

No link to that as it's not mine to share.

The tl;dr version of that is the best bet is newer themes that have a lot of unclaimed houses. Look at the map first to note possible regions (needs a lot of "Linden Home" houses), then run down your list to see which looks best on the ground. This will usually work better than random wandering, especially if you have an idea what features you must have and what ones you want to avoid.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

34 minutes ago, Polenth Yue said:

I've actually done it twice. Once for me and once for a friend. So here's more info than you'd ever need to know...

For me, as soon as I heard about the prorated thing (so my normal renewal date wouldn't change) and that we'd be able to pick a spot, I headed out into the fantasy area to see if there was one I liked more than the house I had. I listed out any region that bordered an uncloned region (there are some decor ones in the middle and the coast edges), as these would be ones with the most unique views. I searched all of these. I also searched all the in-progress coast regions, in case I'd want to wait for one of those.

My main goal was a swamp house feel, so either front or back directed at inland water and no roads or bridges by the house. Direct coastal wasn't high on my list, as I find those views a bit plain (I like vegetation, some little islands in view, stuff like that). Messy vegetation areas were a plus. As I searched around, I also liked the little swamp docks some houses had.

I found all the stuff I liked in Selinofoto. It's a cloned region that was altered to be coast, placing the two corner houses on their own little island with extra vegetation. The front has the little swamp dock and inland water. The back does look out to sea, but with plenty of trees and mushrooms framing the view and other house islands in the distance. In theory, some of this could still change in the unreleased neighbouring regions, but I doubt they'd do anything major at this point.

The name also means moonlight, which I thought was suitable (yue means moon).

When premium plus went live, I immediately signed up and got the ticket in within a few minutes of that (I'd prewritten the ticket). No issues with getting it sorted. I doubt there will be a house better for me than this, unless they add a new theme that is even more suitable than a glowing mushroom swamp. I'm not looking to get one of the bigger house plots.

People are welcome to visit. It's not very decorated as I picked a different house style this time and I'm still thinking about how to stuff in as many (nonbreedable) pets as possible: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Selinofoto/39/196/23

My friend upgraded to premium plus some days later after seeing my house. I was sent forth with instructions to find a Sakura house for boating (I have a reputation for finding things apparently). Front by the water, close boat rez zone, and a wider channel if possible as it makes it easier to sort the boat after rezzing. Region placement wasn't a concern. I went through the map in a grid noting possible locations (ones close to a wider water area), then checked them all out (seeing how the front looked and the rez zone locations). I found an exact match for the request, with bonus little park area, and talked the friend through submitting the ticket.

No link to that as it's not mine to share.

The tl;dr version of that is the best bet is newer themes that have a lot of unclaimed houses. Look at the map first to note possible regions (needs a lot of "Linden Home" houses), then run down your list to see which looks best on the ground. This will usually work better than random wandering, especially if you have an idea what features you must have and what ones you want to avoid.

Lovely!  Thank you for that very detailed report on your search.  I am always amused at how different folk are from folk; I could never live in a swamp house, in fact Fantasseria was too full of scary sounds for me and I soon fled my Fantasy home for tamer locales.  I plan to give the "request a home" a try after I (as you say) have a good long think about my criteria.  Also, I won a Secluded Linden Home in the last HopeFest auction so want to see where that ends up being and how that all works out first.

Then I will take up the Search and Request with your valuable guidance at hand.  Thanks!  😊

• Like 4

On 6/26/2022 at 7:56 PM, EnchantrixLisa said:

But would you be aallow to keep the 2048 parcel if you go back to the basic premium? And I agreed BP ppl should be allowed more tries. 

Seems to me that if you dropped the PP then you would have to pay tier on the half of your 2048 parcel that's not covered under regular premium.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Can the Premium Plus home selection system be used to guarantee success in handing a linden home from one alt to another?

I have the perfect houseboat location already on another account, obtained in 2019, that I wish to downgrade and get rid of, but I've kept it premium merely to ensure I don't lose the location, and I would much rather that spot be in the hands of my main account.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, UnilWay SpiritWeaver said:

Can the Premium Plus home selection system be used to guarantee success in handing a linden home from one alt to another?

I have the perfect houseboat location already on another account, obtained in 2019, that I wish to downgrade and get rid of, but I've kept it premium merely to ensure I don't lose the location, and I would much rather that spot be in the hands of my main account.

You would need to talk to LL about this.  It might be possible under the rules that allow a P+ account to use a Support ticket to get a specific parcel.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, UnilWay SpiritWeaver said:

This is a very interesting question, not just for alts, but for anyone who wants to handover a home to someone else.

If your main account submits a Linden Home Premium Plus request ticket and explains the alt account will abandon when Support are ready to allocate, it will be interesting to know what the answer will be.

There is still the concern that the place will be allocated automatically, to someone, between abandoning and re-allocation, unless Support have a way of blocking that.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, UnilWay SpiritWeaver said:

I would be suprised if Linden Lab allowed this. For starters, this benefit was explicitly defined as an ability for a PP member to request a currently available Linden Home. Nothing more. Also, if allowed, it would provide a means by which a profit seeker could create PP alts for the purpose of acquiring "choice" Linden Homes which could be resold on a dark market and transferred.

• Like 6

26 minutes ago, diamond Marchant said:

Also, if allowed, it would provide a means by which a profit seeker could create PP alts for the purpose of acquiring "choice" Linden Homes which could be resold on a dark market and transferred.

I had forgotten about this possibility and LL will definitely not do anything that could encourage such. 

Though still a slim possibility if there is a way that the P+ can prove that he is the same account holder as the alt that currently owns the Linden Home

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Charlie McGregor said:

If your main account submits a Linden Home Premium Plus request ticket and explains the alt account will abandon when Support are ready to allocate, it will be interesting to know what the answer will be.

But we do not identify alt accounts when we create them.  And LL is pretty respectful of people's privacy.  With FB throwing their hat into the ring, typist anonymity has become a differentiator for LL.  And I value that, I love that people can re-invent themselves in SL without being tied to the circumstances of their RL.

Even if someone at LL correlated identical payment and/or IP info and/or email addresses to detect probable alts, I doubt such info would be accessible to anyone who works directly with residents, like support.

And if the support person cannot verify that the avatar you want to transfer a home to is an alt, how do they know you're not just trading a fabulous home to another player for money?

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

But we do not identify alt accounts when we create them.  And LL is pretty respectful of people's privacy.  With FB throwing their hat into the ring, typist anonymity has become a differentiator for LL.  And I value that, I love that people can re-invent themselves in SL without being tied to the circumstances of their RL.

Even if someone at LL correlated identical payment and/or IP info and/or email addresses to detect probable alts, I doubt such info would be accessible to anyone who works directly with residents, like support.

And if the support person cannot verify that the avatar you want to transfer a home to is an alt, how do they know you're not just trading a fabulous home to another player for money?

They can identify alts on their back end via payment info, email, IP address.. etc. LL is not as in the dark about residents' info.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, AzureWaves said:

They can identify alts on their back end via payment info, email, IP address.. etc. LL is not as in the dark about residents' info.

Tilia is a subsidiary of Linden Research and it would be shocking news if Tilia financial databases were accessible by Linden Lab support workers. Also, there are legit reasons why alts of a single individual might have have different email addresses (mine do) and IP addresses (e.g. VPNs).

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 428 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.