Premium Plus and Linden Homes

Teresa Firelight
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 479 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So for anyone who is curious about the timing: I submitted my ticket request for an assigned LH at around 1:40 pm SLT today. I got a simple response that it was all set up just shortly past 6pm SLT. So just over 4 and a half hours 👍

1 hour ago, Baiphen Quintessa said:

To those who have put in the tickets for the house request. How exactly did that work? I mean, was it literally a house you found through wandering? Did you have to have a specific coordinate? I read the FAQ but my brain is fuzzy on this perk. 

I personally had been looking for a continent edge location of a specific theme. I looked around by "wandering"- just clicking on the world map and seeing if parcels were available. Highly agree it'd be nice to have a "Claim" button on there. Anyways I found a whole region that was released but not a single one claimed. Copied the coords of my fave spot and submitted it in the ticket 👍

Edited by Jadziyah Nova
Correct timezones
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2

30 minutes ago, Baiphen Quintessa said:

To those who have put in the tickets for the house request. How exactly did that work? I mean, was it literally a house you found through wandering? Did you have to have a specific coordinate? I read the FAQ but my brain is fuzzy on this perk. 

I put in two requests for two different avatars I upgraded today.  I also added a 2nd alternative incase the first was taken.  You may wanna go as far as a third alternative as well. 

You basically just put in a URL of a house you fancy that is ''linden home'' and then they process it by putting your name on it you get a thank you and say your home is ready.  you then can go stand on your parcel which is in your name already.

I made sure I added 2nd url's as a back up so they didn't have to keep coming back to me.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

I put in a request for a Sakura Home, and it was already requested/taken, so did some exploring, found some amazing coastal fantasy homes on the north coast of Sunshiny Day, then went looking at chalets and finally revised the ticket for a chalet on Salto Dellamante with a nice view of the railroad and a train station where you can rez trains,  the waterway, and a lot of really pretty landscaping...and got an email that said it was all set!  Very easy...

• Like 10

7 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

See, that is one of the things I was wondering about before.

If I renewed my Premium, how much would I pay for an upgrade to Plus? Would it be a fixed amount? Or in %?

If it was better information, it might have been the deciding factor for me to renew. I set my account back to Basic instead.

I would not say that I regret it, but maybe LL should, since I found out that all the Premium perks was easy to live without. The groups was mostly rubbish that I paid 10 L for to join for a single gift, and nothing of interest later. I find sandboxes that are okay even if it's not for Premium. The stipend does not make a noticeable reduction in the amount of Lindens I buy.

The rest of themes not released in Bellisseria may bump me back in ordinary Premium to enjoy them, but now I am not feeling it.

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, Teresa Firelight said:

I thought that I heard that you get more tries on the land page for PP alts. Is that true or is it just a rumor? if it is true, how many do you get?

(or has no one tested it cuz they are all busy requestign specific homes)?

I think it is a rumor. I have read the blogpost and the FAQ.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, EmmaAsht0n said:

It's not a rumor but one of many possible perks which were discussed by LL but haven't been implemented yet. No one knows for sure if or when it will become available.

It hasn’t I was getting content packs I was missing on my alt yesterday and it is 5 rolls still.    Enjoy the weekend as the weather is lovely 😊

Edited by Aria Aurelia
  • Like 1

Just a warning on asking for a particular Linden home after moving to Premium Plus - last night I found the perfect parcel and sent in a request - this morning I got a message that the coordinates I had given them were "on the road" and I went back to check and someone else had claimed the parcel just a few hours ago.

Make sure that you are in the middle of the parcel when you put in the coordinates, not on the sidewalk in front of it. Putting in the parcel designation doesn't seem to matter.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

See, that is one of the things I was wondering about before.

If I renewed my Premium, how much would I pay for an upgrade to Plus? Would it be a fixed amount? Or in %?

For the yearly, you pay the amount extra to cover plus until your normal renewal date. So if you had three months to go on premium, you pay the extra to make those three months into plus. Then you'd pay for the premium plus as usual when your renewal date comes around. I wouldn't have upgraded this early if that system hadn't been in place.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

So I imagine we will get a lot of people upgrading for a month now to to get their perfect LH and then canceling...leaving the others for those that don't upgrade. Awesome....

I would be in the perfect position for this.... I pay yearly and my renewal is a month from now.... the prorated upgrade was only like $20..... But.... I plan to roll the dice and let it renew for the year. If it seems it's not for me I will downgrade back to regular premium at the next renewal.

10 minutes ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

So I imagine we will get a lot of people upgrading for a month now to to get their perfect LH and then canceling...leaving the others for those that don't upgrade. Awesome....

That is an interesting take. To go from Premium to Basic, you lose your Linden home.

So can you go from PPlus to Premium and keep it? I could not see that question in the FAQ.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

First, since they are not 'extending' out the Premium renewal date when you upgrade, they then have to calculate how much the Premium Plus is for the number of days until your current subscription renewal.  The Premium Plus is roughly $0.68 per day.  Multiple the number of days remaining in your current subscription by $0.68 and that is the amount the Premium Plus would cost you for the days until your normal renewal date.

Then they calculate the credit due for your current subscription.  Regular Premium is approx. $0.27 US per day.  So they take the number of days that you have left in you current Premium subscription and multiple that by $0.27 --- that is the credit that you get.

For simplicity, say there are 10 days left on the current Premium subscription.  So Premium Plus for 10 days would be $6.80.  The credit for the Premium that you have already paid for would be $2.70.  So they would charge you $4.10 today and then in 10 days when the current subscription runs out, they would charge the $249 for a year renewal.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

I view this as an exploit of Plus, and I think LL (perhaps @Dottie Linden ?) should clarify whether it is possible.  If so,  I think it should be JIRA'd as a bug.  Certainly once 2048 parcels are available, it would be easy for them to insist that folks abandon their 2048 before downgrading to Premium from Plus.  I think that it would be fairest if LL also tracked how each home was claimed, and required  that any home claimed via Plus ticket be abandoned before downgrading. 

Otherwise, you could go to Plus for 2 months shortly before a year of Premium expires, get your bonus, get a great home, and downgrade with very little spent.  Of course Plus members who need to downgrade may be very sad to lose their home ... but otherwise I think many folks will use Plus this way.

That said, I think claiming homes via ticket is a nice feature, and I hope some of the people who have been saddened by not having the time or resources to play GOH successfully finally get the home of their dreams.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

Cheap way to change your name as well.  I've got an alt on premium and I can upgrade for 6 bucks for the rest of the month until renewal then change my name for 15.00 and downgrade again.  They probably should of thought a couple of these things out better.

name change idea.png

Edited by Aria Aurelia
  • Thanks 1

One thing to keep in mind is not to fall for the GoH mindset. That is the idea that a new house is automatically better. Therefore, once that house is not new any more, it's not worth having. A house that someone just abandoned could be your dream house. Some of the ones people are claiming by ticket aren't houses that you'll ever want. The ticket system won't mean that there are no good houses left.

Also, I fully expect people to be abandoning houses they've claimed via ticket as soon as the next new thing comes along. People who switch houses multiple times a week are very unlikely to settle.

The interesting thing will be what the system does with the houses. I wonder if the regions we're in will start to fill up now that someone has a house claimed there. Will the autoassigner kick in or not when a house gets abandoned?

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, Polenth Yue said:

One thing to keep in mind is not to fall for the GoH mindset. That is the idea that a new house is automatically better. Therefore, once that house is not new any more, it's not worth having. A house that someone just abandoned could be your dream house. Some of the ones people are claiming by ticket aren't houses that you'll ever want. The ticket system won't mean that there are no good houses left.

Also, I fully expect people to be abandoning houses they've claimed via ticket as soon as the next new thing comes along. People who switch houses multiple times a week are very unlikely to settle.

The interesting thing will be what the system does with the houses. I wonder if the regions we're in will start to fill up now that someone has a house claimed there. Will the autoassigner kick in or not when a house gets abandoned?

A region that I had premium plus homes assigned in went last night after a restart by the person who Assigned them via ticket.  Other homes were claimed via the page it seems because I had a friend who filed a ticket to get a home next to mine.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Polenth Yue said:

One thing to keep in mind is not to fall for the GoH mindset. That is the idea that a new house is automatically better. Therefore, once that house is not new any more, it's not worth having. 

might be for some, but for sure not for the people who play GoH for what it should be : GOH get different houses in different settings and move on after a little while

• Like 2

When you are claiming a home via the ticket system with PP,  you are paying for the ticket system and not for the house.  You shouldn't have to abandon it if you downgrade to regular premium just like you do not lose your paid name change if you downgrade out of premium altogether.

• Like 6

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 479 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.