New Theme Hint? What are your guesses? Sakura!

Evangeline Arcadia

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 772 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

17 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

My major hate object in Newbrooke is the glued on terraces. I still hate them, even if I made one work for me.

Overall, I warmed up to the Newbrooke's after I saw some really good interior posts. But it will snow in hell before I change my opinion of the glued on terraces. I made one of the terraces work, but that is not the same as freedom to make just the size of terrace I want, or no terrace at all.

Well, what do you think of the Sakura terraces? The  herringbone design?

22 minutes ago, Prokofy Neva said:

I still haven't logged in. It is not one of my best days in RL.

Now you make me nervous... 😩I did not see any huge ones, only small terraces on the pictures posted here? The Newbrooke terraces on the 1024's took up all the garden space.

Edited by Marianne Little

1 hour ago, AuroraDammerung said:

This looks so very close to the LL homes:

f293203211479e5ffe1a93905d6a2760.jpg

However, there is no low wall or drainage in the LL homes. Which is a good thing, because that allows the home owner much more flexibility and choice in how they want to use that space.

I am utterly smitten with this home design and can not wait to use it! 😍

This look amazing! I really can't decide among 3 or 4 of the available plans gosh, but the idea of having this view inside from several rooms opening the sliding doors captivates my heart! 💗

Edited by OkinamiTomoe
correctint spelling
  • Like 4

32 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

I did not see any huge ones, only small terraces on the pictures posted here? The Newbrooke terraces on the 1024's took up all the garden space.

Luckily there are no huge terraces in Sakura houses. Most houses have none at all. Couple of house styles have narrow terrace strip attached to the house leaving plenty of room for garden.

0bb4768f31b48605d047b4a1c3e443cd.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Well, then. Completely against all my expectations, it looks very much like I will be relocating from Newbrooke to Sakura when it comes out because, good grief, these regions are pretty! I'm quietly 'heart-eyes-ing' at the 512 houses because they look like wonderful living spaces for those of us favouring smaller homes. Loving the soundscapes too.

Nicely done, LL!

• Like 7

Shion and Sumire, it will be houses that I will definitely want to try, for those who like open plan, large windows and gardens, it will be great fun, minimalism, and the elements earth, water, fire and air... already waiting for the launch! !!

1562205836_SAKURAABRIL_051.thumb.jpg.2210f41c6f7174bab85eacf7dd15fe90.jpg

99687826_SAKURAABRIL_042.thumb.jpg.3ef4c1607cae93cefd70ae22cfafba56.jpg

649628346_SAKURAABRIL_049.thumb.jpg.0ca83e4bbbf20df4fa88cc0810b77bf5.jpg

1127110860_SAKURAABRIL_047.thumb.jpg.02fe2e9d14b4f71cc7ce2f4df0bc6f57.jpg

1106731736_SAKURAABRIL_043.thumb.jpg.246665649026fab93c2e471b94f3da5c.jpg

155845810_SAKURAABRIL_044.thumb.jpg.b9c46eb1149a9c107a436dcf4b8ff051.jpg

1468126459_SAKURAABRIL_046.thumb.jpg.a51762cf138b8956032f5f27d5fa01ee.jpg

1047537669_SAKURAABRIL_037.thumb.jpg.c436caba4eba712f901380d2285e13f0.jpg

1981414314_SAKURAABRIL_039.thumb.jpg.c783c8c85f12ec538e35b706825a56c1.jpg

1332578510_SAKURAABRIL_035.thumb.jpg.879309ac486121e1d25d2c31294d1eff.jpg

• Like 11

8 hours ago, Prokofy Neva said:

I like the herringbone design. I think it is an improvement over the concrete slabs. The terraces are not so big. They do not make a huge obstacle for the gardens, like the Newbrooke. I usually have a slab or a step in front of doors out, and this is much the same.

• Like 3

I wrote a long reply, and then my old laptop crashed and it disappeared.

So I say this is 10 of 10 in landscaping. I love the water, the water plants, the planters, and trees. Not only the Sakura ones, but the pine trees too.

Houses are 9 of 10. They are not totally my style, but I applaud the variation, and that they took the effort to make small changes on the doors inside. I like the outside and the roof materials. The houses stand too close some places, but I accept that LL is a business, not a charity, and that they will not have fewer houses if they use a lot of water.

In total, 9,5 of 10.

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 7

I love the layouts of many of these houses, I think they've done a great job. Loving the big windows:) I'm still in love with my Stilt home, so won't be moving, but if I did, I think this would be next on my list. They tick a lot of boxes, and the landscaping is beautiful. I think these will be very popular, especially with the mulitple home styles to choose from, and 512/1024 options. I wish they had done this with earlier themes. But there are more to come! So let's hope the trend continues:)

Edited by Evangeline Arcadia
  • Like 3

I will say that I very much prefer a one level open floor plan.  I'm 57 and I grew up in a home with 2 stories and basement, etc. as did all my friends and all the twisty turns that come with them.  Everything was very much compartmentalized.  I will have to go back (if allowed) to look at more of the homes for the new launch.  It's a vibe thing for me. I'm sure it is the same for many of you. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

I like the herringbone design. I think it is an improvement over the concrete slabs. The terraces are not so big. They do not make a huge obstacle for the gardens, like the Newbrooke. I usually have a slab or a step in front of doors out, and this is much the same.

I didn't perceive the Newbrooke patios as an obstacle for gardens because you could just put flower pots around or even an earth mesh down with flowers in it as if the terrace were broken up. I think "herringbone" isn't Japanese, but then I have no idea what is or isn't and sometimes you find something in Japan that was borrowed from the US and transformed.

6 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

So I say this is 10 of 10 in landscaping. I love the water, the water plants, the planters, and trees. Not only the Sakura ones, but the pine trees too.

Totally agree. I spent time this morning looking at every single plant and all the house colors. There are several aspects of Sakura that make me REALLY like it

- outside landscaping appears to be totally optional (LI savings) , 512 houses on 1024 lots for the gardeners; the pines are Japanese Pines and the maples are Japanese Red Maples (not any old maple in fall colors)

- windows frame the landscape

- all the exterior house colors are usable (for me, the Newbrookes have many unusable options)

- add-ons seem unnecessary

- the open floor plans will be wonderful

- roadways that appear driveable are in fact driveable (unlike the stilt piers)

- the canals are easily navigable by boats bigger than canoes (unlike the twisty streams of Fantasseria or the post-full canals of the stilts)

- it appears hilly (always better than flat)

Only two requests... put these near Satori (so the mainland sailors can visit) and consider varying the river water animation to give the (more realistic) illusion of different water speeds (flat sections go slower)

Edited by diamond Marchant
  • Like 5

23 minutes ago, diamond Marchant said:

- add-ons seem unnecessary

Oh i hope that it true!  The most disappointing aspect of Bellisseria for me has always been that, within 2 weeks of a theme being released, the MP is flooded with a pile of often badly made, out of theme, absurdly designed add-ons :(

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Prokofy Neva said:

I didn't perceive the Newbrooke patios as an obstacle for gardens because you could just put flower pots around or even an earth mesh down with flowers in it as if the terrace were broken up. I think "herringbone" isn't Japanese, but then I have no idea what is or isn't and sometimes you find something in Japan that was borrowed from the US and transformed.

I made one terrace work for me, but that was because it wasn't far from my idea. If I wanted to change it more, and cover the terrace totally, the top plate will have to be so carefully placed because it may collide with the doors. The edges of the glued on terraces is also a bit higher than the wood terrace boards, making it even more difficult. I can not have a pool on the terrace. Well, technically I can. But it is much better to have it on the ground, it does not need to be so high built up. This a topic more for Newbrooke threads, so I can't discuss it more here. It is about what I need, freedom to shape the garden inside the boundaries. I am happy LL did not continue with them in this style.

I am rather impressed at the way the Sakura homes have been designed with a combination of practicality/"livability" and Japanese styling. The "livability" of the original Asian Linden Homes was a big issue - so deep into theme and so small they were difficult to furnish, and the lack of windows made them seem very closed-in. In the new homes, there is enough interior detail - in my opinion - for the theme to be distinctive (which has been a complaint with some of the other home styles). On the other hand, since this is "modern" one can pick from a range of design styles for the interior - contemporary, minimalist, mid-century, etc. Or go with more of a traditional Japanese or Asian style.

Edited by Trinity1776
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, Trinity1776 said:

I am rather impressed at the way the Sakura homes have been designed with a combination of practicality/"livability" and Japanese styling. The "livability" of the original Asian Linden Homes was a big issue - so deep into theme and so small they were difficult to furnish, and the lack of windows made them seem very closed-in. In the new homes, there is enough interior detail - in my opinion - for the theme to be distinctive (which has been a complaint with some of the other home styles). On the other hand, since this is "modern" one can pick from a range of design styles for the interior - contemporary, minimalist, mid-century, etc. Or go with more of a traditional Japanese or Asian style.

I totally agree. I think these are really versatile.

6 hours ago, Eowyn Southmoor said:

The most disappointing aspect of Bellisseria for me has always been that, within 2 weeks of a theme being released, the MP is flooded with a pile of often badly made, out of theme, absurdly designed add-ons :(

Got it! The mysterious box is full of Vogon Poetry, for people with out-of-theme add-ons. 

Vogon Box.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

10 hours ago, Eowyn Southmoor said:

Oh i hope that it true!  The most disappointing aspect of Bellisseria for me has always been that, within 2 weeks of a theme being released, the MP is flooded with a pile of often badly made, out of theme, absurdly designed add-ons :(

I do very minimal porch add ons on traditionals only.  I sometimes add shutters or a exterior shell on any theme Linden Home to allow more color choices. Outside that, I pretty much don't like exterior additions. Most of the ones I have seen are a downgrade not an upgrade to the house. lol

• Like 3

I oftentimes get asked why I haven't made many, if any, new addons recently. I honestly, only sold add-ons that I personally used. After living in them and posting pictures of my homes in the forums I got asked to sell them, so I did. But honestly, I've not felt any of the themes past the trads and houseboats have needed add-ons. I've gone in and made a few little bits here and there for homes that I've lived in but nothing I would consider a true add-on, except for my deck kit for the stilts, so have not sold them. I agree that the Sakura homes don't need any add-ons because they are so versatile and have so many options to choose from already.

I've loved all the themes, but Sakura is by far my favorite. I can't wait for release!!!!

• Like 12

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 772 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.