Newbrooke's have been released!

Evangeline Arcadia
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 847 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Ok so we were going to stay faaaaar out of this thread. But since our names have been brought up I guess I need to chime in here. 

Do the hammies do a lot of events, yush we dooooo. But I have to be perfectly honest and say that even if we were ever offered something like a hamquarters, we would decline. We've had the Belli Animal Sanctuary since July 2019. That is our hamquarters and we are happy wiff it :) 

We also do our events because we really do love living here and we love all the people we have met in the almost 3 years we have been living in Belli. So when we build something like zoo-palooza or the water park that runs for the summer (or has in the past). Seeing you all enjoy those places is all the payment we want. And that is not bull***** .. varihammy and I really do feel that way about it. We enjoy the building, even if we do rip out a few tufts of stressed out fur while creating haha .. but even more, we enjoy the happy faces and the laughs. 

As much as we appreciate the feedback and the kind words about what we may bring. We'd prefer not to be compared to what other community members bring to Bellisseria. 

Also .. please send carrots, thank yeeew! 

🐹🐹

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2

23 hours ago, Indy Melody said:

Beautiful Dreamer Bowling 1_001.png

whenever I see this kind of build on Bellissaria I think about how could builds like this be catered for in an organised/structured way. Cafes, pubs, bowling alleys, bars, libraries, galleries, hairdressers, superettes, gas stations, post offices, freight/parcel centers, etc etc

one way could be to designate a road (or connecting roads) on some regions as the High Street. When lucky enough to get a parcel on the High Street then can build the above kind of thing. Still would be L$ non-commercial. And can't do this on any other road on the region

the outcome of which would be all these little towns spread across the Bellissaria estate. Which I think would be kinda cool

how to designate the High Street easily ? Stick a town sign at each end of the road, and change the road texture, so is clear to everyone where the High Street Town starts and ends

people who get a High Street parcel are not required to do a town build, can have own home as they like. But I think that over time as people move in and out of parcels then most of the parcels on the High Street will go town style

Edited by Mollymews
organised
  • Like 12

22 minutes ago, Mollymews said:

whenever I see this kind of build on Bellissaria I think about how could builds like this be catered for in an organised/structured way. Cafes, pubs, bowling alleys, bars, libraries, galleries, hairdressers, superettes, gas stations, post offices, freight/parcel centers, etc etc

one way could be to designate a road (or connecting roads) on some regions as the High Street. When lucky enough to get a parcel on the High Street then can build the above kind of thing. Still would be L$ non-commercial. And can't do this on any other road on the region

the outcome of which would be all these little towns spread across the Bellissaria estate. Which I think would be kinda cool

how to designate the High Street easily ? Stick a town sign at each end of the road, and change the road texture, so is clear to everyone where the High Street Town starts and ends

people who get a High Street parcel are not required to do a town build, can have own home as they like. But I think that over time as people move in and out of parcels then most of the parcels on the High Street will go town style

I like this idea a lot and was something I was also thinking. Designate certain parcels to be able to build a non traditional structure. Having a street dedicated to these types of builds is even better. It would save having them just wherever someone decided to build one and keep them out of the residential part of the region. 

• Like 4

This is an LL investment in the community. Some will think and accuse of favoritism, but I know of at least 17 people who volunteer at the BBB. No matter who you are the BBB door is open to you. If you want to go sit on the BBB lawn, chat, have coffee you are encouraged to do so. BBB welcome's us all and have put out dispensers, an intan, plus sitting areas. The building is full of information. An event board for us all to use (just have to reach out). Photo studio anyone is welcome to use. It is the home of the working post office for Bellisseria and the ambassador information. It is a public space for the community of Bellisseria. They work to foster community actively.  This is no different than SL giving a private island for a financial charity donation.  The staff of the BBB, donate their personal time and money. Jumping on their name is funny because they even mock their name. There is humor there and it was intended.  The BBB volunteers give of themselves.  Why jump all over people who give?  Sorry I do not get this.  They hold rallies for Bellisserria and SL. They have 2 publications, passports, kiosks, license plates, driver's licenses, and the mail office.  These are things that take the BBB volunteer's time.  A lot of time.  While most of us are shopping, dancing, laughing many of the BBB are working to enrich our community and experience in SL.  It is not just holding events or giving up one of their homes... it is again time, money, and labor. Apparently hard work is noticed.  Glad to see it.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

I like this idea a lot and was something I was also thinking. Designate certain parcels to be able to build a non traditional structure. Having a street dedicated to these types of builds is even better. It would save having them just wherever someone decided to build one and keep them out of the residential part of the region. 

yes.  I am not the first person to think about this. Given a group of people thinking about a thing independently then they all tend to come up with the same basic concept, how it might be done and what the benefits/outcomes are most likely to be

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Mollymews said:

one way could be to designate a road (or connecting roads) on some regions as the High Street. When lucky enough to get a parcel on the High Street then can build the above kind of thing. Still would be L$ non-commercial. 

I love this idea.  I can say completely selfishly that it would be nice if this were done in a theme where one could choose a 512 home on a 1024 parcel, because I would REALLY want to put a Madpea minigolf course on mine with a small clubhouse, and the minigolf set does take up a bit of space!

13 hours ago, gizmatron77 said:

Personally rather than the extra rental proposed above as its urban why not add a faux-mall or two as the region grows.. That would suit the urban setting, allow community or leisure orientated faux businesses. Bowling alley, swimming baths, as I'm from France petanque outdoor bowls maybe.. again your imagination is the limit. just my thoughts.

Malls have such a moribund history in SL, tho.  And they would be a lot harder to fit into the existing residential concept than Molly's "High Street".  But I have to follow up on the pitanq idea!  Madpea, we need Bocce/Pitanq please!

• Like 3

On 3/5/2022 at 4:59 AM, Mollymews said:
On 3/5/2022 at 3:17 AM, Abnor Mole said:

A living roof or a deck is different than an add-on that looks like a major change to the design of the house itself, and I think that is what Patch wants to avoid... lest the theme becomes a sea of pointy, pitched rooves stretching out into the distance as far as the draw distance eye can see. 

dang!!! this would rule out the 20 floor apartment build on top then also ??!

Woh, I thought as long as the building is below 15 meters and within theme anything goes.

This subject might need it's own tread, managed by lindens/moles. Linden Home Design Does and Don'ts. Maybe broken down by theme? 

Does this mean no garden rooms on rooves? or aircraft? This is going to get messy. 

This was prolly covered on newer pages of this topic, i'm only on page 4.

Wonders what the maximum allowable pitch of the roof can be and if room additions on top of the linden home roof is allowed if within 15 meter height and within theme and if not can a container garage be built next to it or will all future builds be required to be transparent so no one can see them? 

roof-pitch-in-degrees.jpg

Edited by Paulsian

53 minutes ago, Kalia Anatine said:

This is an LL investment in the community. Some will think and accuse of favoritism, but I know of at least 17 people who volunteer at the BBB. No matter who you are the BBB door is open to you. If you want to go sit on the BBB lawn, chat, have coffee you are encouraged to do so. BBB welcome's us all and have put out dispensers, an intan, plus sitting areas. The building is full of information. An event board for us all to use (just have to reach out). Photo studio anyone is welcome to use. It is the home of the working post office for Bellisseria and the ambassador information. It is a public space for the community of Bellisseria. They work to foster community actively.  This is no different than SL giving a private island for a financial charity donation.  The staff of the BBB, donate their personal time and money. Jumping on their name is funny because they even mock their name. There is humor there and it was intended.  The BBB volunteers give of themselves.  Why jump all over people who give?  Sorry I do not get this.  They hold rallies for Bellisserria and SL. They have 2 publications, passports, kiosks, license plates, driver's licenses, and the mail office.  These are things that take the BBB volunteer's time.  A lot of time.  While most of us are shopping, dancing, laughing many of the BBB are working to enrich our community and experience in SL.  It is not just holding events or giving up one of their homes... it is again time, money, and labor. Apparently hard work is noticed.  Glad to see it.

So you don't think anyone else in Bellisseria puts "time and money" into doing things for the community.  Apparently only this 1 group is deserving of this very special out of the ordinary benefit. I agree with previous posters.  This is simple favoritism nothing more nothing less.  How about Bellisseria Citizens???  I don't know a single group in Bellisseria that has put more of their time into creating community.  No Freebie HQ for Bellisseria Citizens.

On top of that there was absolutely no transparency whatsoever with this.  This home was just rolled out like nobody would notice this.  Plus nobody has even pointed out that in order to create this home a Public party beach area had to be wiped out.  How about talk to the owner of the house in the region east of the newly erected BBB home on how they feel about their view of the beach abruptly being wiped out with a house they never imagined would be erected.

Not to mention this whole debate began over a roof.  A tiny little roof add-on that was deemed out of theme or inappropriate or whatever.  I find it amazing that someone's little roof add-on is rejected all the while 1 particular community group gets special treatment with a home on its own region with TRIPLE the amount of LI that anyone else would get for a paid home.

Defend it all you want but every single person who is upset by this is absolutely within their right to do so.  

Edited by Evangeline Ling
  • Like 18

I guess the theme is flat rooves No pitch? That would be easy to explain. I'm still a little shocked, some of the moded rooves are really pretty. Living with the fear having your roof returned is a new one for me to currently fully comprehend. 

Don't see to many flat rooves on a traditional, victorian, cabin, or fantasy, or chalet. I can sort of understand where they are coming from with not wanting their design to be changed, but it's a flat roof it's just screaming change me "i'm a big blank canvas that should never be changed" ! I'm sure they can appreciate why residents are a bit confused.

Technically this photo shows a container staircase, but the roof pitch is way beyond 0 degrees. Wonder if something like this would be returned. 

neat design png.png

Edited by Paulsian
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Evangeline Ling said:

So you don't think anyone else in Bellisseria puts "time and money" into doing things for the community.  Apparently only this 1 group is deserving of this very special out of the ordinary benefit. I agree with previous posters.  This is simple favoritism nothing more nothing less.  How about Bellisseria Citizens???  I don't know a single group in Bellisseria that has put more of their time into creating community.  No Freebie HQ for Bellisseria Citizens.

On top of that there was absolutely no transparency whatsoever with this.  This home was just rolled out like nobody would notice this.  Plus nobody has even pointed out that in order to create this home a Public party beach area had to be wiped out.  How about talk to the owner of the house in the region east of the newly erected BBB home on how they feel about their view of the beach abruptly being wiped out with a house they never imagined would be erected.

Not to mention this whole debate began over a roof.  A tiny little roof add-on that was deemed out of theme or inappropriate or whatever.  I find it amazing that someone's little roof add-on is rejected all the while 1 particular community group gets special treatment with a home on its own region with TRIPLE the amount of LI that anyone else would get for a paid home.

Defend it all you want but every single person who is upset by this is absolutely within their right to do so.  

I never said anyone else was not worthy.  Please do not assume or read in what is not there. 

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

Wouldn't what the BBB is entitled to and given be something that LL should address directly? I'm not sure why residents who have volunteered and given their time have to justify why? This clearly was approved by LL.

I think most people ARE upset at LL and not BBB.  Most groups would jump at what they were given, nobody necessarily blames them for taking it.  But unless it's something other groups can somehow obtain, it's favoritism and unfair.

• Like 12

On 3/5/2022 at 11:17 PM, Evangeline Arcadia said:

One alternative solution regarding faux businesses - it's been expressed a few times that residents do like them if tastefully done, adding to the community feel. So @Patch Linden why not have a few homes dotted here and there which residents can pay a tiny bit extra for to create a non-commercial community spot, cafe, post office, whatever. I'm not sure if LL could do that logistically. Maybe keep the land as Linden owned and have a rental box on it and set the criteria for what the user can and can't do, and then they can check the build is  meeting their criteria for theme. That would be much easier to police since they'll know which homes they are. The rent would have to be minimal though otherwise people wouldn't do it.

I have a great solution to this problem: it's called the Mainland!

And you get to charge money at your virtual "faux" business, too! Put out a tip jar, sell t-shirts, mugs, art-work, charge admission for bowling, sell bowling shoes -- go wild!

Anybody want to put out a bowling alley? IM me, because ever since the once in Slosser went out of business and abandoned, there hasn't been one in that area and I'd love to see one.

• Like 10
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Kalia Anatine said:

I am curious: why is the BBB group private? That's kind of a turn off, to be honest.

Screen Shot 2022-03-06 at 11.22.55 PM.png

Edited by Sylvia Tamalyn
  • Like 7
  • Confused 1

On 3/5/2022 at 1:46 AM, EmmaAsht0n said:

So it would mean that something like this (inclined roof) would not be allowed then? Good I hadn't bought it yet even though it's pretty cheap.

Roof_Bradbury.png

That's a real shame because it really improves the look of the awkward Newbrooke houses. 

I'm trying to get inspired with what to do with mine, other than make a jail, a server farm, or a telephone company building. 

What *can* you put on the roof? Would deck chairs and a case of beer be ok? 

Barnesworth Anubis has a house with exactly that kind of roof that long ago he made for the Boardman community. Maybe he still has it for sale. Or someone does. So buy that prefab and...move to the Mainland! Then you can put what you want.

• Like 9

4 minutes ago, Prokofy Neva said:

I have a great solution to this problem: it's called the Mainland!

And you get to charge money at your virtual "faux" business, too! Put out a tip jar, sell t-shirts, mugs, art-work, charge admission for bowling, sell bowling shoes -- go wild!

Anybody want to put out a bowling alley? IM me, because ever since the once in Slosser went out of business and abandoned, there hasn't been one in that area and I'd love to see one.

C'mon, Prokofy, can't you work up a head of steam for an updated "Feted Inner Core" rant? I've been around long enough to remember well your tirades against Linden favoritism toward certain residents, and you were always sort of a hero of mine for having the cajones to say it out loud.

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

I am curious: why is the BBB group private? That's kind of a turn off, to be honest.

Screen Shot 2022-03-06 at 11.22.55 PM.png

I can see why this is, it helps to avoid spammers etc. I can tell you from having a passport on both of my avi's, that once they receive your passport application filled out w/photo. You get an invite to the group right after. 

🐹

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Beryl Greenacre said:

C'mon, Prokofy, can't you work up a head of steam for an updated "Feted Inner Core" rant? I've been around long enough to remember well your tirades against Linden favoritism toward certain residents, and you were always sort of a hero of mine for having the cajones to say it out loud.

Oh, you mean the way some people get all the best houses in Belliserria in ways that the Moles can't or won't stop?

Or did you mean the way the BBB, which is a mere residents' RP group, got a 4096 parcel for their Bellisseria home/office/BBB HQ, with 937 prims, in fact an entire sim to themselves with 2 rez zones? That?

I've written about this sort of thing in my newspaper.

It makes the old FIC look quite wan in comparison.

• Like 10

2 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

I love this idea.  I can say completely selfishly that it would be nice if this were done in a theme where one could choose a 512 home on a 1024 parcel, because I would REALLY want to put a Madpea minigolf course on mine with a small clubhouse, and the minigolf set does take up a bit of space!

a mini-golf course would be pretty cool. As you showing, activities are enjoyed by quite a lot of people

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 847 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.