Favorite AO Store (Not Vista please) lol..

MissV82

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 806 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have a new look and would like to get a new AO as well. It's been AGES. I usually use Vista so if anyone has any other suggestions for good AO Stores please drop them here :) I usually go for shy girl cute type AO's ..thank you :)

• Like 1

Body Language is popular.  Not a fan myself but they always have AOs at major sale events.  Oracle is another one people go to for full AOs.  

Most people seem to make their own now using the built in Firestorm AO.  Pick and choose which animations you like from various stores.  

• Like 2

SLC and Oracul are my favest.

I really am totally annoyed by Vista AOs by now x3 there's one certain female AO from vista that the whole grid seems to own (me too btw lol) but it's fun to watch 5 AVs doing the same moves at once at events x3

You could try Tuty's also!

And I love to mix and match animations from different AOs \(๑╹◡╹๑)ノ♬

• Like 1

I took apart a Vista, Oracul, some Move animations, and a few smaller ones as well as some individual animations and dances that didn't make me look like a reject from night at the Roxbury and made one of my own with a Zhao HUD since I don't like offloading my AO to FireStorm and prefer to keep it in-world so it works if I use a different client or log in via phone.

I had to take apart several though because none of them completely lined up with my avatar, and the ones that did looked silly like the one walk that touched my hips (and actually touched my hips rather than hung over them by half a foot) had my elbows cocked out at this impossible angle and waggled my backside like an excited puppy with every step.

• Like 2

There are many people making and selling animations and AO HUDs. Most of the new AO HUDs have heavy script loads. So, check them before committing to one.

I  find the old ZHAO II is a very lite AO. It is the older coding so it is more network intense. But on current day connections that is a minor issue. I think reducing script load is more important than reducing AO polling. Plus the new upgrades to the scripting system make scripts more efficient and less an issue.

I like Kuso animation: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Kuso/153/214/227 They come in three sizes.

AKEYO has nice animations and a way fancy collection of AOs. I found the capacity (number animations) of their AOs limited. Their customer service is good.

• Like 1

On 2/6/2022 at 10:35 AM, MissV82 said:

I have a new look and would like to get a new AO as well. It's been AGES. I usually use Vista so if anyone has any other suggestions for good AO Stores please drop them here :) I usually go for shy girl cute type AO's ..thank you :)

I love !Move animations and also

I bought a really nice 50L AO for a friend I recently helped outfit. It is surprisingly efficient.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Gwin LeShelle said:

SLC and Oracul are my favest.

I really am totally annoyed by Vista AOs by now x3 there's one certain female AO from vista that the whole grid seems to own (me too btw lol) but it's fun to watch 5 AVs doing the same moves at once at events x3

You could try Tuty's also!

And I love to mix and match animations from different AOs \(๑╹◡╹๑)ノ♬

Tuty is good but very move e?. I like she or he made some for larger avatars. Accommodating the bigger bust and butts.

Edited by LittleSparrow Skydancer

Tuty's female AOs definitely shift around a lot for me, but I've found their Gentleman AO is actually a really nice unisex choice if you want something fairly low-key. Fidgets enough to look interesting, without the constant dancing in place or weird spine-twisting poses. :)

• Like 3

I use a mix of animations from a variety of stores in my AO - Oracul for bento stands, sits, and walks, Abranimations for novelty stands, dance walks, and skips, and Move! and A&M Mocap for dances.

I swap AO notecards fairly often and when I'm not just standing around normally, I tend to go for the "jamming to music" aesthetic. 

For a curvier avatar, you could try STUN Poses - I believe they've got some AO breathing stands with curvy versions.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Yeah mixing is fun, I own like 12 SLC AOs and love mixing the animations (「`・ω・)「 and I have AOs for different moods some days I just don't feel like moving alot and some days I want to. Shy AO, peppy and so on x3 you can also get an empty AO and buy animations from different stores that you liked.

And STUN is an awesome suggestion, they make my favorite static poses for blogging and their packs are often in weekend sales, and the animations are really nicely made but not to movy and as already was mentioned they have often curvy options ⁽⁽ଘ( ˊᵕˋ )ଓ⁾⁾

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Echelon Alcott said:

I just tested the male AOs at Oracul and Akeyo. They are not bento. I would not recommend them.

AO's are not the Bento part. The Bento part is the animation. You can put Bento animations in Oracul and Akeyo AO's. The sets of animation you tried weren't Bento. But other animation sets using the same AO's may be Bento.

28 minutes ago, Nalates Urriah said:

AO's are not the Bento part. The Bento part is the animation. You can put Bento animations in Oracul and Akeyo AO's. The sets of animation you tried weren't Bento. But other animation sets using the same AO's may be Bento.

I understand that the AO is not bento, but rather the animations. What I meant in my post is that the animations in the male AOs available at Oracul and Akeyo are not bento. So if an avatar has a Belleza Jake (as an example) mesh body, using those AOs will result in the avatar still having starfish hands because the animations are not bento. For this reason, I would not recommend those AOs.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Echelon Alcott said:

I just tested the male AOs at Oracul and Akeyo. They are not bento. I would not recommend them.

the Oracul Male Bento AO's are in the New-AX department. The vendors say (Bento) on them. There are 3: Bulldog Fire (Bento), Captain Bear (Bento), Monster Grab (Bento)

when a vendor doesn't say (Bento) then is non-bento.  When bought separately Bento animations are L$20 each. Non-bento are L$10 each

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, LittleSparrow Skydancer said:

Tuty is good but very move e?. I like she or he made some for larger avatars. Accommodating the bigger bust and butts.

Some of the AO's previously from Tuty's are now sold by a separate vendor called "Voir." They have a lot of AO's for larger avatars.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 806 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.