All I Want for Christmas ....

Nika Talaj

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 827 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

What's the one little thing that you wish the moles would give us for Christmas?  Of course, you can post whatever you want, but I suspect that elves will be most likely to wiggle their magic eyebrows at requests for small things - particularly, small things about which @Abnor Mole and/or Santa Patch has not already explained why it hasn't been done.

For example, asking for 512 Modern homes on 1024 parcels is not a great candidate for this thread, I think.

But perhaps something like this:

All I want for Christmas is a rez zone here

1421370728_rezzonexmas_001small.jpg.a01c20d0d48cad60cc9f9fe7e0a3677e.jpg

This is at the bottom of the Pickle.  It LOOKS like they planned to put a rez zone here, doesn't it?  I'm standing about 20m from the edge of the region, but the water gets deep very quickly.

There are no water rez zones for the entire lower part of the pickle.  (Actually, there could be none even farther up, I stopped checking.)  Despite it being smack dab in the middle of a big Belli maritime crossroads.  In fact, I think the only auto rez zone is fairly inland at the dog park.

1211016033_norezzone.JPG.2dbe86bc7c6241acd1a412dbee798dfa.JPG

/me waves the pompom on her Santa hat.  Pwease?

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 9

Second the English cottage theme - Cotswolds / thatched...or Georgian or anything you would find in Edinburgh :)

Plus a houseboat that looks like a Williamsburg camper...

But to be real - some of the foliage in the landscapes are not available in the content packs and I would like a few, (as far as I can tell). Peace lily from the Modern theme and that LH - Rhododendron - Peachy/Buttercup 

• Like 9

41 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

Give Premiums the content packs without having to abandon a theme and pick up another theme! Set up some vendors where we can pick all the different content packs.

QFT!!  If LL wants to limit distribution of the content packs to premiums who currently own a Belli home, ANY Belli home, that would be OK.  Tho it's hard to see why limiting it would be necessary.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Chloe Bunny said:

But to be real - some of the foliage in the landscapes are not available in the content packs and I would like a few, (as far as I can tell). Peace lily from the Modern theme and that LH - Rhododendron - Peachy/Buttercup 

Just saw this - YES! Rhododendron bushes, please! 

• Like 7

• Moles

Not saying we would never make the content packs available to everyone, or just premium rather than to just the home owner... but there is a reason we did it the way we did in case anyone is wondering.

The content packs are sent from our own server rather than from a simple giver object like in the original homes. That makes it convenient for residents who get their home so they don't have to teleport someplace else to get one while still allowing us to be able to update the content inside the packs themselves quickly and easily from a single central location.
We decided to limit it to the person who owned the home to prevent mass spamming of the server and KVP from people just looking to collect freebies with no intention of ever having a Linden Home. Overloading the server could severely delay deliveries while overloading the KVP could break not only the content pack deliveries, but house rezzing, the houses themselves, the LH security systems... pretty much everything we use in Bellisseria that relies on that KVP. 

• Thanks 9
  • Sad 2

16 minutes ago, Abnor Mole said:

Not saying we would never make the content packs available to everyone, or just premium rather than to just the home owner... but there is a reason we did it the way we did in case anyone is wondering.

As someone with a Lindy home I would appreciate a single "content package" that includes the latest everything from all the homes.

SLM has update options now, so it could be listed there and when a new version pops we can just get a redelivery.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

48 minutes ago, Abnor Mole said:

The content packs are sent from our own server rather than from a simple giver object like in the original homes. That makes it convenient for residents who get their home so they don't have to teleport someplace else to get one while still allowing us to be able to update the content inside the packs themselves quickly and easily from a single central location.
We decided to limit it to the person who owned the home to prevent mass spamming of the server and KVP from people just looking to collect freebies with no intention of ever having a Linden Home. Overloading the server could severely delay deliveries while overloading the KVP could break not only the content pack deliveries, but house rezzing, the houses themselves, the LH security systems... pretty much everything we use in Bellisseria that relies on that KVP. 

I love Coffee's idea of a single content pack containing all of the other packs.  Just a slight change to the home menu for the box that is delivered.  I don't think it would impact the server at all and you could still limit it to home owners.  

• Like 5

On 12/19/2021 at 4:59 AM, Mercedes Avon said:

I would like to see an update to traditional homes so their walls can be tinted like the rest and have options for different color trims.

An update is promised after release of the Modern homes, (----brooke?) and then the next theme, and so the long awaited Traditionals update. I would like to add open floorplans to the update.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Evangeline Arcadia said:

Ok, since Santa Mole/Linden won't be bringing my wish for all the content packs to be made avaiable at a single location (yet😀) I'd like to ask for the newer Stilt areas to be released for Christmas. I've been a good girl all year....promise! 😁  🎄🎅

In Australia Christmas is at the beach so..  yes 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Abnor Mole said:

Would it be a better idea to remove the content packs entirely from mail boxes to ease the server burden? A simple landmark to a location clickable via mail box would suffice. I like the idea of all contents available always to any home owner and/or all premium. 

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Abnor Mole said:

Makes sense.

But you could still easily copy the stuff into a gift-giver, and put the gift-giver at Campwhich Lodge or whatever.  I mean, you did it for the Great Pumpkin Giveaway, so why not LH Content Packs?

• Like 5

These are likely beyond the mole skillset, but no harm in asking...

World peace
Cures for COVID, cancer, HIV, and a number of other ailments
Significant progress to solving global warming
An end to hunger and homelessness
A small box of chocolates with the coconut and fruit filled ones replaced with the varieties I actually like

• Like 6
  • Haha 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 827 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.